IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

So I just seen this pop up on FB.

I mean, really?

Championship club, refurbished stadium, bringing through youth players into the first team on a regular occurrence now, and the fact we are historically better than them. The picture is embarrassing and should be pointing towards Filton Avenue.

10171883_1497053653847467_572770929380757665_n.jpg

A tubby in a baseball cap pointing at 'the smell'.... Really? 

#tooeasy #makingbristoldisgusted

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I mean, really?

Championship club, refurbished stadium, bringing through youth players into the first team on a regular occurrence now, and the fact we are historically better than them. The picture is embarrassing and should be pointing towards Filton Avenue.

That first appeared months (years ?) ago

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I mean, really?

He's no John Travolta.

But drop the T, maybe?

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

I mean, really?

No finger Dave has the best banter.

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

I mean, really?

If you look at his right hand you can tell he`s one of them straight away - just the three fingers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Calculus said:

Indeed. According to a very old Irish lady I used to know you should always have a good pair of shoes and a good bed - if you're not in one you're in the other.

What is 'agas' ? Supposedly designed to rhyme with rag ass?

Edited by havanatopia

4 minutes ago, I am the mole said:

And 2 right feet by the looks of things!!!!

Nah! This Gash fan's mother wasn't there to help him get dressed that morning. So he forgot his belt and was confused by the velcro fastening on his shoes. 

12 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

John Travola? :doh:

I can't see any caravan though (but I suppose that could be behind the person taking the photo), but I can see your line of thinking.

I must admit though, on viewing this, I was put off my dinner.

Oh well, here's to staying alive (strike the pose).

Edited by bcfcfinker

8 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I can't see any caravan though (but I suppose that could be behind the person taking the photo), but I can see your line of thinking.

I must admit though, on viewing this, I was put off my dinner.

Oh well, here's to staying alive (strike the pose).

You can tell by the way he uses his walk he`s a rovers man, no time to talk.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You can tell by the way he uses his walk he`s a rovers man, no time to talk.

Rovers goin no where... someone help me yeah

I just met some Rover's fans I haven't seen for a few months. I asked them straight out if they would prefer to lose the Championship play-off final (and be in the Championship) or win the Conference play-off final (and be in League 2). They chose to win the Conference final because 'they are winners'. I don't think I need to say any more... :rofl2br:

• Like 9

On 2/19/2016 at 14:47, Southstandoriginal said:
On 3/4/2016 at 18:18, Cotham Brow Red said:

Your right it is a stupid comparison. A million variables could affect attendances. Another factor lost in their blind delusion.

What disturbs me most is the fact that a Bristol City fan lives on the same road as I do.... thought Hartcliffe and similarly undesirable areas were more your  thing...

Sorry, the 'deluded' comments may apply to some Rovers fans, but it may disturb you to know that many of us are aware of where we stand vis a vis our'rivalry'. It annoys me that any of our fans are stupid enough to even comment on Bristol City, I know we are the smaller club (or 'blue few' in your parlance)- but be assured there are many of us who are not stupid or wanting a needless cyber fight. The best that can happen is to finally see some derby games again-hope it happens sooner rather than later.....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Sorry, the 'deluded' comments may apply to some Rovers fans, but it may disturb you to know that many of us are aware of where we stand vis a vis our'rivalry'. It annoys me that any of our fans are stupid enough to even comment on Bristol City, I know we are the smaller club (or 'blue few' in your parlance)- but be assured there are many of us who are not stupid or wanting a needless cyber fight. The best that can happen is to finally see some derby games again-hope it happens sooner rather than later.....

TBH and I am not giving it the big un, I just can't see it happening for a good while yet. Maybe F.A cup or League cup but Defo not the league. The recent JPT was a unique Derby atmosphere and always loved Derby games for that reason and am sure both sets of fans miss the annual match day rivalry but seems to be a distant memory at the moment as both clubs moved in different directions.

On 2/19/2016 at 14:47, Southstandoriginal said:
On 3/4/2016 at 18:18, Cotham Brow Red said:

Your right it is a stupid comparison. A million variables could affect attendances. Another factor lost in their blind delusion.

What disturbs me most is the fact that a Bristol City fan lives on the same road as I do.... thought Hartcliffe and similarly undesirable areas were more your  thing...

That's fair enough mate and I agree with that. I do think though that the more rational City fans, and Rovers too should in a sense fly the flag for Bristol- bit of a joke when we have a right go at each other- not as if it's west ham and spurs or whatever... 

28 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

That's fair enough mate and I agree with that. I do think though that the more rational City fans, and Rovers too should in a sense fly the flag for Bristol- bit of a joke when we have a right go at each other- not as if it's west ham and spurs or whatever... 

I was going to ignore it but I can't get past the "not as if it's west ham and spurs or whatever."

So you think that because we live in Bristol our teams should matter less to each of us ? Or am I getting the wrong meaning from this ?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Back in the day really enjoyed the match ups, and nothing wrong with either side giving it some. In the times when there are issues bigger that football the fans have come together.

Much rather see a local lass or kid in a Rovers shirt than a Man Utd one, but half the fun was bragging rights, giving it out, and occasionally having to take it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I was going to ignore it but I can't get past the "not as if it's west ham and spurs or whatever."

So you think that because we live in Bristol our teams should matter less to each of us ? Or am I getting the wrong meaning from this ?

you got the wrong meaning.... in a sense- I allude to the reasoning that throwing meaningless barbs/insults amounts to petty bickering....too easy to do and becomes very boring very quickly...

9 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

you got the wrong meaning.... in a sense- I allude to the reasoning that throwing meaningless barbs/insults amounts to petty bickering....too easy to do and becomes very boring very quickly...

I agree to a certain extent but there is an element of you set them up, we`ll knock them down which many of you lot provide a continual stream of targets for. Some of yours are STILL saying (and believing) you took 40k to Wembley, there were City in the away end v Mansfield,  rovers are thesixth richest club in Europe and all the rest despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Lets face it mate, if we get a free hit, we`re not going to walk on by any more than you would.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree to a certain extent but there is an element of you set them up, we`ll knock them down which many of you lot provide a continual stream of targets for. Some of yours are STILL saying (and believing) you took 40k to Wembley, there were City in the away end v Mansfield,  rovers are thesixth richest club in Europe and all the rest despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Lets face it mate, if we get a free hit, we`re not going to walk on by any more than you would.

Some of ours- not me...we took 28k to wembley...are nowhere near the 6th richest club, there were no city at the mem v mansfield. So you see, we are not all deluded.

• Like 7