IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Thanks for the clarification chaps.

As mentioned, if a contractor had been appointed, someone would have said / heard something. With the deadline approaching, either someone is under a confidentiality clause or this ain't starting before August which has to bring the January deadline into serious doubt.

Happy days! ;)

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

The other thing is we surely would have heard something from someone on here who works for/has contacts with any subbies that have been approached. Even if the job doesn`t go to tender (which I can`t believe for one minute) then the preferred contractor would have had to sound out any subcontractors he wanted to use for costings, availability etc.

There`s no way anything like that could possibly be kept secret with all the people that would have to be involved.

The position is very clear at the moment RRH - no deal has been struck with UWE due to their being a shortfall in the funding at the Rovers end. The business plan doesn't add up. Therefore the job hasn't gone out to tender/construction company are not in place. Therefore, with all the aforementioned time constraints, it would appear rather unlikely that Rovers will be able to 'implement' the extant UWE planning permission.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The position is very clear at the moment RRH - no deal has been struck with UWE due to their being a shortfall in the funding at the Rovers end. The business plan doesn't add up. Therefore the job hasn't gone out to tender/construction company are not in place. Therefore, with all the aforementioned time constraints, it would appear rather unlikely that Rovers will be able to 'implement' the extant UWE planning permission.

it's not like rovers to get their sums wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

All it comes down to is finding the money for the project.

If only they had an owner who was part of a family that founded a massive Investment Bank and may have an idea of how to access the funds required to realise the project. Ah well!

I heard they have the money, but it requires an online transfer.

Unfortunately they got the password incorrect 3 times.

They've been locked out... again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

• Admin
2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is that who I think it is...?! 

Best thing with this season shirt sponsor "Thorntons Travel"

As some people will know Rovers do a draw to see who will be their home and away shirt sponsors, Thorntons Travel entered and were drawn to be home shirt sponsors, the next minute the same company are announced as official travel partner for their trip to Portugal !! What are the chances !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

As some people will know Rovers do a draw to see who will be their home and away shirt sponsors, Thorntons Travel entered and were drawn to be home shirt sponsors, the next minute the same company are announced as official travel partner for their trip to Portugal !! What are the chances !

it's as if they fixed the draw just to steal some extra wonga

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

All it comes down to is finding the money for the project.

If only they had an owner who was part of a family that founded a massive Investment Bank and may have an idea of how to access the funds required to realise the project. Ah well!

I get the impression that the family gave Wael (the youngest son) Bristol Rovers as a toy to play with to keep him clear of their bank. Not sure the rest of the family have any interest in BRFC so the bank connection doesn't count for much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Rovers have worked with Thorntons for years. I love the draw for the shirt sponsor, what on earth is wrong with local businesses being involved with their local football team?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Rovers have worked with Thorntons for years. I love the draw for the shirt sponsor, what on earth is wrong with local businesses being involved with their local football team?

Quite right Miah old bean. This is not up to the standard of  Qubix who sponsor Ashley FC in the Downs League, but Thorntons have got to start somewhere 

http://www.qubixtech.com/ashley-afc-shirt-sponsors/

8 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I get the impression that the family gave Wael (the youngest son) Bristol Rovers as a toy to play with to keep him clear of their bank. Not sure the rest of the family have any interest in BRFC so the bank connection doesn't count for much.

Some kids got an Xbox one or a Playstation 4 for Christmas,  Wallys' parents couldn't afford one of those, so he got a shit version of Subuteo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, redcityman said:

Some kids got an Xbox one or a Playstation 4 for Christmas,  Wallys' parents couldn't afford one of those, so he got a shit version of Subuteo.

It's nothing like Subuteo. 

You have to pay for a new Subuteo team, you can't just assemble one with freebies. 

And when was the last time you saw a rent option when purchasing  a new section of stadium to surround your playing surface..?!

In fairness, Rovers' new championship ready sprinklers are far above those on offer from the Subuteo accessories store. They do come out on top when it comes to sprinklers. 

• Haha 2

• Admin
14 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

@Miah Dennehy You'll know then that it was a supporter who organised the previous trips abroad to Sabadell etc, the club saw the ££ and took over the running of it

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, Rovers' new championship ready sprinklers are far above those on offer from the Subuteo accessories store. They do come out on top when it comes to sprinklers. 

I always said they were a right shower.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10298/liking-odds-bookies-giving optimism still flowing well.

6-1 for promotion www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/promotion4-1 for play offs www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/to-make-the-playoffs

sh** odds,would rather do Blackpool 33's Gary bowyer good manager and stupid odds

if we can bring in those 4 quality players then I'd like our chance a bit more. bit light atm.

Then came two voices of reason!

20/1 is a fair price but realistically are we THAT much stronger than last season right now if at all? The league is more competitive too. At the moment we will finish similar to last season I feel but these next few signings could push us on.

"if we can bring in those 4 quality players then I'd like our chance a bit more. bit light atm". - In our dreams. The clueless one seems to be struggling with recruitment.