IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, WessexPest said:

How many did we take down there in preseason? ???

Of course that was a Saturday, and Papa John’s boycott, and, and…

But when has context ever mattered when that bunch of tossers cherry-pick away attendances of ours?

BA1AF63A-7000-46F4-A9D4-A59FAEBD6E28.jpeg

95 mind ?

• Haha 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

No mention of this on their "forum" - surprised at that........not.

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Somebody posted it on there yesterday. 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Just had a quick look - no sign of it that I can see.

Took less than 30 seconds to find

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/20056/rovers-shrewsbury-official-match-thread?page=15

• Like 1

On 30/08/2022 at 12:26, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

He could get us promoted to the Premier League and playing Champions League football but he'd still be a total ****. And that's a fact. The sooner he's gone, the better. Rather be playing Braintree again in the Conference with Darrell Clarke than be succeeding with this scumbag in charge.

Not a fan then? 

• Like 1

I was talking to a Gashead last week whilst drinking a cup of tea. He mentioned Rovers being more of a 'family club'. I actually choked on my tea and it sprayed everywhere. I cannot believe their fans still peddle that shit!

They couldn't be any further away from being an actual 'family club'. You only have to look as early back as Saturday for their four letter word expletives to Steve Cotterill in the presence of kids!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

… and don’t forget the Balloon Fiestal you, you, you Shithead. 

You’re clearly a gert Ted as you’ve conveniently ignored the Power Boat racing in April

95 to Plymouth in midweek whereas City took just over a thousand to Wycombe in midweek, which is about the same distance. Broadly similar away followings….. as a percentage of home attendances.

3 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

You’re clearly a gert Ted as you’ve conveniently ignored the Power Boat racing in April

95 to Plymouth in midweek whereas City took just over a thousand to Wycombe in midweek, which is about the same distance. Broadly similar away followings….. as a percentage of home attendances.

I'd hope that nobody brings 95 to us in this competition - it's always been a bit tin pot, but totally ruined with the addition of the Under 23's (now Under 21's) from the Prem clubs.  Thin end of the wedge as the Premier League behemoth marches on. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

We took that number to ******* Hull on a Friday night, for a sky televised game, when we’d just been relegated (and Hull promoted)

We took 98 to Hull.

A figure Gasheads love to bring up time and time again wilfully ignoring the circumstances.

I’d even argue that their game last night in a competition that offers their only real hope of silverware was more competitive than our dead rubber trip that night in 2013.

They will say they don’t care about the EFL Trophy and it’s a ‘boycott’ but then fill their ground if they get to the semis again like they did a couple of years ago against Sunderland (a year that also included under 21 teams).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I'd hope that nobody brings 95 to us in this competition - it's always been a bit tin pot, but totally ruined with the addition of the Under 23's (now Under 21's) from the Prem clubs.  Thin end of the wedge as the Premier League behemoth marches on. 

Absolutely.  Fans groups should do an organised boycott including the equivalent of picket lines outside each ground to show that it isn't apathy that is making attendances low but disgust at the cheapening of what was once a very decent competition by letting in Premiership youth teams.

I'm not joking I am genuinely appalled by this.  We haven't won many trophies but I liked the Freight Rover Cup whatever it's called and I'm proud of our three wins and two runner's up places.

Every time they prostitute it that bit more to the Premiership money machine the sheen on our trophies fades that little bit more.

Just imagine this great competition ofr Div 3 and 4 clubs having a final of Arsenal U21s vs Man City u21s.  What a farce.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To be fair I remember being 1 of only 168 at Forest in the JPT one year (I was working near by that week). Admittedly there had been 3500 City fans there the previous weekend for the league game though.

I think that the interest has always picked up when it gets to the quarter final stages, even in the original format.  Once there's a slight whiff of "Wembley" in the air, it becomes exciting! 

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ll be glued to Sky all day to see who they get in to push them over the line.

#comingforus

Just imagine Joey B ringing around any old mates he has left in the game... "Yeah I know you haven't played for 2 years, but the chairman hasn't a clue. Name your price and we'll bleed the sucker dry".

• Haha 3

Why are gas heads over  obsessed with new signings . They never spend any money on anyone and yet every year they think Weal is going to splash the cash and bring in lots of top signings , is there a more deluded fan base in the country they are all bonkers.