Jump to content
IGNORED

The Dead of 2022


phantom
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

download.jpeg.7374a8ba698fc61107f2bb557e526136.jpeg

Nichelle Nichols, Lieutenant Uhura on ‘Star Trek,’ Dies at 89

Beam me up Scotty. 😧

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

One of the few black characters on TV when I was growing up who wasn't a "baddie" or a figure of fun. One half of the first inter racial kiss on TV as well. 

And she slipped this hilarious line past the censors of the day.

 

"Sorry, neither!"

😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bristol civil rights activist Roy Hackett, whose work impacted the entirety of the UK, has passed away at the age of 93. Roy, who was awarded an MBE, helped organise the Bristol Bus Boycott of 1963.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
2 hours ago, Super said:

Bristol civil rights activist Roy Hackett, whose work impacted the entirety of the UK, has passed away at the age of 93. Roy, who was awarded an MBE, helped organise the Bristol Bus Boycott of 1963.

Now that is someone who deserves a statue in the centre..

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Now that is someone who deserves a statue in the centre..

....and why not rename the Colston/Beacon as the Hackett Hall.

Especially as it is virtually next door to the old HQ of the Bristol Omnibus Company.

 

  • Like 4
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Judith Durham of The Seekers, aged 79

Very sad news. The Seekers were one of Australias first successful musical exports. Judith was born in Essendon which is very close to Melbourne. Judith was a great singer and complimented by Athol Guy, Bruce and Keith Potger. "never find another you" and "gregory girl" will always stand out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, City oz said:

Very sad news. The Seekers were one of Australias first successful musical exports. Judith was born in Essendon which is very close to Melbourne. Judith was a great singer and complimented by Athol Guy, Bruce and Keith Potger. "never find another you" and "gregory girl" will always stand out

My late father's favourite group. although his favourite song was The Carnival is Over.

By the way, I assume either your spellcheck is playing up or you are confusing one of The Seekers' hits with a great film - it was Georgy Girl. 

 

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's very sad, one of my first crushes was Judith. The majority of female pop stars were like "stick insects" ,but she was all young woman, if you get my drift ! To be truthful, in the mid sixties it wasn't too cool to like this type of music, but later on I appreciated more. My favourit was the Paul Simon, Bruce Woodley penned song "someday ,one day".

RIP Judith

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/08/2022 at 20:34, PHILINFRANCE said:

My late father's favourite group. although his favourite song was The Carnival is Over.

By the way, I assume either your spellcheck is playing up or you are confusing one of The Seekers' hits with a great film - it was Georgy Girl. 

 

reminds me of Ab Fab…:sun:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/08/2022 at 00:52, slartibartfast said:

That's very sad, one of my first crushes was Judith. The majority of female pop stars were like "stick insects" ,but she was all young woman, if you get my drift ! To be truthful, in the mid sixties it wasn't too cool to like this type of music, but later on I appreciated more. My favourit was the Paul Simon, Bruce Woodley penned song "someday ,one day".

RIP Judith

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lamont Dozier, aged 81.

Anybody who followed Tamla Motown in the 60s and 70s would have heard loads of songs written by the fabulous Holland, Dozier, Holland trio.

https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+love+the+supremes&oq=baby+love&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j46i175i199i512j0i512l6j46i512.6433j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:32c324b3,vid:ZAWSiWtUK2s,st:0

 

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Super said:

Author and illustrator Raymond Briggs, who is best known for the 1978 classic The Snowman, has died aged 88.

 

 

The film he made about his parents' life, Ethel & Ernest, is a particular fave in the Robbo household.  Simple, but strangely touching, and if you're in my generation, it's everyone's grandparents' story. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...