IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Joni Mitchell song, wern't it ? 

18 minutes ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Yep, from her 'Blue' album. 

It's probably some sort of sacrilege to say this, but I have just listened to it and I have to say I prefer what Nazareth made of it.

And I speak as someone who likes a lot of female singer songwriters and not the greatest fan of Nazareth.

Edited by Port Said Red

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's probably some sort of sacrilege to say this, but I have just listened to it and I have to say I prefer what Nazareth made of it.

And I speak as someone who likes a lot of female singer songwriters and not the greatest fan of Nazareth.

Agree, one of the covers which is better than the original, Hendrix's ' version of All Along the Watchtower and Joe Cocker's With a Little Help From My Friends spring to mind.

Ouch! That's getting close to home. Arguably the best band to come out of Ireland (you may contend others), one that made the world sit up and take notice in their own way. Fabulous musician and performer, he is going to leave a big hole in the scene.

42 minutes ago, Spoonbed said:

Wilko Johnson gone. 
Gutted, obviously been ill for a few years now, but was still gigging until recently. 
Love watching the footage of him on TOGWT

Saw him when he toured with Roger Daltrey.

"Sorry I'm still alive," he said then. 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I saw Wilko Johnson at Glastonbury in 2015 or 2016. He was utterly brilliant. RIP.

Saw Dr Feelgood at Colston Hall back on the tour that coincided with the release of Down by the Jetty in the 70's.

Feeling very sad.

RIP Wilko

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BigTone said:

Saw Dr Feelgood at Colston Hall back on the tour that coincided with the release of Down by the Jetty in the 70's.

Feeling very sad.

RIP Wilko

I was there too!

I blame that evening, along with a J Geils Band gig at about the same time at the Colston Hall, for the current state of my hearing!

Also saw Dr Feelgood at several London pubs whose names I can’t recall. Amazing nights, amazing band, amazing guitarist. RIP.

• Like 2

Some of us of a certain age will remember Brian Harding, more fondly known as Oscar, who has sadly passed away at the grand old age of 82.

I remember many a game at Eastville, when he would walk around the greyhound track selling his programmes.

He always got a loud cheer when he reached us City fans, with a rousing chant of his name.

https://youtu.be/kTQf7L5KG68

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1