IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

My profile picture is of the Dr Feelgood characiture.

Apparently it was originally drawn  by Wilko.

Met him at the Bierkeller and he kindly signed his Ice On The Motorway cover for me. This was after he had left the Solid Senders and after his tenure with Ian Dury. I asked him how Ian was doing. He said he must phone him. 

That line up featured Lew Lewis on Vocals/harp. A couple of years later he re-united with Norman Watt Roy from the Blockheads.

Sadly, whilst The Feelgoods have been my no1 band (along with Thunder) I never saw John Wilkinson (real name btw) in the line up. I only found the Feelgoods in 1977 after he left. Did see him though with Ian Dury at the Locarno for the Laughter tour.

16696352208286470702771980392691.jpg

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Sadly Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac. 

Very sad indeed. i didn’t realise she was 79. She was a talented musician who had along and success career. I met her couple of times along with the fragile Stevie Nicks :wub: when my sister toured the world with the band in their heyday. We got complementary guest tickets for their concerts and joined them in the post concert ‘parties’ a couple of times.

Christine was lovely to my wife and I bringing us both drinks. Stevie was sober by then but still emotionally fragile. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Very sad indeed. i didn’t realise she was 79. She was a talented musician who had along and success career. I met her couple of times along with the fragile Stevie Nicks :wub: when my sister toured the world with the band in their heyday. We got complementary guest tickets for their concerts and joined them in the post concert ‘parties’ a couple of times.

Christine was lovely to my wife and I bringing us both drinks. Stevie was sober by then but still emotionally fragile. 

Very sad indeed...

I must admit I welled up. My late mum played Songbird on the piano at home when I was younger. This news brought back fond memories.

On a brighter note...your post is probably the coolest thing you've ever posted. You are a lucky man to have met both. ??

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Robbo,

You have to tell us more please.

How come your sister toured with the band?

• Like 1

Just now, spudski said:

Very sad indeed...

I must admit I welled up. My late mum played Songbird on the piano at home when I was younger. This news brought back fond memories.

On a brighter note...your post is probably the coolest thing you've ever posted. You are a lucky man to have met both. ??

I would never have met Fleetwood Mac had my sister not worked for them as a nanny. The post concerts parties were unreal to an ordinary guy and his wife. We both felt a little bewildered by everything and it was Stevie Nicks who saw us standing alone who came over with Christine just after with two glasses of wine. 

Stevie asked what we did and when I told that I was an addiction counsellor she was immediately interested but it didn’t take long for me to see just how emotionally vulnerable she was. I wanted to give her a reassuring hug - obviously I didn’t!

That must be something like 40 odd years ago. My daughter was born in ‘85 and it was before she was born.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I would never have met Fleetwood Mac had my sister not worked for them as a nanny. The post concerts parties were unreal to an ordinary guy and his wife. We both felt a little bewildered by everything and it was Stevie Nicks who saw us standing alone who came over with Christine just after with two glasses of wine. 

Stevie asked what we did and when I told that I was an addiction counsellor she was immediately interested but it didn’t take long for me to see just how emotionally vulnerable she was. I wanted to give her a reassuring hug - obviously I didn’t!

That must be something like 40 odd years ago. My daughter was born in ‘85 and it was before she was born.

Thanks for sharing Robbo. I can imagine the after show party's were fun. 

Cool that they both took the time to make you feel welcome and comfortable.

12 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Robbo,

You have to tell us more please.

How come your sister toured with the band?

She was originally the nanny to Mick Fleetwood sister Sally and they became good friends and that’s how she met Mick. Based on Sally’s glowing appraisal of my sister he asked her if she’d like to join him and the band as a full time nanny when they next went on tour - not an offer she could refuse!

Consequently she did a world tour with band and would send me letters and postcards from all over the world. She has loads of stories about those years, especially the roadies who got upto all sorts of wild antics. She had a fling with one of them and he gave ‘tips’ on how to fiddle the credit card company…….she still has a very very expensive pair of Italian leather cowboy boots that she bought in Milan and never paid a penny for them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

I feel really sad now. I've been listening to early Mac albums before Buckingham and Nicks joined for a couple of years now and she wrote some great songs on those. They get forgotten though due to the super stardom which followed from the White album, then Rumours. Must be up there with the greatest British Songwriters. ?

The last survivor of the World War Two Dambusters has died at the age of 101.

Sq Ldr George "Johnny" Johnson, was a bomb-aimer in the 617 Squadron, which destroyed key dams in Germany's industrial heartland during World War Two.

His family said he died peacefully in his sleep on Wednesday

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1