IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Very sad news. An extremely funny man who never failed to cut right through to the heart of pomposity and show it up for what it was. I honestly can`t recall anything he was in (and there was a lot) that I didn`t enjoy and didn`t make me laugh out loud.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

His double act with John Fortune on Rory Bremner Show was a thing of satirical beauty. As valid today as it ever was.

Somewhat topical at present, but I recall one sketch where the two Johns were discussing efficiency (or the lack thereof) in the NHS and the pressure they were under to speed up admissions speed and the length of time patients actually spent in the hospital before being discharged.

One of the two (I can't remember which one, but am pretty sure it was JB) suggested disparagingly that the way things were going, i.e. with the emphasis being more on 'efficiency' than actual treatment, then, in order to improve the figures and please the 'bosses', they might just as well admit patients, register them and just wheel them straight through the hospital and out the other side to be discharged, without even bothering to treat them.

The other John (JF?), stares in to the distance and turns to JB, pensively, saying, that's an interesting idea, can you just run that through me again?

33 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Then you missed out on one hell of a lot.

My son was really into it and I was exposed to plenty of punk music. He played it virtually all the time which meant I wasn’t able to avoid it. Some of it was decent, like the Clash but most of it wasn’t to my taste.

As a teenager I was into the Blues, reggae and Motown and as a student got into various other stuff but punk wasn’t one of them

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

He was a big Abba fan

Hey…don’t knock them! 

Funnily enough, Bjorn Ulvaeus was the guest editor on Today on R4 yesterday morning, which included the coverage of Vivienne Westwoods death. There was lots about her role as the ‘godmother of punk’ and a long interview with the bass player from the Sex Pistols, and it was like a mutual appreciation society between Abba and the Sex Pistols! 

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Hey…don’t knock them! 

Funnily enough, Bjorn Ulvaeus was the guest editor on Today on R4 yesterday morning, which included the coverage of Vivienne Westwoods death. There was lots about her role as the ‘godmother of punk’ and a long interview with the bass player from the Sex Pistols, and it was like a mutual appreciation society between Abba and the Sex Pistols! 

Really ? Mamma Mia !!

• Haha 1