IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

13 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

For younger viewers: https://youtu.be/YaqQoQ1rBH4

The muddy pitch actually helped him, the ball just stopped and begged to be hit.

9 hours ago, TomF said:

Although this is where slightly everyone forgets that he scored the equaliser not the winner! 

Ricky George? The lower league George Best...

Edited by Port Said Red

Aaron Carter. 

Singer in his own right but known as younger bother of backstreet boy nick Carter. 

Died aged 34. 

This absolute belter from back in the day. 

Aaron Carter. 

Singer in his own right but known as younger bother of backstreet boy nick Carter. 

Died aged 34. 

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Aaron Carter. 

Died aged 34. 

Aaron Carter. 

Died aged 34. 

No idea why it's done it twice

9 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Nor me! Was he a relation of the Carter/Johnny Cash dynasty?

Was the brother of one of Backstreet Boys (Nick Carter), he released a hideous version of 'Surfin' USA' which must rank as one of the worst cover versions ever committed to tape, but nonetheless no age to pass away

• Thanks 1

A friend of mine posted a touching tribute to Aaron Carter. For background, around 20 years ago he went to Japan with a friend of his. The friend got really homesick and just disappeared one day, leaving a note saying he was going home.

So my mate was stuck in Tokyo alone for a week as he didn't want to leave early.

His tribute:

Aaron Carter died. I can't believe it.

The Japanese girl I hooked up with in Tokyo after Lewis left only agree to go for a drink with me coz I had the same name as Aaron Carter, and she loved him. Like REALLY loved him, her room was covered in posters of him.

Anyway, cheers for getting me laid AC. RIP.

• Haha 3

On 06/11/2022 at 17:39, TomF said:

Mimi Parker of the band, Low.  Wonderful band, big loss 

Very sad. Was due to see them for the first time this month in Bath, but obviously they cancelled the tour a while back due to Mimi's ongoing treatment. Such an awesome band still producing great music so late in their careers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Very sad. Was due to see them for the first time this month in Bath, but obviously they cancelled the tour a while back due to Mimi's ongoing treatment. Such an awesome band still producing great music so late in their careers. 

Fantastic band

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It gets played on "That's TV" as part of their "That's 70's Best Music" section. I just caught it one day and it's now on my play list.

Thats where I picked up on it also.  So much so I went and bought a greatest hits cd which I'm playing in the car.

• Like 2