IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

(Thursday to Saturday night...)

A "The dead of... insert year" record? Possibly.

Not wanting to curse things, but things have been pretty quiet on here for a while now.

No flack pleae, I'm getting on, you start getting a morbid fascination with all things death when you get to my age.

It's natural.

Edited by AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Bill Turnbull loses his battle with cancer. :(

BBC News - Bill Turnbull: Former BBC Breakfast presenter dies aged 66

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62714293

Was watching BBC Breakfast this morning and the news alert hit when they were on another story. Went back to Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty who had to give the news on air. Visibly, demonstrably devastated. I know they’re trained to keep composure, but imagine being told about the death of a close colleague and then having to straight away do that. Clear he meant the world to them and can’t find anyone with a bad word to say about him.

One of the good guys. RIP x

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Was watching BBC Breakfast this morning and the news alert hit when they were on another story. Went back to Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty who had to give the news on air. Visibly, demonstrably devastated. I know they’re trained to keep composure, but imagine being told about the death of a close colleague and then having to straight away do that. Clear he meant the world to them and can’t find anyone with a bad word to say about him.

One of the good guys. RIP x

On Radio 4 today Nick Robinson was really struggling to keep his composure as he talked about what a true friend and superb journalist Bill Turnbull was. RIP.

• Like 2

Very sad news. He was a passionate beekeeper for those that weren`t aware and had fought hard to stop pesticides being used. If you get a chance to see the BBC documentary he made a few years back, do so it is excellent. Every chance it will be repeated shortly on BBC Four or something given today`s news.

RIP Mr Turnbull.

• Like 3

ACTRESS Gwyneth Powell, who appeared in the BBC series Grange Hill, has died at the age of 76, her agent has said.

Powell was best known for playing headmistress Bridget McClusky between 1981 and 1991 and also appeared in Channel 4 comedy show Man Down.

• Sad 2