IGNORED

The Dead of 2022

phantom

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Dame Hilary Mantel author. 70.

Wolf Hall is probably her best known work, although I have read 3 of her books and they are all excellent.

Very sad news. Fair play to you for ploughing through three of her tomes, I am a mere philistine in this I am afraid and only know her via the visual arts and the fine BBC dramatisation of Wolf Hall with Mark Rylance, which I found absolutely captivating and have watched a few times, and consequently often think about buying the trilogy (then get put off by the sheer number of pages. And all the hours on Otib trying to read this would deny me).

I might go and see it at the theatre, mind, that's a bit more Cotterill than watching it on the telly, isn't it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Dame Hilary Mantel author. 70.

Wolf Hall is probably her best known work, although I have read 3 of her books and they are all excellent.

That’s a shock - I wasn’t much taken by her recent historical stuff but “Beyond Black” was remarkable. I must scour Oxfams for a few more. 

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Might celebrate his life this evening by knocking together something from his cookbook.

No idea why I have a copy of it, neither the Doris or me know where it came from.

20220929_080743.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Gangstas Paradise was great. I always thought C U When U Get There was too quickly forgotten, it's a great song.

RIP Coolio.

Rap / Hip Hop etc.. really isn't my thing.

But Fantastic Voyage is just that, "fantastic" IMO

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 3

Angela Lansbury was, of course, a very fine actress, about whom I first became aware many years ago in the Murder she Wrote series.

For some reason, however, the film for which I remember her is Bedknobs and Broomsticks, that wondrous movie with the animals football match.

Even more to my feeling of embarrassment, is that I felt sure that I read she had died several weeks ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Angela Lansbury was, of course, a very fine actress, about whom I first became aware many years ago in the Murder she Wrote series.

For some reason, however, the film for which I remember her is Bedknobs and Broomsticks, that wondrous movie with the animals football match.

Even more to my feeling of embarrassment, is that I felt sure that I read she had died several weeks ago.

There will be plenty of unsolved murders in America from now on.

RIP Angela

• Like 1