IGNORED

Nige must be really frustrated….

Robbored

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It has to be looked in context - remember he took over a shambles of a club with unfit players. Plus he’s been seriously hampered by injuries to experienced players all season 

The shambles of a club with unfit players managed by a novice.......managed to achieve a_'ç:'''' win ratio  twice as good as Nige has managed.

Holden 44% 

Nige 25%

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's managing AT Conference level, not below. The team that narrowly lost the Conference play-off last season.

Do check before you make these assertions. 

Why should I check anything to do with GJ? - he’s at his right level as I predicted all those years ago.

8 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

NP is going to have to have a truly spectacular summer in the transfer market, that's for sure. I don't envy him. 

And the likely case is that we will have an incredibly tough summer in the transfer market.  I don’t think many fans have got their heads around that…yet.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

And the likely case is that we will have an incredibly tough summer in the transfer market.  I don’t think many fans have got their heads around that…yet.

I don't think they have Dave. The magnitude of the problem is immense. He needs to be able to get rid of players who have long-term injury problems, serial under achievers etc, and bring in players within the financial constraints. 

I'm afraid that, as I've said before, SL could and perhaps should have done the obvious, when he had the chance, of simply buying BCFC into the Premier League. That was very much the trend in football at the time that he became owner - and one that I suspect most of us were anticipating he'd mimic. 

Those days are gone now, so it will have to be done the hard way - which given our history, does not bode well.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If that's the case Dave with the chance that one or two of our young players leaving, then next season is already looking grim.

Maybe a couple or three sides that will be worse than us, but not something to look forward to.

The thought of a dour relegation fight season after season then the drop is so depressing. 

After all these years tho playing at a level where we can at least compete play decent football and win as many as we loose has an appeal .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

If that's the case Dave with the chance that one or two of our young players leaving, then next season is already looking grim.

Maybe a couple or three sides that will be worse than us, but not something to look forward to.

The thought of a dour relegation fight season after season then the drop is so depressing. 

After all these years tho playing at a level where we can at least compete play decent football and win as many as we loose has an appeal .

It is the reality of mis-management over a number of years.

Really not sure how it’s gonna go over the summer.  But I’d rather try to reset in the Championship than in League One.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It is the reality of mis-management over a number of years.

Really not sure how it’s gonna go over the summer.  But I’d rather try to reset in the Championship than in League One.  

Correct, people think if Pearson leaves we suddenly become a better team - we may get a bounce but these performances have been here for a number of seasons now. 
The club has been mis managed from the very top for a number of years now IMO - we’ve given good contracts to average players and therefore it’s a struggle to move them on. The Lansdowns have taken their eyes off the pitch and we’re now in this mess. It may be old news but why did the club let that number of players end their contracts , what activity did we do to try and get some money in, considering our losses anything brought in by selling these players (however small would have reduced our debt). 
The club has to look at its pricing next season, we’re in a period where utilities / food etc are all going up the club can’t charge £40 to go to see football as a walk in, especially to watch poor performances. 
We face a huge summer, if we get it wrong we’re relegated but with no money to spend and having to sell to buy it’s going to be difficult. As you say some don’t seem to get it or want to, we had people saying the club was going to buy six new players in January!!

I personally don’t think Pearson will be here next season, something wrong with our club and it’s difficult times ahead. Despite those calling for  him to leave there’s no suggestion of a replacement 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, CodeRed said:

The shambles of a club with unfit players managed by a novice.......managed to achieve a_'ç:'''' win ratio  twice as good as Nige has managed.

Holden 44% 

Nige 25%

The scary thing is i think the trio of Holden and the other two numpties he had as assistants actually had us slightly more organised at the back..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

What!? GJ holding his hand up and taking the blame……….…:rofl2br:

He called players out - that’s why he’s managing below conference level these days.

Well,,,so whats it like being on the wrong end of a rollocking from GJ??... ?

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

I agree,,very dour and can lower your mood for sure...and all thanks to Steve for allowing junior to 'oversee,,acting with great naivety,,nigh on childish decision making for a man of his calibre & completely taking his eye off of the ball in the process - something we shouldn't lose sight of now were 'paying the price.

He's the one wot done it.

Whomever our manager is(currently of course Nigel)will be tasked with what is a root & branch overhaul,,requiring the constitution of an ox....so we as supporters need to be mindful of what it is we wish for & that short termism',,in mind & action won't cut the mustard - however,resetting in league one is not I feel a sensible option.

Christ,,its a mess but we need to hold our nerve & keep our chins up.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Has he?  I don’t recall him throwing any player under the bus.

It has to be looked in context - remember he took over a shambles of a club with unfit players. Plus he’s been seriously hampered by injuries to experienced players all season 

But we still should be doing better than we are! It’s one thing to lose, but it’s the way we continue to lose, the tactics, team selection, etc etc, 

8 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Don’t forget this is a three year plan ….

Year One - Survive - ✔️(Hopefully)

Year Two - improve ????

Year Three - ………..

More like:

Year One - Survive - (done)

Year Two - More cuts and somehow still survive. (Pipe dream)

Year Three - improve. (Probably in league 1)

• Hmmm 1

9 hours ago, Gilli74 said:

Yet he brought in Baker, Tanner, Atkinson, Simpson, Klose … all defenders all his choice and we are still shocking 

Under tight financial restrictions.

Baker has a serious injury no one could foresee (not accepting his injury record, he had one bad season other than that his availability was at least 30+ games every year)

Tanner, likewise injured

Atkinson, not necessarily expected to become a regular starter? Injuries too but looked good before that.

Simpson is a strange one.

Klose has looked pretty good.

How many of those would have been his preferred option if money was no object?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I think he’ll walk at the end of the season .

Of course he won’t.

Everyone needs to realise he’s working here because he wants a wage.

No manager walks away from another 2 years contract voluntarily unless they are already rich - I very much doubt he is in this category, or he wouldn’t be here in the first place (it’s not for love) and his spell here will have tarnished his chance anywhere else.

9 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:
Edited by Dullmoan Tone

7 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

That's what we are already

Since we've been back at this level we've won 108 and lost 130, LJ has us winning more than we lost and that wasn't good enough.

We avoided defeat only 21 times last season, we've already managed 27 if you look at that way. Too many sloppy points thrown away

2 hours ago, daored said:

Correct, people think if Pearson leaves we suddenly become a better team - we may get a bounce but these performances have been here for a number of seasons now. 
The club has been mis managed from the very top for a number of years now IMO - we’ve given good contracts to average players and therefore it’s a struggle to move them on. The Lansdowns have taken their eyes off the pitch and we’re now in this mess. It may be old news but why did the club let that number of players end their contracts , what activity did we do to try and get some money in, considering our losses anything brought in by selling these players (however small would have reduced our debt). 
The club has to look at its pricing next season, we’re in a period where utilities / food etc are all going up the club can’t charge £40 to go to see football as a walk in, especially to watch poor performances. 
We face a huge summer, if we get it wrong we’re relegated but with no money to spend and having to sell to buy it’s going to be difficult. As you say some don’t seem to get it or want to, we had people saying the club was going to buy six new players in January!!

I personally don’t think Pearson will be here next season, something wrong with our club and it’s difficult times ahead. Despite those calling for  him to leave there’s no suggestion of a replacement 

Good post.

For those who want Pearson gone (ignoring any pay-off for the mo’), the common theme is they want a younger, less experienced manager.  Playing Devil’s advocate, why is that the manager type you want?

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

I agree,,very dour and can lower your mood for sure...and all thanks to Steve for allowing junior to 'oversee,,acting with great naivety,,nigh on childish decision making for a man of his calibre & completely taking his eye off of the ball in the process - something we shouldn't lose sight of now were 'paying the price.

He's the one wot done it.

Whomever our manager is(currently of course Nigel)will be tasked with what is a root & branch overhaul,,requiring the constitution of an ox....so we as supporters need to be mindful of what it is we wish for & that short termism',,in mind & action won't cut the mustard - however,resetting in league one is not I feel a sensible option.

Christ,,its a mess but we need to hold our nerve & keep our chins up.

Which is what we are part way through at the mo’.  Do we start that again?  And again? And again?

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

More like:

Year One - Survive - (done)

Year Two - More cuts and somehow still survive. (Pipe dream)

Year Three - improve. (Probably in league 1)

How do you get to year 3 in league 1 if in year 2 we survive?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mossey said:

But we still should be doing better than we are! It’s one thing to lose, but it’s the way we continue to lose, the tactics, team selection, etc etc, 

As I posted earlier we need to put it in context - Remember that Nige has been hamstrung all season with injuries to his most experienced players - Baker is one, King, Tanner and James have all been missing for lengthy periods. For much of this season he’s been unable to select his best 11. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I think he’ll walk at the end of the season . What’s he realistically gonna achieve here with the financial restraints from the club being ran so poorly for years . I think anyone who takes the managers job under the current ownership is set up to fail.

I think considering his health issues as well it really wouldn't be a shock if he did.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Has he?  I don’t recall him throwing any player under the bus.

The same could be argued for GJ.  If LJ hadn't picked up a bad injury we wouldn't have needed the play-offs to get promotion.  As it was, as soon as LJ was out of the team, Marv was largely ineffective, so it was like losing two players at a crucial point of the season.  (Unless time is playing silly bollocks on my memory and I'm getting the season wrong!)

10 hours ago, bristol red said:

It’s shite. We will lose our best players the end of season, get a points reductions and then get relegated next season. Dont  waste you well earned cash watching the shite!  Oh and I’ve been been watching city for over 40 years. I give up!

Won't we avoid sanctions if we lose our best players due to the money we receive in for them?  Potentially far more than we need to be stable in terms of FFP and therefore allow us some wriggle room to strengthen?  It's also a hope that Webster gets a big move, and possibly Brownhill too if Burnley go down.  He's been getting rave reviews for his performances this season, hasn't he?  Both being sold for a healthy sum would see us get a windfall.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good post.

For those who want Pearson gone (ignoring any pay-off for the mo’), the common theme is they want a younger, less experienced manager.  Playing Devil’s advocate, why is that the manager type you want?

Which is what we are part way through at the mo’.  Do we start that again?  And again? And again?

How do you get to year 3 in league 1 if in year 2 we survive?

It was mentioned a week or or so back by @headhunterwe could pay him monthly as we did with Johnson (apparently). If we pay Pearson off monthly it reduces our budget to both bring in a new manager and also improve the squad. If we’ve only got £10 a month and Pearson is due £6 then it means we can only pay £4 to a new manager / coaching staff. Financially we’re in a right old mess , we’ve got players in the squad on good wages who aren’t being selected and we can’t move on. 

Just now, Steve Watts said:

The same could be argued for GJ.  If LJ hadn't picked up a bad injury we wouldn't have needed the play-offs to get promotion.  As it was, as soon as LJ was out of the team, Marv was largely ineffective, so it was like losing two players at a crucial point of the season.  (Unless time is playing silly bollocks on my memory and I'm getting the season wrong!)

That’s an excellent wind up Steve…………:cool2:

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s an excellent wind up Steve…………:cool2:

In what way? LJ acted as a good foil for Marvs deficiency - i.e. his inability to make a pass of more than 5 yards.  LJ got injured against Watford and the form after that is stark.  All we needed was to hold on for the win against Stoke after leading at half time and we'd have finished 2nd.  Or if we'd won just two of the matches we lost we'd be looking at the same.  It was fine margins that season, but it derailed when LJ was out of the team.

image.png.3ca4520bde1963acdb77a794111f1a52.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

In what way? LJ acted as a good foil for Marvs deficiency - i.e. his inability to make a pass of more than 5 yards.  LJ got injured against Watford and the form after that is stark.  All we needed was to hold on for the win against Stoke after leading at half time and we'd have finished 2nd.  Or if we'd won just two of the matches we lost we'd be looking at the same.  It was fine margins that season, but it derailed when LJ was out of the team.

image.png.3ca4520bde1963acdb77a794111f1a52.png

Good post. Age plays tricks on the older mind!

• Haha 1