IGNORED

Might Pearson walk?

SecretSam

Just now, billywedlock said:

We need at least one person at the club who is up for the battle . He won’t walk . We have too many rolling around on the floor already . The club is a mess and it needs people who will and can change us from such a weak set up . He needs 3 years , then we might have the basis for a change . Right now we are in turmoil and it needs careful navigation and people with some backbone . 

I agree, we need someone to battle through. I appreciate this season was always going to be a struggle, but there seem to be precious few signs of light.

40 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Maybe, who knows. It's all getting a bit weird tbh

Weird is absolutely the word for it.

Listened to him on RB. He talks about 'them' and 'the club' as if he's not part of it.

He's been here over a year - pretty much the average tenure of a Championship manager. You cant go on blaming everyone else for ever.

Who are the 'they' he's so critical of? The Chairman. Brian Tannin and the U23 staff. That's the implication - as well as the players. Not going to do much for morale.

All very odd

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 2

He couldnt really be any further opposite to what i think SL prefers in his managers. 
Hes got attitude and with todays comments about us being easy ( easy is my thoughts on soft, easy, nice BCFC too ), hes probably wound SL right up the wrong way.Said it many a time that pro football is cut throat, aggressive, demanding. We are not cut out within the club culture to manage any of these attributes. Far too easy at BCFC.

I wouldnt be surprised if NP is on gardening leave during the summer as SL’s toys may be well and truely out of his pram now that his club has been questioned by his manager. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

We need at least one person at the club who is up for the battle . He won’t walk . We have too many rolling around on the floor already . The club is a mess and it needs people who will and can change us from such a weak set up . He needs 3 years , then we might have the basis for a change . Right now we are in turmoil and it needs careful navigation and people with some backbone . 

I’m out of likes, but not for the first time you’re spot on IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Similar to Joe Root with the test team, you’d question his sanity if he wanted to stay in position to be honest.

I'd question his sanity iv he walked. Its very rare for a manager to walk mainly because of the compensation they will get when sacked.

If he walks he gets nothing - if he stays and things don't improve he gets sacked with pay off - if he stays and improves things he'll get an improved contract extension.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nickolas said:

He couldnt really be any further opposite to what i think SL prefers in his managers. 
Hes got attitude and with todays comments about us being easy ( easy is my thoughts on soft, easy, nice BCFC too ), hes probably wound SL right up the wrong way.Said it many a time that pro football is cut throat, aggressive, demanding. We are not cut out within the club culture to manage any of these attributes. Far too easy at BCFC.

I wouldnt be surprised if NP is on gardening leave during the summer as SL’s toys may be well and truely out of his pram now that his club has been questioned by his manager. 

You are aware he has been bombed out of several other clubs for this exact type of behaviour, right ?

20 minutes ago, nickolas said:

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Unfortunately @nickolas is right. The last “tough” manger we had was Cotts, and what happened? I hope @billywedlock is correct and he stays. If he goes we’ll get another manager who isn’t ready to challenge SL, and that means one thing. IMO, it’s league 1 next season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

He did bring the culture of the club into question today!But he is right! SL just wants everything and everyone to be nicey-nicey,and this is our last chance under Pearson,we need to back him.Get rid of all the deadwood,kick ass,otherwise we will soon be back in div 1.

Spot on…..give him the tools, just as our former CEO and LJ had and we will be just fine under Nige ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I agree, we need someone to battle through. I appreciate this season was always going to be a struggle, but there seem to be precious few signs of light.

I agree, surprised despite all the issues how little identity we have under such an experience manager, bar the obvious progress and exciting progress by some young players, the lack of plan and formation and strategy is poor ..not sure if I'm bothered if he goes or stays ...

52 minutes ago, Waconda said:

You are aware he has been bombed out of several other clubs for this exact type of behaviour, right ?

Yes. And its behaviours our shitshow of a soft football club needs to create an outfit fit for the rigours of pro football. 

Edited by nickolas
  • Like 1

I said the same when people wanted LJ out. What’s the alternative? It could get much worse!

Right now, I don’t see how we’d possibly bring anyone better in with all these issues and money problems. 

At least NP is here and knows what’s wrong, he’s working towards fixing it and luckily he still seems up for the fight.

I think he senses the daggers are out though with that comment today about getting rid of him and the problems will still exist.

He needs the time to fix this. I can’t see anyone else doing it, no one with any sanity or reputation in the game would touch us right now IMO

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I said the same when people wanted LJ out. What’s the alternative? It could get much worse!

Right now, I don’t see how we’d possibly bring anyone better in with all these issues and money problems. 

At least NP is here and knows what’s wrong, he’s working towards fixing it and luckily he still seems up for the fight.

I think he senses the daggers are out though with that comment today about getting rid of him and the problems will still exist.

He needs the time to fix this. I can’t see anyone else doing it, no one with any sanity or reputation in the game would touch us right now IMO

I disagree, I think that his time with us shows that he has lost his 'mojo' - and that can happen to managers.

Yes he was a good manager a few years back, but that appears to have gone. 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

My feeling is that we are at a crossroads right now. 

I think SL (or whoever) may have made the wrong appointment, and that’s in no way being critical of NP.  We all know that there the styles of play, personalities, strategic approaches that managers adopt at a club can vary enormously. The risk is that when you change managers you end up having to change everything about the club - and that takes time.
SL did that in the past and said  he’d recognised that was a mistake and that he wouldn’t do it again. But he then didn’t seem to be able to think of an option beyond the internal appointment (Holden) to achieve it. And when that failed he reverted to type and just went for a change. He didn’t do what clubs like Brentford and Swansea have done and gone for an external appointment but one who’d absolutely buy into the existing strategy. 

NP talks about the culture and the softness and the weak approach of recent years, but it’s a culture and an approach that saw us finish in the top half of the table three years running. It’s not fundamentally flawed, it’s just an approach, a culture, that’s diametrically opposed to NPs view of the game.

You’re right that he needs time to ‘fix it’, in the sense that fix means ingrain the completely different approach a culture that he sees as the right one. That’s going to involve a complete change of personnel, including potentially a complete overhaul of the academy approach too. 

My worry is that he just won’t get that time. I really can’t see (and NP said as much in the week) that we’re going to be able to afford to change much in the summer. And if we start next season with NP in charge of what’s essentially the same squad as we have now then we will be heading for relegation. I don’t think SL will countenance relegation as part of the long term plan to overhaul the club. So mid next season we risk being back in the search for another new manager and no real sense of direction in the club. 

I’m torn now between what you say, give him the time to do what he has to do (and that’s my instinctive approach every time - including like you with LJ) and a feeling that now is the time to cut and run. I’ve no idea who, or who’d come mind you! 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1