IGNORED

Player of the Season

cidercity1987

Email received this morning.

A very difficult one this year? Many of our players have been in and out of the team through injury and loss of form.

At one time I was thinking Vyner or Wells but perhaps not anymore

Has Scott done enough with his obvious talent to win the award?

Champagne moment

Bell at Swansea?

Scott's skills to Wells to Bell at Preston?

Our first penalty in years?

Dominating away to Blackburn?

On reflection I am going for

Scott POTY

Conway Young Player

Scott v Preston Champagne moment

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Voted Scott for player of the season and young player. Probably won’t be able to vote for him again after this season, so he had my votes. 

Same here. Let's enjoy him while we can.

Voted for Martin Amos for supporter of the year. He's having a really rough time but his love for the City never wanes.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Robin 4

1 minute ago, Super said:

I went for Vyner and Scott. 

On a sidenote would it not be better to do the men's and women's separate? I expect lots may not have heard of a lot of the players and might randomly pick one.

You can click past the questions without answering

I think last year we had to answer the womens questions to move forward which seemed a little unfair on their players as I know nothing about them

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

You can click past the questions without answering

I think last year we had to answer the womens questions to move forward which seemed a little unfair on their players as I know nothing about them

Yes you can but some might just randomly pick one.

I'm a little different in that I'd say Pring for player of the season, he's come in and made left back his position, been outstanding both in attack and defence and has even covered at center back due to the injuries. I honestly think without him this season we'd be in a far worse position. His consistency has been brilliant too, I mean whilst most players have had bad patches he's at the very least put in good performances and I think he's become so reliable that he's held to a higher standard now. 

Scott is obviously the most talented player, that's not even a discussion we need to have and although he's been outstanding recently he has had a few patches where he's not held up to his own high standards hence I think Pring deserves it as he's been more consistent over the season. 

Vyner is still making mistakes and although people have taken to him more due to his vast improvement I still think people give him too much praise because of how bad he was at one point, I still think he makes too many bad choices but he's the best fit center back we have so he's going to play every game but certainly not player of the season in my eyes. 

• Like 17
  • Flames 2

Just now, Spike said:

I'm a little different in that I'd say Pring for player of the season, he's come in and made left back his position, been outstanding both in attack and defence and has even covered at center back due to the injuries. I honestly think without him this season we'd be in a far worse position. His consistency has been brilliant too, I mean whilst most players have had bad patches he's at the very least put in good performances and I think he's become so reliable that he's held to a higher standard now. 

Scott is obviously the most talented player, that's not even a discussion we need to have and although he's been outstanding recently he has had a few patches where he's not held up to his own high standards hence I think Pring deserves it as he's been more consistent over the season. 

Vyner is still making mistakes and although people have taken to him more due to his vast improvement I still think people give him too much praise because of how bad he was at one point, I still think he makes too many bad choices but he's the best fit center back we have so he's going to play every game but certainly not player of the season in my eyes. 

Good shout all round.

9 minutes ago, Antman said:

Matty James

he has quietly held the MF together and done an amazing job. we have missed him horribly these last two games.

Scott of course is a delight to watch, and Vyner and pring have both come on in leaps and bounds (thank god)

He's only a 6/10 though

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Champagne moment contenders for me 

Actually getting a penalty

Conway vs Cardiff 

Bell vs Swansea 

Went for the first of these, it was the most memorable moment for me.

POTY has to be between Scott & Vyner, no one else has started enough games.

Can see a case for either but went for Zak based on his improvement whilst Alex has been excellent as well.

Thank you @cidercity1987 for starting this thread - beat me to it! ?

Thanks to everyone who has voted already.
Voting closes Monday 27/03/2023 at midnight.
And yes, if you're a men's team fan that doesn't follow the women's team, you can skip those particular votes.
Same for any women's team fans that may not follow the men's team...

Link to vote: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/POYVOTE2023
More details:
https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/end-of-season-awards-2022-23-vote-now/
End-of-Season-2022-23-Awards.png

I'm prepared for some criticism here, but I went for Mark Sykes for POTY.

As a new signing he started the season strongly despite playing in a position unfamiliar to him. I watched him live in our August game home to Sunderland and his desire to get forward, running ability, and tenacity impressed me.

Like our whole squad he's had some ups and downs but he's currently our highest scoring non-striker (if we count Weimann as a striker), and is only narrowly behind Weimann, Conway and Semenyo.

He's been shifted around, played different roles, but has improved through the season and he's never stopped running. He's been included in almost all squads and has played a role in most games. Of outfield players he's got the 4th highest number of league minutes.

It's been a really, really impressive debut season and I think he deserves recognition.

Scott for YPOTY.

Dasilva winning a pen for champagne.

• Like 4

Well, I think all the players in contention have been covered. I think Cam Pring & Zak Vyner have have much better seasons than we expected them to have. Tommy Conway looks an exciting prospect, and if he hadn't been sidelined would have probably earned a YPOTY vote at least. And then there's James and Scott in the midfield. If Scott deserves a YPOTY vote, because, er, best 19 year old perm player I've seen, then I've possibly got 4 players I could give the main vote to. But then should Scott get the main vote ...

Right, can I take this to anyone for a decision?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

As a new signing he started the season strongly despite playing in a position unfamiliar to him. I watched him live in our August game home to Sunderland and his desire to get forward, running ability, and tenacity impressed me.

Like our whole squad he's had some ups and downs but he's currently our highest scoring non-striker (if we count Weimann as a striker), and is only narrowly behind Weimann, Conway and Semenyo.

He's been shifted around, played different roles, but has improved through the season and he's never stopped running. He's been included in almost all squads and has played a role in most games. Of outfield players he's got the 4th highest number of league minutes.

It's been a really, really impressive debut season and I think he deserves recognition.

Scott for YPOTY.

Actually, good shout with Sykes. Certainly offensively. I'm not sure I'm convinced by his defensive capability (especially when playing further forward) but, er, I'm going to think about him now as well.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Scott for YPOTY.

It's your vote so no criticism. It's not that bad a shout anyway he's had a decent season.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Same here. Let's enjoy him while we can.

Voted for Martin Amos for supporter of the year. He's having a really rough time but his love for the City never wanes.

Vyner

Scott

Ffion Morgan

No Champagne moments stand out for me this season

Martin Amos - Battling back after having horrific Cancer treatment this season, though continuing to support City

• Like 3