IGNORED

Legendary City Fans

Wurzel City

Guest DrFaustus

Going by the venom of posts on here 80% need not apply.

Where is there any venom in this thread? You may not like what used to happen/still happens, but those people are still City fans. Same nonsense happens on our playground....people accuse the boys and girls who like other entertainment of not being fans. Big joke really as they tend to go all over the country.

Where is there any venom in this thread? You may not like what used to happen/still happens, but those people are still City fans. Same nonsense happens on our playground....people accuse the boys and girls who like other entertainment of not being fans. Big joke really as they tend to go all over the country.

Who was referring to this thread ?

I remember Winnie as a party trick eat worms and stand on his head and yam sing a pint awesome that was many years ago at the Jolly Cobbler.

Oh Happy Days!!

I remember on a van back from Peterborough about eight years ago, after Winnie had drank all of his merrydown cider he proceded to recycle it and drink it all over again!

Neil was on the City books (if I'm right) got beat up badly, by bouncers at the lacarno. head went after this. Remember going to some away match in a transit, and stopping on the hard shoulder for him to get some dinner, Worms!!

You're spot on Brian, all the above is correct, he's a good mate of mine, and a good lad.

Blackjack, Blackpool away circa '72, ran from the side into the Tower End, took 5 coppers to hold 'I'm! Classic

Talking of graffitti, the one that was everywhere in the 60searly 70's was.."Matt of Bolton" anyone remember that?

Mid to late 70's, 'Paul Brown, City' was everywhere around the City centre for years and no new hoarding was safe.

Common enough name, i've known 2 of them but neither admitted to it, in fact one was a gashead.

Anyone agreeing with this little list -

Tony Harling

Beanie

Stoney Garnett

:city:

THE ONE AND ONLY "ANGUS NUTT", NOW THAT IS A LEGEND.

OTHERS, ALI WRIGHT, JASPER, HOGGER, THE CALDERS, AND ON AND ON AND ON.......

Beanie, stoney and angus are yeah good lads as are the rest of the names mentioned :)

dunno if Tony Harling is still about, he could chant for England he could.

How about old Herbie, Farmer, Asian Mark, Walters & Mario. Legends of the new & not so new.

Angus & Jasper are top blokes, good to chat to & real gentleman.

farmer as in stoneys boy? good lad he is...

yep good lads and mario top lad :):):)

angus & jasper yep agreed :)

Blackjack, Blackpool away circa '72, ran from the side into the Tower End, took 5 coppers to hold 'I'm! Classic

Yep, that was November 72. I was (innocently) stood next to BJ when a brick was thrown at us. He returned it to it's owner before running after it. He got three months, the Blackpool fan had been stood next to a Copper and got away with it! :@

Getting off subject, that was the season we won 8 away games before our first home win! We lost 3-0 @ B'pool though and the coach broke down in both directions. :@

Surprised my Dad isn't mentioned here.

I know I'm going to regret this as we shouldn't be encouraging you, but do any of us know your father?

Scooter Red

Guest The Codfather 0312

I know I'm going to regret this as we shouldn't be encouraging you, but do any of us know your father?

Scooter Red

Would be very surprised if some hadn't heard of him.

Guest The Codfather 0312

:laugh: Used to have a right laugh with those two when Tuba and his mum ran the horseshoes...

QUOTE(The Codfather 0312 @ Jan 5 2006, 3:07 PM)

Surprised my Dad isn't mentioned here.

Why don't you just say who he is rather than post whoring?

Sorry, Ken Britton.

I still see Ronnie walking through Bemmy all the time with his missus..Can't remember her name but she ran the horseshoes for a while too

I remember going upto boro to watch City at the old ayrsome park, there must have been about 60-70 away fans! took ages to get up there, no sooner had the sides ran out of the tunnel,I looked round to see round getting frogmarched round the pitch, long journey not to even see a kick. good old boy ronnie!

Ken Britton thats who.

I remember going upto boro to watch City at the old ayrsome park, there must have been about 60-70 away fans! took ages to get up there, no sooner had the sides ran out of the tunnel,I looked round to see round getting frogmarched round the pitch, long journey not to even see a kick. good old boy ronnie!

:laugh::laugh: Good old Ron always a game lad!! Even though he is about 4ft and 7 stone wringing wet!!

Archived