IGNORED

Legendary City Fans

Wurzel City

There's a guy who sits in the Dolman block F, I reckon around seat 3 of row R or maybe Q/P. He always comes in late to matches, dresses quite classily and has silvery hair. He looks around 50ish (but then again I'm rubbish at guessing people's ages).

Anyone know who he is? He's a legend in my eyes!

There's a guy who sits in the Dolman block F, I reckon around seat 3 of row R or maybe Q/P. He always comes in late to matches, dresses quite classily and has silvery hair. He looks around 50ish (but then again I'm rubbish at guessing people's ages).

Anyone know who he is? He's a legend in my eyes!

if it's curly silvery hair...it'll be russ, but he won't appreciate the 50ish shout!

I was in belgium at euro 2000 with chip shop and carth's and was sat next to carthy at England france euro 2004.....great lads the pair of em!

Feel sorry for you having to sit next to him!! :laugh:

Nah I've known both of them for years used to drink in the horseshoes/colliers/lamb and then the hut and cross hands with them

Chip Shop is in Thailand at the moment probably touching ladyboys but fair play :laugh:

Neil was on the City books (if I'm right) got beat up badly, by bouncers at the lacarno. head went after this. Remember going to some away match in a transit, and stopping on the hard shoulder for him to get some dinner, Worms!!

First time i met Neil was in a pub at an away game at hereford, it was around new year 82/83 i think.

We were bottom of the old 4th division, won 2 games all season and in financial ruin.

A collection was being made in the pub to raise funds for players wages i believe.

Neil agreed to eat the newt from the pubs fish tank to raise even more money!

knowing Neil he would of ate it anyway even with out the collection, ive been to a few away games with Neil over the years and that has to be one of the tamest things ive seen him do!

First time i met Neil was in a pub at an away game at hereford, it was around new year 82/83 i think.

We were bottom of the old 4th division, won 2 games all season and in financial ruin.

A collection was being made in the pub to raise funds for players wages i believe.

Neil agreed to eat the newt from the pubs fish tank to raise even more money!

knowing Neil he would of ate it anyway even with out the collection, ive been to a few away games with Neil over the years and that has to be one of the tamest things ive seen him do!

Yeah, some fans were in fancy dress. There was a stage or similar, we were doing different things to raise money, ie. trying to sing! Am sure Neil was on stage eating carrots or so people thought, until bloke from next door came in and wanted to know who was pinching his goldfish!!

Yeah, some fans were in fancy dress. There was a stage or similar, we were doing different things to raise money, ie. trying to sing! Am sure Neil was on stage eating carrots or so people thought, until bloke from next door came in and wanted to know who was pinching his goldfish!!

Neil Winston was a legend. Arsenal 1st game back he was in there end by him self, no fear at all, apperently lives in fishponds somewhere. Seen him eat live ants daddy long legs snails and everything else

Yep, that was November 72. I was (innocently) stood next to BJ when a brick was thrown at us. He returned it to it's owner before running after it. He got three months, the Blackpool fan had been stood next to a Copper and got away with it! :@

Getting off subject, that was the season we won 8 away games before our first home win! We lost 3-0 @ B'pool though and the coach broke down in both directions. :@

Wern't we TWO down before we arrived?

Kinda lost interest in the game and looked for other "pursuits"! (was only 20)

Guest North Street

How about old Herbie, Farmer, Asian Mark, Walters & Mario. Legends of the new & not so new.

Angus & Jasper are top blokes, good to chat to & real gentleman.

Not so sure about Mario being described as a legend. "Asian" Mark is that the pc version?

Little Ronnie armed with his hair comb in back pocket! No one mention ice cream cones mind!

Once saw Ronnie being proppelled at great speed down the skittle alley head first in the Risng Sun to celebrate his birthday.

somone called ronnie is vewing this thread......is that you you old bugger??!!

Ronnie has been in Australia for the last 3 months celebrating his 50th birthday with his twin brother Royston, he is due back mid January 06.

BCAGFC

Not so sure about Mario being described as a legend. "Asian" Mark is that the pc version?

Once saw Ronnie being proppelled at great speed down the skittle alley head first in the Risng Sun to celebrate his birthday.

It is called dwarf skittles.

BCAGFC

Ronnie has been in Australia for the last 3 months celebrating his 50th birthday with his twin brother Royston, he is due back mid January 06.

BCAGFC

It is called dwarf skittles.

BCAGFC

Lets hope Ronnie learnt to swim! Back in the 80's for a game in Torquay, he and a couple of other fellow tipsy supporters, decided to (borrow) take a rowing boat out to big blue yonder, after a couple of hundred yards the boat which had a leak , decided to sink. Ronnie now screaming he could not swim and waving his arms,then realised the water was only 2 foot deep. Absolute classic.

Yep, that was November 72. I was (innocently) stood next to BJ when a brick was thrown at us. He returned it to it's owner before running after it. He got three months, the Blackpool fan had been stood next to a Copper and got away with it! :@

Getting off subject, that was the season we won 8 away games before our first home win! We lost 3-0 @ B'pool though and the coach broke down in both directions. :@

is`nt that the same day sags lost to hayes in the cup, half our boys were in the enclosure the others in their end, i can remeember some geordies in with us, when it went off so did they, and in the car park after the match, we stayed in town until late.

My grandfather used to cycle from Shipham(nr Cheddar) to home games, about 80 years ago. Legendary activity I think you'll agree.

Get away. That must be a 40-mile round trip. On a bike.

What pressure did he blow the tyres up to? I bet they were well hard.

How about old Herbie, Farmer, Asian Mark, Walters & Mario. Legends of the new & not so new.

Angus & Jasper are top blokes, good to chat to & real gentleman.

I go boxing with walters, he's now "tagged up" and banned from every ground in england!!

Beanie, stoney and angus are yeah good lads as are the rest of the names mentioned :)

dunno if Tony Harling is still about, he could chant for England he could.

farmer as in stoneys boy? good lad he is...

yep good lads and mario top lad :):):)

angus & jasper yep agreed :)

farmers had a kid now, named him Christoper sean farmer (CSF)

Top bloke.

is`nt that the same day sags lost to hayes in the cup, half our boys were in the enclosure the others in their end, i can remeember some geordies in with us, when it went off so did they, and in the car park after the match, we stayed in town until late.

That season , a bloke from Keynsham used to run a "pirate" coach to most away games, the ones that stick out were Brighton , B'pool, Carlisle & Pompey (stopped in a pub near Warminster and nicked a lancers helmet)

Ah great days, we wuz only young!

Guest North Street

and it,s off to wembley we go.he,s a :ph34r: he,s great and he goes down the gate and his name is :dance:

and he's queer and he's bent and goes down the Gate and they call him BRAYGO

Steven, No surely not a legend, maybe a leg end.

Braygo, I love ya.

According to Braygo he has more than enough love for all.

Archived