IGNORED

Legendary City Fans

Wurzel City

Most of them are from shirehampton and area, Alf by himself on left comes from Yate. I think the one with the messy keegan style is female (i think) looking at the rest not sure, is the x girl of Taff who hired the coaches, Pam. But your right Arny, who would own up?

Fair play to the boys thou, loved their club. Ps going to reply now to a port vale fan who posted about C Fortune. Give me ten, will make u and many laugh 4 sure

Just remembered two more legends, "BONES HIGGS and " PETE THE BALDY DERLING"

both top lads and well respected,from downend way

Yeah two of my best mates from Downend, Pete's surname is actually Durnin, he's living in Spain now, but when he comes home he's straight down the City ground, one more name to add to those is Garf, anyone know him?

Anyone remember when we were supposed to be playing at Coventry (think it was boxing day 76 or 77) but the game was called off in the morning, and three City coaches that had gathered on the centre, went to the Exeter .v. Swansea game instead ? good day that was.

Taffs coach was one of them, but don't know who the other two were ?

:dunno:

My dad is a city legend. he sits in block D, or block L as it is now, in the Dolman. he never swears, but he keeps everyone around him in stitches with his comments to the linesman, or the opposition. I believe a certain ant76 called him a moron, but the man knows nothing. My dad is a legend.

Guest steveg

from what i've heard blackjack used to be a city thug Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.,any relation of rob bees?

Tipsty tours Swansea away when Super Bobby Taylor got all those goals. Got pulled in on the way home, police seaching for drugs i think, but none of these lads were into that , just ROUGH CIDER, awful stuff. Think we took about 6 gallons of the stomach rot, and of course the plastic containers came in very handy. What with the smell of cider, kebabs, fags and wind, the police asked us all off to search the van.We politley agreed, only to fall about with laughter as the 1st officer went to climb on board before screaming somethink like "YER AVING A LAUGH SARGE!!!!. It stunk and they wished us a pleasent journey home.

Wonderful memories :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pulled us over on the roundabout. Just as we were about to get onto the motorway. Yeah. They didn't much fancy any kind of detailed search of that van. :shifty:

It just goes on, anyone remember Millwall away 71(?)

Elmer in suit and tie fighting the "halfway line" on his own, taken to hospital, CAME BACK second half ready to go again, got a standing ovation from the 'Wall (just like Zulu!)

We was with Elmer that day an we got slaughtered! We first met Elmer on the

supporters coach goin` ta Carlisle in 1964 an from there we travelled all over

England by car or mini-bus with him right up to 1974 an we still have the scars ta

proove it! we lost touch with him for many years until we were in a pub in

Sheffield the season before last before the Wednesday game an we bumped

into him after 30 odd years.....We could tell you a lot more stories about our

days following the City with Elmer....But you would start ta think we be a couple

of hooligans :laugh: and yes Cider Head, just like we Elmer is still goin` down

the Gate. That day at Millwall was the first time I ever seen him put on his back,

But he still kept coming back for more!

Nice ta see him get his name on here, not to sure if he will be though! :laugh:

Anyone on here remember a game at Fulham 1970/71 when 3 coach

loads of City fans paid a visit to a nightclub in Putney called Flannigans? :whistle:

I used to go to games back in the 70,s on Taffs coach ,used to get picked up in Shire .That was me & my mate Adie (if he got out of bed in time).I certainly remember a lot of those names from back then & still see some of them at the Gate these days .What I wont forget is the buzz arriving at the away ground & the laughs we had along the way.

I used to go to games back in the 70,s on Taffs coach ,used to get picked up in Shire .That was me & my mate Adie (if he got out of bed in time).I certainly remember a lot of those names from back then & still see some of them at the Gate these days .What I wont forget is the buzz arriving at the away ground & the laughs we had along the way.

I used to sit near the back with clive perry, we got the coach at the centre. Shaun was from your area, you're not Gary?

I,m in the Picture ,far right ,looks like I,m singing something Pam & Taff are there obviously & another mate from shire Gary P ,he is the one with his hand to his face .Recognise quite a few but names, not really too long ago.

Same with me, recognise, but thats it, blank! Makes me wonder when i'm down the ground whose walking past. When East End was opened for that short while, i came across some of the older fans then, because i didn't have to sit on an allocated seat. I still get to most away games by car, it's not the same as the same old family of fans on the coach, and the buzz you got.

I used to sit near the back with clive perry, we got the coach at the centre. Shaun was from your area, you're not Gary?

Clive with the long black hair ? bit of a character to say the least !

Used to get on at the centre with a couple of mates from Winterbourne and some other lads from Thornbury.

Clive with the long black hair ? bit of a character to say the least !

Used to get on at the centre with a couple of mates from Winterbourne and some other lads from Thornbury.

Looking at the picture long hair seem to be the thing, yeah that would be Clive, lives in Kent but still comes and stays with us. Cliff was another, Did you ever go with the Yate lads in the 80's, to away games?

i remeber all the good ole days.. blackjacks (the princes), marcy marmite, deffy, bones, taffy, angus, ronnie, brian & clive perry.. the good old days when we first played arsenal in the old first division and beat them 1-0, ole Paul cheesly!!

clive perry BrianReds bruv.

lives in Kent but KEEPS THE REDFLAG FLYING HIGH!!!

Looking at the picture long hair seem to be the thing, yeah that would be Clive, lives in Kent but still comes and stays with us. Cliff was another, Did you ever go with the Yate lads in the 80's, to away games?

Cheers for that Ash, about time you seen a home game AGAIN, and bring that old man of yours. :city:

Cheers for that Ash, about time you seen a home game AGAIN, and bring that old man of yours. :city:

anytime brian.. and I'm more than happy to come back down again if i can get me old man to givus a lift down for a game! live in gillingham & missed the city .Vs. gills game away so wana see bout getting down for city vs. gills at home

One more absolute legend, the one and only RAY PEARSON!!!!!

What a lad, no fear, fanatical red, aint seen him down the gate for couple seasons.Any one know why. Early 50,s i think :dunno:

Saw him up the Lions over xmas, he gets in there from time to time. I'll ask him if i bump into him again.

There's only one Brago !!

Didn't ever travel with any Yate lads, although I can remember there were on or two on Taffys coach in the 70's.

Thinking back to another incident from the early 70s. City were away to Cardiff and the local mob attacked the player's bus! Keith Fear stated afterwards he had never been so scared in his life. The East End mob then arrived, saw what was hapening and ran to the rescue of the City players. Alan Dicks later claimed "The fans are the heroes and were our saviours today".

I was stuck in work that day :@ , but do any posters of this forum claim to have been there that day and able to tell us more details please?

I was there, about 70 of us in pub down the road and heard the team coach was stoned outside [the grange pub] I think. Ran the taffs all over that day . Big running battle outside the pub bottles bricks charging great! loony.

Didn't ever travel with any Yate lads, although I can remember there were on or two on Taffys coach in the 70's.

I went on Taffs coach in the 70's most of all promotion season, missed one away game. lived down Hotwells area. Remember Luton away well, when Sir Geoffrey Merrick thought it was a home game with the support we had there.

Remember a bunch of lads from Yate, Sodbury, Wickwar and Wotten-u-e, used to call themselves the Cotswold Mob (mad as a box of frogs)

We played away at Wolves in the cup early 70's they were the only ones to go in the North Bank (and stayed)!

One more absolute legend, the one and only RAY PEARSON!!!!!

What a lad, no fear, fanatical red, aint seen him down the gate for couple seasons.Any one know why. Early 50,s i think :dunno:

What Punchy Pearson, light the touchpaper stand well back. Top man.

As for Beanie, ask Ian about Spain 82, Yankee bird, blokes in cupboards, great story.

Fond memories. :city:

As for Beanie, ask Ian about Spain 82, Yankee bird, blokes in cupboards, great story.

Top bloke thou feezer was our Ray, worked with him for 15 years and went everywhere following City. Not big lad by my god e could b scary. Great laugh thou.

I remember years ago he was made door man over at the ship and castle. S Utd fan walked past taking the pi.ss about ray being on the door, AND THAT WAS THAT, if you know what i mean :laugh :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest North Street

Nobody holds court like Beanie sit him down give him a pint and get him to tell the story of the watneys cup, a game of darts and a one armed chelsea fan or being refused a beer in a polish bar with Essy and Scooter.

Archived