IGNORED

Legendary City Fans

Wurzel City

Anyone agreeing with this little list -

Tony Harling

Beanie

Stoney Garnett

:city:

Give credit where its due, Stoney is certainly a legend. Think i know every one of his 100 jokes, heard them on coaches, trains, pubs, clubs, everywhere. Still makes me laugh thou. Sits 10 yards behind me every game and what with all his red and white clothing on, and the abuse he likes to give the away bench he always brings a smile to my face.

Been down the gate for as long as i can remember and in my eyes is one of our legendnary fans. I hope you all agree :dunno:

Nobody holds court like Beanie sit him down give him a pint and get him to tell the story of the watneys cup, a game of darts and a one armed chelsea fan or being refused a beer in a polish bar with Essy and Scooter.

That one armed chelsea fan name of babs, we came across him at a pub in the kings road chelsea, there was a little altercation, when a dart sailed through the air into the forehead of some chelsea supporter. anglo scottish cup. lost one nil. Peaceful times :me?:

Nobody holds court like Beanie sit him down give him a pint and get him to tell the story of the watneys cup, a game of darts and a one armed chelsea fan or being refused a beer in a polish bar with Essy and Scooter.

Altogrther now...

"You've heard of mighty Beanie, he's known throughout the land

He walked into the Grange End with a shotgun in his hand

We don't carry razors, we don't carry lead......etc."

That one armed chelsea fan name of babs, we came across him at a pub in the kings road chelsea, there was a little altercation, when a dart sailed through the air into the forehead of some chelsea supporter. anglo scottish cup. lost one nil. Peaceful times :me?:

Heard the story to BrianRed, whenyou say WE u mean you were there????

Is this another legend who has yet to be added to this list???

Beany is spot on, always pleased to see you and respected all over england for his following of our national side.

Can tell some great stories, always still down the ground, fair plat to him.

Made me laugh once NorthStreet, came up to our house to put all new windows in. Done 3, took a bit cash, fuc..ed off to watch England in Europe somewhere, Spain i think, came back finished the rest, took his wedge, fuc..ed off again watch England again , spent the whole lot in about 10 days. Proper bloke :clap:

I remember the dart heading incident although i remember it being outside the turnstiles of the away end waiting for the turnstiles to open. The bloke with the dart in his head was enquiring "who ****** threw that". Was 14 at the time and never seen anthing like it before, or since!

I remember the dart heading incident although i remember it being outside the turnstiles of the away end waiting for the turnstiles to open. The bloke with the dart in his head was enquiring "who ****** threw that". Was 14 at the time and never seen anthing like it before, or since!

Definite happened in the pub, i know who threw the dart. the pub was 50/50 split with fans. the place went up in air. Yes Arny i was there, went by train. Remember police came in numbers, but by then the red flag was flying. Also the lads even had time to serve the beer!

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Was there a City Steward in the late 70's and early 80's called "Ackers"??.

Had to meet him at the last Eastville Derby match to get a voucher for the game.

Used to travel on all the City "Footex" trains and to other away games as well.

Top Bloke for a steward.

;)

Was there a City Steward in the late 70's and early 80's called "Ackers"??.

Had to meet him at the last Eastville Derby match to get a voucher for the game.

Used to travel on all the City "Footex" trains and to other away games as well.

Top Bloke for a steward.

;)

Southmead lad, wasn't a nice bloke to away fans before he came a steward. good mate with blackjacks. yeah Acker, lovely man.

Heard some cracking stories about some mentioned on England games including just seven City fans decided it would be ok to watch England V Scotland at Hampden in the Scotland end and the unfurling of the 3 Lions flag while being surrounded by thousands of Albanians.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Southmead lad, wasn't a nice bloke to away fans before he came a steward. good mate with blackjacks. yeah Acker, lovely man.

Does he ever get down the Gate??

;)

Heard the story to BrianRed, whenyou say WE u mean you were there????

Is this another legend who has yet to be added to this list???

Beany is spot on, always pleased to see you and respected all over england for his following of our national side.

Can tell some great stories, always still down the ground, fair plat to him.

Made me laugh once NorthStreet, came up to our house to put all new windows in. Done 3, took a bit cash, fuc..ed off to watch England in Europe somewhere, Spain i think, came back finished the rest, took his wedge, fuc..ed off again watch England again , spent the whole lot in about 10 days. Proper bloke :clap:

Summer before last euro 2004, boozing in albefuria, beanie said to me that he was getting through so many duty free's he was doing a lighter a day!...quality bloke!

NO long way from that Arny, Wrong place, Right time, or Right place, Wrong time. Dedicated onlooker!

NICE ONE BRIAN, THIS IS THE BEST SET OF THREADS EVER ON THIS FORUM, ALL THE OLDER LADS SHOWING THEIR FACES, WHEN I GET HOME CANT WAIT TO READ.

ANOTHER NAME NOW, REMEMBER "GARY CALDER" BS3 THROUGH AND THROUGH, WHAT A LAD, DIDNT DRINK EITHER BUT HAD A TEMPER LIKE A WOUND UP RATTLE SNAKE. don't SEE HIM NO MORE, BUT HEARD HE,S STILL ABOUT.

MEMORIES OF ME AND HIM IN THE PARK END MANY MANY MOONS AGO. QUALITY BLOKE.

WE WERE THE PARK END WE WERE THE PARK END WE WERE THE PARK END OF ASHTON GATE.

NICE ONE BRIAN, THIS IS THE BEST SET OF THREADS EVER ON THIS FORUM, ALL THE OLDER LADS SHOWING THEIR FACES, WHEN I GET HOME CANT WAIT TO READ.

ANOTHER NAME NOW, REMEMBER "GARY CALDER" BS3 THROUGH AND THROUGH, WHAT A LAD, DIDNT DRINK EITHER BUT HAD A TEMPER LIKE A WOUND UP RATTLE SNAKE. don't SEE HIM NO MORE, BUT HEARD HE,S STILL ABOUT.

MEMORIES OF ME AND HIM IN THE PARK END MANY MANY MOONS AGO. QUALITY BLOKE.

WE WERE THE PARK END WE WERE THE PARK END WE WERE THE PARK END OF ASHTON GATE.

Got a feeling Gary used to get in the old Beer Kellar underneath park street along with Chris (Juggy) Johnson. Used to be in there to say "hi" to our Welsh and Swindon counterparts out for a quiet weekend. Over the years you meet so many characters, as you know, but in those days the East, parkend and enclosure, you could walk around and mix with all your mates.

Summer before last euro 2004, boozing in albefuria, beanie said to me that he was getting through so many duty free's he was doing a lighter a day!...quality bloke!

Absolute star is Bean. His two weeks in the Algarve consisted of getting up at 3pm sitting by the pool till there was a game on in bar followed by a meal in a restaurant then it was drink through till 6am.This routine was only disturbed on the days when England played when of course Bean would attend.Next day re-establish routine. 100% Legend!

Got a feeling Gary used to get in the old Beer Kellar underneath park street along with Chris (Juggy) Johnson. Used to be in there to say "hi" to our Welsh and Swindon counterparts out for a quiet weekend. Over the years you meet so many characters, as you know, but in those days the East, parkend and enclosure, you could walk around and mix with all your mates.

Quality, loved meeting the Welsh down town Brian, our boys so proud to be BCFC, great days mate

My dad, 70 years a supporter but no longer with us God Bless him but he didn't drink or get involved in trouble so you probably don't remember him but he could recall every game and every score even after his last stroke - truly a legend in my eyes

Kev Greene, 5foot 2 travels the country with mates and family, Shire lad tough as they come. Good on u Kev :w00t:

Anyone agreeing with this little list -

Tony Harling

Beanie

Stoney Garnett

:city:

How about the chap who owns the 3 lions, Shaun Donelly, up there with the best, been around 4 ages , nice chap to, awsome boozer which is respected throughout England. All agree :dunno:

:laugh: at least i'm not the oldest amongst these lot

Actuley u aint the oldest Mr Wright but by far the Uggliest :laugh::laugh::laugh:

One for our older members.

My dad has told me that in the 50s and early 60s City provided a service to blind peolple where a trained sighted person would be sat next to them and would describe what was hapening in the game.

Despite this, there was one blind man who went and stood on the Open End and would shout out comments such as "That player's useless", "Bet he won't pass" and so forth. Eventually some other spectators would take offence to this string of comments and occasionally he'd be told to shut up or they'd sort him out. The blind man's mates would then turn on the other fan. Yes the blind man got his kicks by deliberately causing trouble.

Can any of our pensioners back this story up please?

Archived