IGNORED

3 Or 4 Exciting Players Lined Up...

Bristolian76

Only on this site. He's always injured, so I don't thuink we need another forward like that, thank you very much.

agree with that. plus forest would probably want big money for him. we can get better for less IMO

Only on this site. He's always injured, so I don't thuink we need another forward like that, thank you very much.

maybe so, but he still managed to score 12 goals this season (66apps 29 goals in a season and a half) hardly Jamie Redknapp!

If Forest had stayed down I might of said he was an option but they wont want to sell one of their best players unless it was for a ridiculous amount which Johnson just wont do.... They may be singing Earnshaw (reportedly done deal when he gets back from Hols) but that wouldnt be to replace him....

Just listened to the GJ interview online.

He said that one or two are free agents and others are in contract.

Oh - and don't expect anything to happen just yet, some players and their representatives like to keep their options open until as late as possible.

I took that to mean up to pre-season training which is July 1st.

So, book closed on this one for a while...

Whos been released then? Huckerby.... Did I read Riordan was released or being put up for transfer??

Anyone heard anything about us being linked with Nathan Tyson? Possibility?

Yep my Girlfriends dad works with a very close relative of Nathan Tyson, and we have deffinatley enquired about his availablity.

I don't usually post much on here, and wouldn't post it up here unless i believed it was true....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=99335&hl=

As for players that have been released, how about John Oster ??

Saturday

City - Shots on Target - 13

City - Shots off Target - 8

Hull - Shots on Target - 4

Hull - Shots off Target - 7

Source - BBC.

Think those stats speak for themselves..........we had the chances but couldn't finish them

You understand what a shot on target is?

A kick of the ball that goes inbetween their posts. I remember alot of them, but they were 20 yards out and either pea rollers or right at the goalie.

Shots don't tell you the story, nor do stats for that matter. We created one real chance and that was in the 85th minute. Not enough.

You understand what a shot on target is?

A kick of the ball that goes inbetween their posts. I remember alot of them, but they were 20 yards out and either pea rollers or right at the goalie.

Shots don't tell you the story, nor do stats for that matter. We created one real chance and that was in the 85th minute. Not enough.

Actually we created a gilt edged chance in the first five minutes that Dele didn`t finish, were you still taking your seat ? (easy there cowboy, only joshing ).

PDG

Actually we created a gilt edged chance in the first five minutes that Dele didn`t finish, were you still taking your seat ? (easy there cowboy, only joshing ).

PDG

I remember, but I'd say that was more Dele beating the crap out of his defender and creating the chance himself as opposed to a cracking through ball. Could be wrong though, was a while ago!

I think the crux of the matter is that we did create chances as a team and we had individuals who created chances for themselves, we just lack what we`ve screamed out for over the past few seasons. Someone, anyone with that little bit of quality that can bury the half chance. The guy with the instinct to be in the right place at the right time instead of 0.5s late ala Byfield.

Trundle has quality, there can be no argument but for his quality to shine he needs a little space around him. Those 2 v Scunny were superb and i`m not criticising but he needed a couple of touches to create that little bit of room. Palace in the 2nd leg a superb finish, yes, but given the room he found himself in you would expect any CCC forward to at least hit the target if not bury it in the net from that posn.

It`s been our problem all season that we`ve lacked the person up front that just has the instinct to move onto a ball and just hit it. No 1st, 2nd or 3rd touch just the ability to know where the goal is and the confidence to keep on trying if he misses. We`ve played some great football this year but time and time again our play has broken down around the box because of the lack of that type of player. The ball keeps getting passed around until we lose possesion.

Whoever comes into the squad this summer it would be nice to have at least one player that could do this job for us and for all his minuses off the field Lita is one who could do it on the field.

PDG

On the recent interview when Bradley was asked about this, he said that HE realised he needed to change and this was done with the help of friends, family and the club.

Whilst the club can be applauded for being patient and giving Bradley their full help and support, I think you need to give creidt to a helluva lot more people than just the Manager; the lions share should be reserved for Bradley himself.

So I don't really see how you think this argument proves something specifically about the Manager.

Jog on mr negative :shutup:

yeah, but hang on so you wouldn't say that someone like joe garner isn't a young hungry forward who is willing to die for the cause?

I don't know. I've never heard of him. Is he quick? If he is, someone tell GJ about him NOW.

I don't know. I've never heard of him. Is he quick? If he is, someone tell GJ about him NOW.

yes but hes scored goals in league 1 not in the championship we made the same mistake with trundle.

i think we definatly need a proven goalscorer

I remember, but I'd say that was more Dele beating the crap out of his defender and creating the chance himself as opposed to a cracking through ball. Could be wrong though, was a while ago!

Leroy would have scored it.

I personally would like to see us utilise the loan market as all three promoted clubs this year did - Campbell, Miller, Shawcross etc. Having seen Man City kids at the gate earlier this season in the youth cup, and on sky when they reached the final I would like to see us sign Vladimir Weiss a right winger who caused us no end of problem by running at the back 4 everytime he got the ball. He also scored a great free-kick in the final you can see it on youtube. Surely there is a few more gems at the top clubs we could use for a year? Maybe Welbeck and Eagles of Man U, Nacer Barazite from Arsenal who score 18 goals in 31 apperences in the ressies and u18's and just for his name Troy Archibald-Henville of spurs. Our own Forbes Phillipson-Masters may have a challenger for the poshest name in football ;)

So when you say released, do you mean he was unstrapped from the physio's table, along with Tyson?

O.K.so Kewell is rather fragile, but, being always prepared to wave the Southern Cross, how about 19 year-old James Triosi, winger, presently with Newcastle United and about to gain international honours.

I understand that Crystal Palace are interested, but we can't let them beat us to the punch, now can we ?

Is this a fact?? I'm genuinely interested to know. If so, why didn't Lita join on loan earlier in the year??

For what it's worth, I believe he's exactly the sort of player we need on the pitch... but off the pitch, hmm... i'm not so sure.

Lets keep him on the pitch then tie him to the goal post when were not playing. :rofl2br:

Seriously Lita is a good player whos young so you can expect him to make a few mistakes i think it would be a good signing.

Rob Earnshaw i wish IMO hes is a very talented goal scorer and it baffles me why he gets over looked by the very team he just helped into the prem not once but Twice :noexpression:

Probably lifted from here...

Someone from here probably posted it......

People really should learn that posting things on Football rumours .com DOES NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

(and I am as guilty as the next person for looking on there, cutting and pasting it to excel and trying to find links to us!!!)

Archived