IGNORED

3 Or 4 Exciting Players Lined Up...

Bristolian76

If you don't believe me, then why is Orr a confirmed Christian and in the championship team of the year?

On the recent interview when Bradley was asked about this, he said that HE realised he needed to change and this was done with the help of friends, family and the club.

Whilst the club can be applauded for being patient and giving Bradley their full help and support, I think you need to give creidt to a helluva lot more people than just the Manager; the lions share should be reserved for Bradley himself.

So I don't really see how you think this argument proves something specifically about the Manager.

The GJ test? Some of you are on another planet.

Is this the same test Darren Byfield passed? And Dele Adebola? What about Ivan Sproule and Jamie McAllister as eveybody has great things to say about them.

GJ is a good coach trying to build a good side, but, he ain't the god some of you think he is. He make mistakes like everybody else; just look at the January transfer window if you need an example.

All Lita has to do is say the right things, pass a fitness test and do ok in training. I don't believe for 1 minute that will stop him acting the arrogant **** down town and i'm sure he will get in a scrape within 6 months of signing; he simply can't help himself.

We can then re-visit this thread and see what the excuse is of how he could have possibly have passed the almighty test.

We can also re-visit this thread when inevitably, like at any club, things start to go a bit wrong on the field. The same people now saying "Arise Sir Gary" will be the same ones booing in the stands and asking "what the firk is he doing".

The 4 you have mentioned have all played their part in a tremendous season. Dele Adebola has impressed a lot especiallyw ith the negativity some were giving him before he even played a game.

On the recent interview when Bradley was asked about this, he said that HE realised he needed to change and this was done with the help of friends, family and the club.

Whilst the club can be applauded for being patient and giving Bradley their full help and support, I think you need to give creidt to a helluva lot more people than just the Manager; the lions share should be reserved for Bradley himself.

So I don't really see how you think this argument proves something specifically about the Manager.

Theres no doubt he has settled himself down, but none of us could have forseen 2 years ago that Brad would be switched to right back and get into the championship team of the year under GJ, that was his decision, and Brad has flourished. Someone recently posted up the team that tinnion picked against swansea when we got that 7-1 hammering, which Orr was in, and the difference between us then and now is like night and day. GJ has bought so many of them on, and gradually built up the squad, thats why he is so popular with us, and is so highly regarded within the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Earnshaw.

He apparently agreed terms with a club last week but it couldn't be revealed at that point. Possibly because they wanted to aviod any disruption when approaching the play off final?

I really hope we make a big signing in the next few weeks - that would really gee everyone up before the long summer.

Something to do with he was at a training camp with them before the playoff final, and that Leroy would love a move back to City?

Is this a fact?? I'm genuinely interested to know. If so, why didn't Lita join on loan earlier in the year??

For what it's worth, I believe he's exactly the sort of player we need on the pitch... but off the pitch, hmm... i'm not so sure.

He apparently agreed terms with a club last week but it couldn't be revealed at that point. Possibly because they wanted to aviod any disruption when approaching the play off final?

I really hope we make a big signing in the next few weeks - that would really gee everyone up before the long summer.

That club is Forest. It's only been delayed as he's gone on holiday but will be confirmed when he comes home.

Lita scored 2 for Reading, and 3 in 8 for Charlton. The career stats according to Wiki are 70 odd in around 200 games.

Nope, Lita has scored 53 goals in just 106 starts (exactly 1 in every 2 starts) plus 60 sub appearances, so his stats are far better than you make out.

Up to GJ whether we want him, IMO.

This whole Lita Saga and buy a big well known player, is all for good reasons as is the one thing that we miss in our team. But then look a few years back we thought wow stewart and bridges! look where that got us and then this year Lee trundle paid alot for him considering his age and only cama alive in last few games it's still to be seen if he has a full season on him. So I don't mind GJ bringing in some random striker who is unheard of as look at marvin elliot,basso,carle,mcombe.

Up to GJ whether we want him, IMO.

Of course is its upto Johnson. He tried to get Lita on loan in January but Reading were playing hard to get. Obviously Johnson rates Lita and it would not be a great surprise to see Lita back in a City shirt next season. It would be more of a surprise not to see him in a City shirt imo.

As others have already commente on - its Lita's off the pitch antics and 'Big time Charlie' attitude that Johnson will have to either cope with or curtail and if we know that with Johnsons reputation it will be curtail.

I would rather have Lita at AG than Earnshaw.

This whole Lita Saga and buy a big well known player, is all for good reasons as is the one thing that we miss in our team. But then look a few years back we thought wow stewart and bridges! look where that got us and then this year Lee trundle paid alot for him considering his age and only cama alive in last few games it's still to be seen if he has a full season on him. So I don't mind GJ bringing in some random striker who is unheard of as look at marvin elliot,basso,carle,mcombe.

I think you're right. If GJ is thinking about 3/4 players, I wouldnt be surprised if someone like Leroy was in the frame as the 'recognised' player - with the others being much lesser known. We don't tend to pick up the young, fringe players from prem clubs do we (cue for someone to now list 20 or so we've taken in recent history!), so we're likely to be looking at decent CCC players who think we've got more chance of getting in the prem than their own team, or a couple of foreign players (which includes jockland ;) ) maybe?

A player who scores for fun, oh yeh thats horrid.

What would you say if Lita could have played last Sat, to score the winner?

Its all very well everyone slagging him off, but he can scores goals to get us promotion, simple as that,

If people think one player can disrupt the dressing room, it shows what light you view the dressing rooms' strength in.

it's not the player, it's the person who's the problem as everyone knows and personally speaking we've moved on as a club away from people like him and the less said about the "youtube" clip the better

As for one thing people haven't mentioned, in the 3 seasons he's been there he has been very injure prone, one of which wasn't football related, but came because of his "off field exploits"

it's easy to say....he will get us the goals to promotion, but will he....same was said about Stewart and Bridges and last time he was his goals didn't get us promotion did they?

and YES one player can affect the dressing room morale regardless of how strong it is without him, just need to look back at Jacki's time here and the manner he left.

Only yesterday I said that I would like to see Lita back at the gate. I said to my gf that a Trundle/Lita partnership up front would be a pretty good strike force. To which she replied:

"What, someone who falls over all the time, and, someone who stands around waiting for the ball to land at his feet? Yeah right!"

Her words not mine, although I can see where she is coming from.

I would love to see a Lita/Lisbie partnership next season :fingerscrossed:

it's not the player, it's the person who's the problem as everyone knows and personally speaking we've moved on as a club away from people like him and the less said about the "youtube" clip the better

As for one thing people haven't mentioned, in the 3 seasons he's been there he has been very injure prone, one of which wasn't football related, but came because of his "off field exploits"

it's easy to say....he will get us the goals to promotion, but will he....same was said about Stewart and Bridges and last time he was his goals didn't get us promotion did they?

and YES one player can affect the dressing room morale regardless of how strong it is without him, just need to look back at Jacki's time here and the manner he left.

I will go with whatever GJ does, if he thinks Lita is the one....so be it :innocent06:

Liam Dickinson who socred the winner for Stockport yesterday would be an excellent signing for us. He's been scoring all season (20 in 31), he's still only 22 and he can definitely cause defences in this league problems as well due to the fact he's not on the small side being 6' 4''. I wouldn't sign him as a first team certainty but I'm certain if you gave him the time to develop in the CCC he could become a very useful player. Go get him Gary.

The GJ test? Some of you are on another planet.

Is this the same test Darren Byfield passed? And Dele Adebola? What about Ivan Sproule and Jamie McAllister as eveybody has great things to say about them.

GJ is a good coach trying to build a good side, but, he ain't the god some of you think he is. He make mistakes like everybody else; just look at the January transfer window if you need an example.

All Lita has to do is say the right things, pass a fitness test and do ok in training. I don't believe for 1 minute that will stop him acting the arrogant **** down town and i'm sure he will get in a scrape within 6 months of signing; he simply can't help himself.

We can then re-visit this thread and see what the excuse is of how he could have possibly have passed the almighty test.

We can also re-visit this thread when inevitably, like at any club, things start to go a bit wrong on the field. The same people now saying "Arise Sir Gary" will be the same ones booing in the stands and asking "what the firk is he doing".

I couldnt give a monkeys about the fact that Lita likes to spend his evenings lording it round Bristol thinking he's a Gangsta. Professional football is littered with players who are utter ****s who come saturday are pure quality...A Cole, Terry, Bellamy, Pennant, Bowyer etc etc etc.

I only care about what this player can add to our game. Brooker and Orr got sent to rison for fighting our citizens FFS! Do we cane them? No we stick by them because they do it on the pitch.

People have short memories...we were gutted to sell him and its a mark of how far weve come that (it seems) he is keen to come back because we are on the the up....I would rather talk about whether he will fire us to the prem than whether he like to wear a cap slightly off centre and walk with a pronounced limp.

If joins and his goals help us get up, the all the negative heads will be the first to blow smoke up his ar*e.

He is a quality player who will score goals...go get him GJ!

I'd like to see Lita back at the gate but why not see if we could get someone like Jermaine Beckford from Leeds now that they're not coming up he may be tempted?

Would be a useful addition thats for sure.

I couldnt give a monkeys about the fact that Lita likes to spend his evenings lording it round Bristol thinking he's a Gangsta. Professional football is littered with players who are utter ****s who come saturday are pure quality...A Cole, Terry, Bellamy, Pennant, Bowyer etc etc etc.

I only care about what this player can add to our game. Brooker and Orr got sent to rison for fighting our citizens FFS! Do we cane them? No we stick by them because they do it on the pitch.

People have short memories...we were gutted to sell him and its a mark of how far weve come that (it seems) he is keen to come back because we are on the the up....I would rather talk about whether he will fire us to the prem than whether he like to wear a cap slightly off centre and walk with a pronounced limp.

If joins and his goals help us get up, the all the negative heads will be the first to blow smoke up his ar*e.

He is a quality player who will score goals...go get him GJ!

Where would we be now IF Lita hadnt left??? Premier League??? Would we have needed to go through the agony we went through on Saturday?? :noexpression:

13 goals in 41 apps this season :noexpression:

Prolific....Not.

Forget people like this - he wouldn't excite me or Liam Dickinson....!!

Lita would excite us all regardless of his nobbish antics off the pitch. People say how would GJ deal with it - well think of the spirit in the dressing room - do you think for 1 minute the players would allow some prat to come in and upset things !!? I don't. Certainly not after how far they have come and how close we got to the prem.

Liam Dickinson who socred the winner for Stockport yesterday would be an excellent signing for us. He's been scoring all season (20 in 31), he's still only 22 and he can definitely cause defences in this league problems as well due to the fact he's not on the small side being 6' 4''. I wouldn't sign him as a first team certainty but I'm certain if you gave him the time to develop in the CCC he could become a very useful player. Go get him Gary.

he looked slow when he was playing ,

Personally, I would like to see us sign Dean Lewington from MK Dons, Joe Garner from Carlisle, Mark Yeates from Colchester and Aaron McLean from Peterborough.

I think all of them are achievable targets, with the possible exception of McLean who may need a bit of Cotterill style unsettling to make it happen, as well as quite a deep rummage in the pockets.

Personally, I would like to see us sign Dean Lewington from MK Dons, Joe Garner from Carlisle, Mark Yeates from Colchester and Aaron McLean from Peterborough.

I think all of them are achievable targets, with the possible exception of McLean who may need a bit of Cotterill style unsettling to make it happen, as well as quite a deep rummage in the pockets.

I like those names there, I am a Joe Garner fan got friends at carlisle who say he is god up there and i watched him at cheltenham not so long ago, he has a good attitude, got pace, can score goals and is good in the air

for his size, a very hard working player and is only 20,

garner has pace which we have lacked up front in certain games

http://www.carlisleunited.premiumtv.co.uk/...1~38226,00.html

Dean Lewington from MK Dons is another good shout.

3 or 4 exciting players - I personally read " 3 or 4 exciting PROSPECTS" coming in - i.e. untried at this level.

Can see Fleetwood from FGR coming in, as for the others, - rabbits from hats as per usual.

I'm sorry, but much as I admire Fleetwood, there is no way he's up to Championship standard at present. He scored a lot early in the season but he's dried up since Christmas and some of the chances he misses would never be forgiven by Ashton Gate fans. For every goal he scores he'll usually miss 2 or 3 gilt-edged chances.

I'm sorry, but much as I admire Fleetwood, there is no way he's up to Championship standard at present. He scored a lot early in the season but he's dried up since Christmas and some of the chances he misses would never be forgiven by Ashton Gate fans. For every goal he scores he'll usually miss 2 or 3 gilt-edged chances.

Couldn't agree more - I didn't say I wanted GJ to sign him just that I wouldn't be surprised.

Personally, I think we need to hit the ground running next season and can't afford to let players who ply their trade 2 or 3 divisions below us time to settle into CCC football.

Archived