IGNORED

3 Or 4 Exciting Players Lined Up...

Bristolian76

Agreed. For next season we are undoubtedly looking at 'flair' (otherwise known as 'putting the s*** up the opposition') type players - as we probably have our quota of solid, hard-working tackling types. Would like us to bring through a bit of defensive cover from the academy ranks.

If Fonts went we would need to replace him - and if he went for only a £1M, we wouldnt be left with much change.

I also think that the squad can accommodate 3 or 4 quality players without upsetting the apple-cart too much - ie dummies being spat out.

Come on GJ, serve us up a few signings that make people (notably our opponents next season) go '###### City have signed XXX, YYY and ZZZ' and get us lot ticking off the days on the calendar to the start of the next campaign :englandsmile4wf:

I also think that the squad can accommodate 3 or 4 quality players without upsetting the apple-cart too much - ie dummies being spat out.

Lets hope that Johnson can sign these players sooner rather than later.The longer they have to acclimatise to the City ethos the better. A full pre-season as a City player is essential imo.

Lets hope that Johnson can sign these players sooner rather than later.The longer they have to acclimatise to the City ethos the better. A full pre-season as a City player is essential imo.

Agreed.

Just wonder how good Carle will be next season after a full pre-season.

make people (notably our opponents next season) go '###### City have signed XXX, YYY and ZZZ'

Agreed, would make the shirt printing cheaper too.

Hopefully we'll sign XXX first as he was "born for this $hit".

why do I get this HORRIBLE feeling that we are going to sign Lita

A player who scores for fun, oh yeh thats horrid.

What would you say if Lita could have played last Sat, to score the winner?

Its all very well everyone slagging him off, but he can scores goals to get us promotion, simple as that.

If people think one player can disrupt the dressing room, it shows what light you view the dressing rooms' strength in.

why do I get this HORRIBLE feeling that we are going to sign Lita

Does anyone know how many Lita scored last season?

Presuming we are after him....how much would he go for?

Yes, a good striker is a must! but let's just fine tune the rest of the squad.

Looking forward allready to another cracking season!

:fingerscrossed:

Does anyone know how many Lita scored last season?

Presuming we are after him....how much would he go for?

Yes, a good striker is a must! but let's just fine tune the rest of the squad.

Looking forward allready to another cracking season!

:fingerscrossed:

I would guess that we would get him cheaper that what he is worth as the clubs would have to negotiate due to the sell-on clause (money which we would be due if he went anywhere else)...

I would have him back in a shot, and as far as I know all the players still get on with him so he would fit in easily. BUT, he needs to pass the GJ test first. If he passes, then we will have the proven goal scorer people have been crying out for..

Lita scored 2 for Reading, and 3 in 8 for Charlton. The career stats according to Wiki are 70 odd in around 200 games. I am going to try to not get too excited about transfer targets this year until they are announced though. Price is anyones guess, but taking into account our 25% "discount" I would expect anyone to have to pay at least 2.5m given that Reading are now relegated. At that price the cost to us would be about £1.8m, which would probably take up all the gate receipts from the home play off and the wembley game I would have thought. I would like to be a fly on the wall in SLs and GJ offices at the moment.

Only yesterday I said that I would like to see Lita back at the gate. I said to my gf that a Trundle/Lita partnership up front would be a pretty good strike force. To which she replied:

"What, someone who falls over all the time, and, someone who stands around waiting for the ball to land at his feet? Yeah right!"

Her words not mine, although I can see where she is coming from.

Would love to see Eastwood come in, £1.5m to Coventry has been mentioned in all the papers, surely within our price range now?

Didn't get too many starts at Wolves this year, but always looked like a good goalscorer at Sarfend.

I'm no fan of Lita (attitude wise, not performance) but like above, if he passes the GJ test then who are we to argue?

I wouldn't Mind seeing Hucklebury come to us on a free, i can't beleive that Norwich wouldn't offer him a new contract. Also this guy looks pretty good - Tibor Tisza form overseas. A winger/striker that can score a lot.

-Lita is a good player, at this level could get 20 goals a season - anyone who will frequently score goals for us would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

-Earnshaw has been told he needs to be playing every week to keep a place in the Wales squad. He is a proven goal scorer at this level, maybe we could snag him.

The GJ test? Some of you are on another planet.

Is this the same test Darren Byfield passed? And Dele Adebola? What about Ivan Sproule and Jamie McAllister as eveybody has great things to say about them.

GJ is a good coach trying to build a good side, but, he ain't the god some of you think he is. He make mistakes like everybody else; just look at the January transfer window if you need an example.

All Lita has to do is say the right things, pass a fitness test and do ok in training. I don't believe for 1 minute that will stop him acting the arrogant **** down town and i'm sure he will get in a scrape within 6 months of signing; he simply can't help himself.

We can then re-visit this thread and see what the excuse is of how he could have possibly have passed the almighty test.

We can also re-visit this thread when inevitably, like at any club, things start to go a bit wrong on the field. The same people now saying "Arise Sir Gary" will be the same ones booing in the stands and asking "what the firk is he doing".

Only yesterday I said that I would like to see Lita back at the gate. I said to my gf that a Trundle/Lita partnership up front would be a pretty good strike force. To which she replied:

"What, someone who falls over all the time, and, someone who stands around waiting for the ball to land at his feet? Yeah right!"

Her words not mine, although I can see where she is coming from.

More likely we'd see an Adebola/Lita strikeforce if he came back as we all know how well he plays alongside a targetman (Brooker/Kitson etc).

It's about time Leroy grew up. He's got to mature at some point and I'd suggest that time is around the corner. If he wants to come back, prove he's hungry and willing to work for the team (which wasn't a problem before) then I'd have him back in a shot. As I said on a post a few days ago, the best striker in a decade we've had down the Gate.

Is this the same test Darren Byfield passed? And Dele Adebola? What about Ivan Sproule and Jamie McAllister as eveybody has great things to say about them.

GJ is a good coach trying to build a good side, but, he ain't the god some of you think he is. He make mistakes like everybody else; just look at the January transfer window if you need an example.

All Lita has to do is say the right things, pass a fitness test and do ok in training. I don't believe for 1 minute that will stop him acting the arrogant **** down town and i'm sure he will get in a scrape within 6 months of signing; he simply can't help himself.

We can then re-visit this thread and see what the excuse is of how he could have possibly have passed the almighty test.

We can also re-visit this thread when inevitably, like at any club, things start to go a bit wrong on the field. The same people now saying "Arise Sir Gary" will be the same ones booing in the stands and asking "what the firk is he doing".

Not sure the point you're trying to make but, the "test" is well known. Why wouldn't those 4 players have passed it? Their attitudes seem good to me.

Not sure the point you're trying to make but, the "test" is well known. Why wouldn't those 4 players have passed it? Their attitudes seem good to me.

Fail to see how you missed the point when you have basically laid out the criteria. All Lita would have to do is answer the questions the right way and smile for the cameras and it would seem his attitude is fine.

However, give it a few months and maybe a short stint on the bench cos it ain't happening for him and we may see some change. Or we may simply read of him hitting another "friend" during a night on the lash.

It would appear by it is an easy test to pass, so Lita, like the others should be fine.

I wouldnt doubt GJs impact on us for a second, he can bring in half the rovers team and I wouldnt doubt him. It is well known that GJs "test" meant Jermaine Easter was kicked straight out the front door, and you would have thought that he would have been trying to impress someone when he was sat there. Seeing that there are still people with us from when Lita was here before, and they can report in to GJ on what he is like to play and train with, which I think is also something that GJ looks at, and we tried to get him on loan, then there is a chance we could get him in. Obviously GJ cant hold his hand and walk round town with him on a saturday night, but he has a midas touch with this kind of thing. If you don't believe me, then why is Orr a confirmed Christian and in the championship team of the year?

Archived