IGNORED

Tyson Bid

Snufflelufagus

Hmmm, interesting - wonder if this is from the same source/reporter that had info on the Fontaine to Liverpool deal?

Ha ha probably. In all serious it would be intresting to see how many of the overall rumours involving all transfers come true. I for one would say about 15%.

Or the one who suggested we were about to sell the club to some foreign oil dudes?

in "Fairness" to the DM, it wasn't as if they made that story up. There was an actual tangible human being spouting his mouth off. Whether he EVER had the resources/contacts to actually firm up a bid is another matter, but they were only reporting what was being said by that particular gentleman.

ha ha yeah or maybe we would be in the same situation Leicester are in now...........

Yeah agree. This club has come on in leaps and bounds under SL and GJ, with SL being a true city fan. Imagine what would happen if a muppet only interested in corporate branding took over.

IN GJ and SL we trust.

GOD i hope this is not true.

He wasnt that good in League 1 and i don't think he could cut it at the top end of the Championship.

Me two. He'd be a complete waste of money IMHO.

Yeah he's quick but he's got a dreadful injury record and very moderate goalscroing record in the lower leagues. I'd be disappointed if GJ threw that amount of money down the drain at the wrong striker... again. We have to get this right this time.

Yeah he's quick but he's got a dreadful injury record and very moderate goalscroing record in the lower leagues. I'd be disappointed if GJ threw that amount of money down the drain at the wrong striker... again. We have to get this right this time.

Me Three. But i trust Gary Johnson judgement more than ours!

But then again, its probabaly rubbish anyway!

I remember that! Maybe we would be Premier league now if that came true! :rolleyes:

If we had sold out to "foreign oil dudes" then with the massive rise in oil prices, we might now be thinking about buying Torres instead of Lita.

I disagree that he would be a waste of money. To be fair he hasn't been fully fit until the last part of 2008 season. I remember coming on here in January when people were slating Dele Adebola and I wouldn't say he was a waste of money.

If GJ or SL think he is the right player then he is the right player for us fans.

BCFC

Waste of money?!

He did have a lot of injuries last season but had surgery with about 10 games left which he says has resolved his persistant injury and he's feeling better than he ever has. I really hope he stays, he's due a big season and with Earnshaw alongside him, I can see plenty of goals for Forest which is something we have lacked for a very long time.

£750k - Get GJ to double it and enquire again :innocent06:

Waste of money?!

He did have a lot of injuries last season but had surgery with about 10 games left which he says has resolved his persistant injury and he's feeling better than he ever has. I really hope he stays, he's due a big season and with Earnshaw alongside him, I can see plenty of goals for Forest which is something we have lacked for a very long time.

£750k - Get GJ to double it and enquire again :innocent06:

Bet you're licking your lips with that sum because it'd cover a large chunk of the Earnie fee!

He isn't what we need. If we're going for anyone within our price range from the lower leagues it should be Maynard but we're crying out for someone who's proven at this level, not someone who's untried and injury prone. We've had enough expensive crocks down the years.

Bet you're licking your lips with that sum because it'd cover a large chunk of the Earnie fee!

Not really because' I want him to stay. I think Earnie and Tyson could terrorise defences next season and in Earnshaw, we finally have a potential 25 goal-a-season man - Something we've not had for a long time and a priceless asset in this league.

If we can get a winger to replace Commons (Whittingham from Cardiff has be mentioned) then I think we'll give it a real good go this season.

No no no no no spending money for someone to sit in the treatment room for most of the season is not going to do it for me, he may be quick but he not exactly prolific is he? Forest sign Earnshaw who Imo will end up towards the top of the scoring charts come next may and if Tyson doesn't leave, what are the chances he will become a bench player or treatment room resident ala Brooker.

4 years younger and in my oppiniona far better prospect is Nicky Maynard. goal ratio of 5.4 in a struggling team, even after spending 4 months out with a broken leg the guy comes back and hits 15 goals. clearly over his injury the lad scores for fun. No contest!

But whoever GJ goes with i will support wholeheartedly. :city:I BELIEVE.

Not really because' I want him to stay. I think Earnie and Tyson could terrorise defences next season and in Earnshaw, we finally have a potential 25 goal-a-season man - Something we've not had for a long time and a priceless asset in this league.

If we can get a winger to replace Commons (Whittingham from Cardiff has be mentioned) then I think we'll give it a real good go this season.

Tell you what I'm a massive fan of commons!!! Would love to see him here

You may have a proven goalscorer at this level but that isn't a guarantee for success. Just look at Ebanks-Blake with Wolves or Henderson with Watford. A goalscorer doesn't make a team. I think you'll be surprised by the strentgh of this league next season.

Tyson aint going for that amount of money, we paid £650k for him and even though we have Earnshaw we would only have two strikers if he went. Its not happening chaps, unless you offer silly money that is. He's an injury waiting to happen too so it would be a big risk to pay more than £1.5m for him.

Tyson aint going for that amount of money, we paid £650k for him and even though we have Earnshaw we would only have two strikers if he went. Its not happening chaps, unless you offer silly money that is. He's an injury waiting to happen too so it would be a big risk to pay more than £1.5m for him.

Thats good, because we don't want him anyway!

Whhhhhhaaaaaattttttttt? I'd rather go in Britains got talent and stick cocktail sticks in my japs eye than spend £1.5 million on Tyson.

He isn't worth any more than 750k given his scoring record and injury history.

He would do as a squad player for us - I can't see him as the main striker.

I'm sure there's better available such as Maynard at Crewe 32 goals in 52 starts for them, and he's only 21.

I have been calling for us to sign Maynard too, terrific talent but Crewe will demand a hefty fee. Incidently if you offer £1.5m I would snap your hands off for Tyson.

Whhhhhhaaaaaattttttttt? I'd rather go in Britains got talent and stick cocktail sticks in my japs eye than spend £1.5 million on Tyson.

The chairman's not letting him go cheap, if we had four or five forwards it would be different. We've got three and if we sold him we'd be threadbare up front.

English players are too expensive and generally overrated. the typical nonsence Redtop scumbag Mirror talk of 750k - 1m for Tyson is a joke. you could pick up a player of his ability for a fraction of that on the contenant. We should be signing overseas players, not 5h1t lazy unfit, unprolific, always injured English ones.

Well paying 4.5m for Nathan Ellington is something you should get shot for, hes not worth anywhere near that amount - Forest are setting themselves up for bankruptcy.

What a load of 5h1t.

As I said, he ain't worth 1.5m - but Maynard is worth that and I'd expect us to be in for him.

Looking through the various threads there seems to be a general concensus amongst the fans that Maynard's one we should definitely go for.

Hopefully GJ and SL agree and City will move quickly. :fingerscrossed:

Archived