IGNORED

Tyson Bid

Snufflelufagus

I'm sorry but thats not what I want to hear, I want to hear you saying you 'would be gutted if you lost him to us' and 'he is a massive part of our squad that would be hard to replace' or 'he always looks like scoring'

Committed is only part of what we need to progress to the next level

Its difficult to put a value on Tyson because of how injury prone he is. I do feel though that if he somehow has an injury free season he would be a real threat to defences in the Championship.

Like many strikers he's a confidence player and you cant build confidence through performances if you are never on the pitch. When he first came to us he was deadly one on one, this season not as good but he has had as many hamstring setbacks as he has goals.

I'll quite happily put money on him getting 20 goals for Forest.

He didn't get a game at Derby because Jewell is an ass, and he's done the rounds because he's played for yo-yo clubs and gets sold when they go down. Look at his record.

I am delighted we've got Earnshaw. He was treated harshly by Jewell who has criticised his players all season despite knowing that most of them were nowhere near Prem standard.

The sheepshaggers loss is our gain, with Commons going the other way its going to be two firy games against last years laughing stock.

Its difficult to put a value on Tyson because of how injury prone he is. I do feel though that if he somehow has an injury free season he would be a real threat to defences in the Championship.

Like many strikers he's a confidence player and you cant build confidence through performances if you are never on the pitch. When he first came to us he was deadly one on one, this season not as good but he has had as many hamstring setbacks as he has goals.

I have to say, since Gary Johnson came in and brought his own fitness coach, we just don't seem to get these sort of injuries anymore.

Most of our injuries are unavoidable i.e. impact or joints. In terms of hamstring pulls, I can't recall the last time any of our players was out for any length of time with this kind of injury.

I have to say, since Gary Johnson came in and brought his own fitness coach, we just don't seem to get these sort of injuries anymore.

Most of our injuries are unavoidable i.e. impact or joints. In terms of hamstring pulls, I can't recall the last time any of our players was out for any length of time with this kind of injury.

Brooker?

:innocent06:

Brooker???!!!!!

yep 20 league goals not in all competitions

Ok, name your price then.

These are my terms of our bet. Earnshaw has to score 20 league goals or more next season for me to win. The bet is off if he gets a major injury that rules him out for the majority of the season or if he moves club in January after a prolific start to the campaign. Agreed? Anything you'd like to bring to the table?

Happy days...well, not that particular day.

Maybe Stan should never have left Forest.

But what a player he was, great talent wasted - like so many.

Wasted is the wrong word and a bit disrespectful without knowing all the circumstances, but I would have liked to have seen him do a lot more in football.

Me too mate. Its a shame he went to Liverpool when he did, broke up a Forest side that finished 3rd in the Prem after getting promoted. He then went on to struggle there and at Villa after he mentally fell apart. Unfortunately he didnt have his head screwed on until he left football.

Happy days...well, not that particular day.

Maybe Stan should never have left Forest.

But what a player he was, great talent wasted - like so many.

Wasted is the wrong word and a bit disrespectful without knowing all the circumstances, but I would have liked to have seen him do a lot more in football.

That night at Ashton Gate in 1993, we had absolutely no answer to him.

Collymore had all the skill to be the best English striker for a generation. It was a wasted career.

With regard to buying strikers from Forest these days, I think we should look elsewhere.

Who was the manager at Villa when Collymore was there - Gregory ?

That bloke could kill any players career and should never be allowed near a football club. Poison.

Collymore needed a man manager to get the best out of him as he's flawed (aren't we all) and needed guidance, but he never really got it from managers - and I think Villa finished him as it was his dream move which went tits up.

And he's had his problems since he left football of course with his stuff with the Swedish tart and his dogging escapades which he's hopefully grown out of...

But he was a fantastic player, I hope he does ok in his media career - I like the bloke.

Yeah it was Gregory who made a mockery out of him when he got depression which signalled the beginning of the end. I may be biased with him doing so well for us but I think he's had a rough deal from the press. Comes across well whenever he pundits or commentates too and knows his stuff.

That 4-1 game was my first ever match!!

Was that the game on New Year's Day when Collymore bagged a hat-trick and Ian Woan bent a free-kick in front of the open end? I remember that game very well. Most gifted striker of his generation. Shame he's nuts.

Was that the game on New Year's Day when Collymore bagged a hat-trick and Ian Woan bent a free-kick in front of the open end? I remember that game very well. Most gifted striker of his generation. Shame he's nuts.

i remember that game very well, almost got my head kicked in for clapping one of his goals that day whilst stood in the open end!!

i remember that game very well, almost got my head kicked in for clapping one of his goals that day whilst stood in the open end!!

Forgive my ignorance as I was an 8 year-old in the Williams that day, but surely the Forest fans were in the Open End that day so why would they want to kick your head in for clapping one of their players goals?

Still the best hat-trick I've seen to this day though. Well worthy of applause.

Forgive my ignorance as I was an 8 year-old in the Williams that day, but surely the Forest fans were in the Open End that day so why would they want to kick your head in for clapping one of their players goals?

Open End was half and half in those days Tin, so he would no doubt have been in the City half. Got a bit heated either side of the segregation.

They had the whole Open End for the League Cup Semi 4 years earlier, but generally it was shared.

Showing your tender years here tins , one half of the open end use to be city hardcore , alot of southmead / knowle west boys who frequently kicked off with each other never mind the away fans , also the point nearest the dolman stand in the open end use to have some city fans in , generally these were older generation fans who use to take flask biccies etc , there you are tins you learn something everyday , roll on august I'm in the East End this year :chant6ez:

Your could still get him as Notts Forest have asked us about Istvan Ferenczi. Ferenczi has stated he wants to stay at Oakwell but we want to offer him less wages.

He has had a offer from Sweden too but said he'd go to Forest.

So, I Can honestly see your getting Nathan Tyson

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3637920,00.html

I saw that barnsley. We need a target man as Holt isnt good enough for the CCC. What is this Ferenczi like?

Guest barnsley
I saw that barnsley. We need a target man as Holt isnt good enough for the CCC. What is this Ferenczi like?

Last Season when he signed in January, he kept us up all by himself. Was a hero with fans (Still is) But afraid to say, his legs have gone.

Whenever ball is up in air, i guarentee he always gives a free kick away, no intention of going for the ball. but with the ball at his feet in a dangerous position, he will finish, no doubt about that.

Brilliant finisher, but no pace.

Last Season when he signed in January, he kept us up all by himself. Was a hero with fans (Still is) But afraid to say, his legs have gone.

Whenever ball is up in air, i guarentee he always gives a free kick away, no intention of going for the ball. but with the ball at his feet in a dangerous position, he will finish, no doubt about that.

Brilliant finisher, but no pace.

Sounds like he'd be a useful addition but after shelling out on Earnshaw I don't want us paying over the odds for him.

I'm not sure this means Tyson is going because Holt and Agogo are also being linked with moves away but its pandemonium right now at Forest, I don't know who is coming or going, we've been linked with another player today on Sky's website http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11727_3637744,00.html. I'm used to being underwhelmed with rumours about crap players so I cant take all this!

Sounds like he'd be a useful addition but after shelling out on Earnshaw I don't want us paying over the odds for him.

I'm not sure this means Tyson is going because Holt and Agogo are also being linked with moves away but its pandemonium right now at Forest, I don't know who is coming or going, we've been linked with another player today on Sky's website http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11727_3637744,00.html. I'm used to being underwhelmed with rumours about crap players so I cant take all this!

Have you got any money these days? I though Forest were quite a few million in debt?

We had a lot of rumours last summer, something about being promoted starts the rumourmill going into overdrive.

Archived