IGNORED

Tyson Bid

Snufflelufagus

Tyson is probably somewhere on GJ's list but I reckon ( hope anyway) we'd have to have a number of refusals from preferred choices before any bid was made to sign him.

Can't see him as anything more than a speedy bench player for City in the Championship and three quarters of a million or more could be much better spent.

Looking through the various threads there seems to be a general concensus amongst the fans that Maynard's one we should definitely go for.

Hopefully GJ and SL agree and City will move quickly. :fingerscrossed:

Lets hope so. I'd be delighted to think we're in for Nicky Maynard. Be a great signing for us as well as being an investment that we could double or treble the outlay on if he took off, which I'm sure he would at this level. Best young striking talent outside the Prem for me.

If he wasnt so injury prone, I would probably consider hime a good option. When fit (very rarely) and he gets a run in the team he does seem to score goals. However I feel he is far too fragile. I know its just speculation, but if Johnson was to sign him, I would trust him 100% of the way.

Come on City boys do you really want a player with an awful first touch, poor composure and an abysmal injury record when you can have Grant Holt for a small fee?

Did Colin actually play Holt up front last season? He always looked like a fairly hard working old fashioned centre forward to me but I heard something about him playing out wide.

Did Colin actually play Holt up front last season? He always looked like a fairly hard working old fashioned centre forward to me but I heard something about him playing out wide.

I am right in thinking R*vers are supposed to be interested in signing him??

Yeah to be fair to Holt he was used on the right wing in a 4-3-3 formation and naturally he looked lost. He's fallen out with CC and spent the end of the season on loan at Blackpool.

If he went we would be without a bullying physical presence up front and he is good at the traditional target man role. Was our player of the year in the 06/07 season with 15 goals.

Their fans have mentioned his name I think. He will get better offers though.

Yeah I hear Yate Town are in for him!!! Unlucky Rovers.

On the note of Yate Town, a player called Craig Davidge is amazing for them... he should be tapped up

If this is true, which as Sky Sports are running the story it could well be. doesn't it seem somehwat negative to be buying a second choice striker form a newly promoted team who have just splashed out on a proven striker :(

I don't know much about how much cash we have to spend but is the figure that Forest paid for Earnshaw way above our means?

basically spurs announced they signed him, without sorting out the compensation. it's how much rather than.

Tyson = unfulfilled potential. GJ seems to have a decent record with those types.

Come on City boys do you really want a player with an awful first touch, poor composure and an abysmal injury record when you can have Grant Holt for a small fee?

wouldn't pay a penny for either of them...........you buy earnshaw and we get tyson or holt? that wouldn't be good!

wouldn't pay a penny for either of them...........you buy earnshaw and we get tyson or holt? that wouldn't be good!

Holt I imagine will go to a lower league side. Despite my evaluation of Tyson I think we should keep him.

Now we have Earnshaw the pressure wont be on him as much and with a decent run in the side I think we will see a better player.

Tyson has potential but the past season he has been ravaged by injury and he has never found top form. If we sell Holt we'll need another striker though which leads me to think Colin will go in for his recent favourite transfer target Leon Best.

I think your man Trundle will have a much better season this year.

from a Forest site...

"Bristol City have had a £750,000 bid for fans favourite Nathan Tyson rejected.

According to Sky Sports News City boss Gary Johnson is deciding whether to up his bid.

Forest fans would be slightly miffed to say the least if he was to leave and especially at such a low valuation. He cost us £675,000 back in 2005 from Wycombe and since then he's enhanced his value considerably.

Although he's been injury prone, his ability is not in doubt. If Johnson is serious about taking him, he won't get him for less than a mill. Vital Forest says, come back when you've got a serious offer."

hmmm good player or not saying you should get more than 3/4 of a mill for a player that is "injury prone" is taking the piss in my opinion.

Would GJ really bring in a player who is likely to be injured alot? I thought we were making our squad stronger not weaker?

Archived