IGNORED

Tyson Bid

Snufflelufagus

I'm sory but we don't need players who aint proven champ player we need experiance at this lvl not oh he's good in league 1 cus it aint going to cut it this year we need big time charlie players our wage bill must expand and bring in the big guns not wfans favourites

hes only scored 9 this season probably because of injuries but i wouldnt fancy a guy whos going to get injured alot go for jason scotland gary

giood point about injuries I mean look at brooker for example. and as for Jason scotland another oldie? he is 29 it said on the bbc website!

Those are Dyson cleaners not Tyson.

I'm not proud that I know that.

Anyway, Tyson would be nothing more than a squad player and no better than what we have.

I'd be very surprised if we had made a bid for him and I don't believe Skysports or the media at all.

what rubbish, a fully fit tyson will be exactly what we need pace and power up front, very similar to stan collymore and he wasn't bad was he?

what rubbish, a fully fit tyson will be exactly what we need pace and power up front, very similar to stan collymore and he wasn't bad was he?

I agree - I have always thought a fit Nathan Tyson would be some player for us.

He needs some decent management and he'll never get that at Forest.

Whatever you say about Nottingham Forest and who they sign - they have an awful manager in Colin Calderwood.

Amazing, truly amazing that all of a sudden they have collectively forgotten that just 3 months ago they were boo-ing him off and chanting "You don't know what you're doing" and "Calderwood out!"

Under the surface this hasn't gone away....

Same stats as Byfield last season but in league one.

I'd be amazed if he was our first choice, but could understand him being a second new striker.

To compare him to Collymore is daft.

Tyson shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the great SVC. Pace, power, could finish equally well with both feet, the best player to ever play for Forest bar none.

Tyson shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the great SVC. Pace, power, could finish equally well with both feet, the best player to ever play for Forest bar none.

I agree with you there - Collymore was class. He was a nutcase but a class football player.

On a different note - how do you rate Calderwood now?

A Forest season ticket holder works in my office and he was describing the sheer animosity CC was facing only 3 months back with 20,000 chanting "You don't know what you're doing" and "we're schit and we're sick of it"

That doesn't just go away with a promotion on the back of Doncaster being beaten by Cheltenham!

I agree with you there - Collymore was class. He was a nutcase but a class football player.

On a different note - how do you rate Calderwood now?

A Forest season ticket holder works in my office and he was describing the sheer animosity CC was facing only 3 months back with 20,000 chanting "You don't know what you're doing" and "we're schit and we're sick of it"

That doesn't just go away with a promotion on the back of Doncaster being beaten by Cheltenham!

I don't think any of us are brushing that under the carpet Hicksy, Calderwood improved towards the end of the season tactics wise and he needs to continue with the attacking style which won us promotion in the last 7 games. If he reverts back to being defensive 'Clumpy' he'll continue to get more stick especially if we aren't going for it at home.

If he continues to excel in the transfer market with players similar to the standard of Earnshaw I don't think we can have any complaints there though.

I really wouldn't be happy with Tyson.

Yeah he may come in a do OK and people will say yeah Gary is right blah blah blah, but I strongly believe he will just do OK, nothing more, like Dele this season, he did OK.

If we want to go up, we need to splash out on someone who is proven and will SET THE CHAMPIONSHIP ALIGHT next season. Not someone who will get 9/10 goals and do OK.

Its a regressive step if Forest get Earnshaw and we get Tyson, surely?

A fit Tyson is a player I have always rated but when reading this thread plus the Leroy rumours, could this just be a bluff to try and force Readings hand regarding LL? Don't get me wrong, on his game Tyson could be just what we need but I wonder if SL and GJ are playing a waiting game with Reading and saying 'deal or no deal'!

I really wouldn't be happy with Tyson.

Yeah he may come in a do OK and people will say yeah Gary is right blah blah blah, but I strongly believe he will just do OK, nothing more, like Dele this season, he did OK.

If we want to go up, we need to splash out on someone who is proven and will SET THE CHAMPIONSHIP ALIGHT next season. Not someone who will get 9/10 goals and do OK.

Its a regressive step if Forest get Earnshaw and we get Tyson, surely?

i would take tyson ahead of earnshaw any day.

Tyson is 26 whereas Trundle was nearly 31 when we signed him.

Sure his injury record isn't the best but GJ knows what he's doing.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him as one of two new strikers at AG by August.

I'll say one thing about Tyson he is a very committed player. Chases the opposing defenses down like his life depends on it unlike Agogo who mopes about like a lazy bum.

Agree with that. Two things stuck in my mind from the Ashton Gate 1-1 draw. I think Tyson came on in the 2nd half as a sub.

He chased everything down. He clearly was miles from 100% fit but he chased and harried Bradley Orr into making an error. Chased the balls back to Basso - definitely put it in and what I like to see a forward do.

The best thing I saw all game though was Bradley Orr brushed past Grant Holt.

Holt then went down like a sack of schit. I kid you not I was in the Dolman by the East end and it was about 10 yards from me, he hardly touched him.

Holt goes down holding his stomach as if he's been shot.

Tyson comes over, steps over Holt completely uninterested and takes the throw in. Just ignored Holt as if he's seen it a hundred times before.

Game carried on and Holt got up.

Priceless.

I'll say one thing about Tyson he is a very committed player. Chases the opposing defenses down like his life depends on it unlike Agogo who mopes about like a lazy bum.

I'm sorry but thats not what I want to hear, I want to hear you saying you 'would be gutted if you lost him to us' and 'he is a massive part of our squad that would be hard to replace' or 'he always looks like scoring'

Committed is only part of what we need to progress to the next level

I'm sorry but thats not what I want to hear, I want to hear you saying you 'would be gutted if you lost him to us' and 'he is a massive part of our squad that would be hard to replace' or 'he always looks like scoring'

Committed is only part of what we need to progress to the next level

Ok but we don't even know if we are going for him. If we did, and he remained fit, we don't know that he wouldnt score alot of goals. This all all speculation but lets let GJ do the business and support him along with any player he brings in. I understand your point, commitment only fits half the bill. But I believe with Tyson injuries are holding back a very good player. If we were to sign him, and keep him fit, we could be dealing with a great player although I wont comment further as its not asif I have seen him play an awful lot.

yeah collymore can sneek up on the blindside ,great down the flanks,punches his weight.very dogged

Then you're mad I'm afraid. Earnshaw is a proven 20 goal a season striker at this level, Tyson isn't even that at league one level and his injury record compares to Brooker's.

who has done the rounds and teams get rid of him, couldn't even get a regular game in the worst team ever to grace the premier league, no way he'll get 20 goals for forest.

who has done the rounds and teams get rid of him, couldn't even get a regular game in the worst team ever to grace the premier league, no way he'll get 20 goals for forest.

I'll quite happily put money on him getting 20 goals for Forest.

He didn't get a game at Derby because Jewell is an ass, and he's done the rounds because he's played for yo-yo clubs and gets sold when they go down. Look at his record.

Archived