IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

"Meteb may end up turning down the offer because it doesn't suit a player of his caliber," Al-Qaeyi told FilGoal.com

If he thinks he is too good for us then jog on pal! Your attitude is all wrong for us.

NEXT!

I agree I read that last night and thought it stupid! You can **** rite off pal!

"Meteb may end up turning down the offer because it doesn't suit a player of his caliber," Al-Qaeyi told FilGoal.com

If he thinks he is too good for us then jog on pal! Your attitude is all wrong for us.

NEXT!

Cheeky Ba$tard. we don't want him and his 5 league goals thank you very much.

Today's Western Daily Press:

'Bristol City have been linked with rising Egypt international star Emad Meteb. The 25-year-old striker, who plays for El-Ahly in his native country, is believed to be a target for City boss Gary Johnson. And according to sources in north Africa, the Championship club are prepared to break their transfer record to land a player who has netted 20 goals in 39 games for Egypt. El-Ahly director Adli Al-Qaeyi says City have lodged a bid of £1.5 million for Meteb, who featured in Egypt's African Cup of Nations triumph in 2006. It is understood there has been contact between Meteb's representatives and Ashton Gate officials, but City have refused to confirm their interest. Chairman Steve Lansdown said: "We have a policy at this club of not discussing transfer targets. That hasn't changed and we're not going to conduct our business in public. We are not prepared to comment on rumours and hearsay."

I agree I read that last night and thought it stupid! You can **** rite off pal!

Not disagreeing with you becuase if that is his attitude then I agree but this could have been mis-translated plus the quote was taken from club director, not him or his agent.

Lets be honest he is probably sat in Egypt thinking who in gods name and where are Bristol City. Lets not get the hump straight away because if GJ thinks he can do a job and we can atract and sell him the club then fantastic.

He is regarded as the best striker playing in Africa for his age, has a fantastic goal scoring record for club (72 games, 39 goals) and country (39 games, 20 goals) and was named the best striker in Africa in 2005 and second best in 2006. He stated before his move to Saturn (Russia) that he wants to move to Europe and is refusing to sign a contract with his current club Al Ahly.

Taken from http://www.soccerarabia.net today.

----------------------------

Bristol City after Red-hot Moteab

Cairo – Egyptian champions Al Ahly said that they received a fax from second division English side Bristol City asking for the services of international striker Emad Moteab, but the Reds did not give out any answer yet. Ahmed Rifai, an agent, revealed to “Modern Sport Channel” handed Moteab a trial in England and a transfer fee, in case the player impressed during the trial, that can reach 1.5 £. Rifai said that the issue deal has been proposed to Al Ahly and the English club is still waiting for their response. It is noted that Moteab is currently suffering from neck pain that will prevent him from facing Malawi in the African double qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup and African Cup of nations.

-----------------------------

The more I read into this and read the various stats and stories make me think this one could be a serious option...

Sounds like a promising natural striker who has scored good goals in the past few seasons which we all know we need. Plus his recent form etc sounds very similar to that of Nick Carle who struggled when moving to Turkey but ultimately had the talent. Perhaps this is another player Johnson has been told of, and because of his recent form feels he can pick up on the cheap and 'reinvigorate' his career to its peak again. He's well known to liking his 'rough gems' and players who want to 'improve themselves' so does this guy come into this bracket?

My main concern would be the same for any foreign player being would he fit in to the english game and he would he personally adapt to the Englsih way of life? Its certainley a gamble which could go either way but hopefully if we could get him on trial then Gary and the team could have a better look at him.

The more I read into this and read the various stats and stories make me think this one could be a serious option...

Sounds like a promising natural striker who has scored good goals in the past few seasons which we all know we need. Plus his recent form etc sounds very similar to that of Nick Carle who struggled when moving to Turkey but ultimately had the talent. Perhaps this is another player Johnson has been told of, and because of his recent form feels he can pick up on the cheap and 'reinvigorate' his career to its peak again. He's well known to liking his 'rough gems' and players who want to 'improve themselves' so does this guy come into this bracket?

My main concern would be the same for any foreign player being would he fit in to the english game and he would he personally adapt to the Englsih way of life? Its certainley a gamble which could go either way but hopefully if we could get him on trial then Gary and the team could have a better look at him.

Exactly what I was thinking. Where is that good man Yessir when you need him.

I've got to say I'm happy to be proved wrong, but if this is accurate I have my doubts on this one.

Firstly, as someone who has never played outside of his native Egypt he would represent a big gamble and if we are as reported contemplating paying £1.5M then we'd be looking for him to deliver straight away, which is huge pressure..

Secondly, the Wikipedia stats on him do seem a bit unlikely, if he really did make his international debut in 2005, to have played 39 internationals by February 2007 as it states must have taken some doing.

GJ and his brother do have a habit of picking up gems from the most unlikely of sources, as Adriano Basso proves, and I have no issue at all with us signing foreign players, such as Marius Niculae for example, the Romanian with current experience of the SPL and who has featured for plenty of other European clubs, but this one just doesn't seem wise to me.

I think he was 19 at the 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship, and he scored Egypts only goal in the tournament against England.

As for the number of caps, the African nations tend to play more internationals than us, just looking at Egypts fixture list over a 10 month period they have played 17 internationals including friendlies.... :o most of them they seem to use players playing in the African leagues and bring out there big guns (players playing in Europe) for the major games e.g World Cup, African Nations Cup and Confederations Cup.

So his stats probably aren't far off. Maybe they also include his youth caps?

I trust Gary Johnson and I am sure as hell more excited about this than Nathan Tyson. Any player who can score 20 international goals to me is a decent player. I think it would be a very interesting signing, showing the ambition of the club to think outside of the box. It was also on the back of the evening post.

Its probably crap but sounds good!

Getting his name on the back of your shirt maybe difficult - plus probably cost more than the actual shirt!!

Not really seeing as the club stated earlier in the close season that it would cost £12 for whatever you have on the back of your shirt....

Last year it was £3 per No. and 75p per letter....

So my little girl had '2' and 'Orr' Total £5.25

Little boy had '15' and 'Enoch' Total £9.75

This year whatever they want will still cost £24......day light robbery !

Archived