IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

this can only be a good thing. that we know what a prize end he is before we wasted money on him. just imagined if he signed and got a few goals before xmas. any prem club showing any interest and he would of been clamouring to get out of the door. toys out the pram the lot.

this can only be a good thing. that we know what a prize end he is before we wasted money on him. just imagined if he signed and got a few goals before xmas. any prem club showing any interest and he would of been clamouring to get out of the door. toys out the pram the lot.

Why is he a bell end milo?? - because his CHAIRMAN said city weren't up to his standard?

Is it because his AGENT leaked this letter (or possibly his CHAIRMAN - again trying to up the price in a bidding war)

I have not seen any comments attributed to the player that in anyway belittles or defames our beloved club.

He MIGHT be a bell end, but we have no evidence in any of the press releases or interviews to suggest as such.

It would be interesting to know what the arabic writing on the fax says - translation anyone ?

It does not say anything interesting..

Something like this.

Writer / Administrator

Monday, 16 June 2008

Al-Ahli received a formal presentation of the club to join Bristol City striker Emad Meteb team to the ranks of the English club from the new season without a test.

The English club made a formal presentation and clear across the marketing company to Egyptian club Al-Ahli, requesting that the annexation player to 5 t £ 1 million paid by Bristol on 3 equal instalments paid every value of 500 thousand pounds sterling.

The winner of the National 500 thousand pounds paid upon signing the player first and the second instalment in March 2009 and the third in September 2009, along with access to Al-Ahli 10% of the value of any transition player another club.

Fax did not reveal the value of what will happen for the player who did not travel with the team to Egypt, Malawi because of injury. Fax management and the granting of civil 5 days to respond to the fax dated June 13, 2008.

The contract ends tired end of next season, the player with the club agreed to quit if he was offered appropriate

Reasonable to assume that Moteab and Niculae were the two 'spinning plates' that we actually placed bids for? Interesting choices - and leaves us lot without any real clue as to where we should look next for potential targets :noexpression: expect the unexpected

Lita? :innocent06:

I read the letter as a matter of concluding the informal enquiries after negotiation and read it as a matter of a done deal - here's the official letter from the club and then asks the agent when he can get his client over here for a medical...

I read the letter as a matter of concluding the informal enquiries after negotiation and read it as a matter of a done deal - here's the official letter from the club and then asks the agent when he can get his client over here for a medical...

Good point.

You would think that a club would hardly say "send him for a medical" if they had no inclination as to whether the bid will be accepted or not.

Hmm I have read it again and you could be on to something.

Online translation is a bit hit and miss, but basically it's "exclusive information about Bristol City" .

Messages from fans saying things like good luck to him and it'll be a big void to fill etc.

Gary going to be back off holiday in time for a friday lunchtime press conference?? :fingerscrossed:

That was my initial reaction too, but have never seen one of these before so maybe that's standard, I was also surprised to see the whole fax so, well, basic really.

I would have expected to see something like "Could you please keep us informed if this offer has been deemed acceptable" but then that could be seen as we may offer more. Maybe the medical quote is more of a confidence/cocky thing or maybe the club knew the club would accept this then it's down to the player to decide, which it looks like is the situation now. I get the feeling he's being lead by his agent (who has mouthed off far to much) and either the agent/player thinks this is a joke (i.e. his client could do far better) or using as bait for more offers, it looks like a bit of both to me. Still, if this is still alive a long way to go yet, medical and the GJ interview.

yes, I agree with all this, just because a faxed offer is made, doesnt mean the club will automatically accept, then send a player over for a medical. The way it is worded suggests it is a written confirmation of a verbal offer, which was already verbally accepted, and we are asking for the player to attend the medical. I have never known the ins and outs of the transfer procedure before, this is quite fascinating!

Can you imagine what a fax would say if it involved cash plus player deals, actually thinking about it, it would probably be very brief and to the point like this one.

Si.

cannot believe this has been leaked!!!

the way i read i think the medical comment may just be standard procedure to tag on the end, not sure its def been accepted. wish i could read all the writing :laugh:.

if he does turn out to be cack at least he has a good website, havent seen that kind of in depth progfiling on stevebrooker.com :laugh:

hope the rumours continued i started this post and its nearly hit 100 woohoo. biggest replies before has been about 5 ha ha

although I'm a big advoicate of trying to get lita back, i think that this could be a great signing. 1.5 mill should be about the kind of miooney we are looking to spend, we are still bristol city after all not a megabucks club. 1.5 mill on a striker and another mill to strengthen the sqaud is enough to show ambition and strengthen the team, without breaking the bank.

lets hope he doesnt turn out to be a toatl d*ckhead like mido and ghaly

cannot believe this has been leaked!!!

the way i read i think the medical comment may just be standard procedure to tag on the end, not sure its def been accepted. wish i could read all the writing :laugh:.

if he does turn out to be cack at least he has a good website, havent seen that kind of in depth progfiling on stevebrooker.com :laugh:

hope the rumours continued i started this post and its nearly hit 100 woohoo. biggest replies before has been about 5 ha ha

although I'm a big advoicate of trying to get lita back, i think that this could be a great signing. 1.5 mill should be about the kind of miooney we are looking to spend, we are still bristol city after all not a megabucks club. 1.5 mill on a striker and another mill to strengthen the sqaud is enough to show ambition and strengthen the team, without breaking the bank.

lets hope he doesnt turn out to be a toatl d*ckhead like mido and ghaly

is this language egyptian?

If you click the next page button on the document link you get pics of city players??? Wish i could speak egyption!!

http://met3bfans.com/ar/index.php?option=c...83&Itemid=2

Yes, Trundle, Brooker and Plummer - his striking partners for next season. And with numbers next to their names, which aside from Brooker, looks a bit like their ages. Certainly not their squad numbers anyway. Very odd...

Archived