IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

Not really seeing as the club stated earlier in the close season that it would cost £12 for whatever you have on the back of your shirt....

Last year it was £3 per No. and 75p per letter....

So my little girl had '2' and 'Orr' Total £5.25

Little boy had '15' and 'Enoch' Total £9.75

This year whatever they want will still cost £24......day light robbery !

Wow - 12 squids is a bit steep just to get someones name and number on your shirt :disapointed2se:

:englandsmile4wf: Come on yessir give us some clues :tumbleweed:

Second top scorer in country 05/06

Top scorer in 06/07

23 goals in 39 international appearances, won last two african nations playing against drogba, toure and the likes.

I couldn't possibly comment.

Top scorer in 06/07

23 goals in 39 international appearances, won last two african nations playing against drogba, toure and the likes.

Well when you put it like that...

Go get him GJ.

:fingerscrossed:

Top scorer in 06/07

Well, you'd know far more than I would.

I just think that a signing from Egypt with no experience outside of that country is a really big gamble, it is a completely different culture, a completely different way of playing the game out there and over here, and aside from the football there is loads else to acclimatise to, the language, weather, etc.

Feel free to resurrect this post if he does sign and has 10 goals by Xmas, though.....

I've got to say I'm happy to be proved wrong, but if this is accurate I have my doubts on this one.

Firstly, as someone who has never played outside of his native Egypt he would represent a big gamble and if we are as reported contemplating paying £1.5M then we'd be looking for him to deliver straight away, which is huge pressure..

Secondly, the Wikipedia stats on him do seem a bit unlikely, if he really did make his international debut in 2005, to have played 39 internationals by February 2007 as it states must have taken some doing.

GJ and his brother do have a habit of picking up gems from the most unlikely of sources, as Adriano Basso proves, and I have no issue at all with us signing foreign players, such as Marius Niculae for example, the Romanian with current experience of the SPL and who has featured for plenty of other European clubs, but this one just doesn't seem wise to me.

African cup of nations - qualifiers and the tournament, world cup qualifiers - its a lot more games than it is in Europe and friendlies - In theory 39 caps could be racked up in 3 years.

Top scorer in 06/07

Ha, Otib's "The Stig"

no comments on the other thread I see, The Marius Niculae one, conflicting rumors on that one.

I don't think that anyone has mentioned that this Emad Meteb was expected to sign for Middlesbrough last summer for £2m, but Southgate decided against signing him after having him on trial. Also on trial at Boro at the same time was Meteb's teammate Mohamed Shawki who Southgate did sign (for £650k), but he didn't make any impact on the Premier League (5 league appearances last season).

I cannot believe that there is no obvious confidentiality clause on this letter - which looks pretty genuine. Normal 'without prejudice' stuff, to allow us to wriggle out if we need to, but no 'tell anyone about this and we'll sue your **** off' clause.

Gotta think that if this is out there - he has no intention of taking the offer up.

I cannot believe that there is no obvious confidentiality clause on this letter - which looks pretty genuine. Normal 'without prejudice' stuff, to allow us to wriggle out if we need to, but no 'tell anyone about this and we'll sue your **** off' clause.

Gotta think that if this is out there - he has no intention of taking the offer up.

I think you're spot on. It seems like the player has turned us down, and that this is simply a ploy to drum up interest in him.

Found some interesting info to back up this "offer"

http://www.soccerarabia.net/english/module...r=0&thold=0

It says in the link above that Emad's team have recieved a faxed offer and confirms his neck injury.

The two links below, one states a value of 5million :noexpression: and it states that city do not suit the "caliber" of a player like Emad......well screw you!! :innocent06:

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162...3693379,00.html

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162...3703041,00.html

That's a bit naughty really. I think I'd be inclined to tell him and his agent to **** off if they can't show the common courtesy of keeping business confidential.

Totally agree, this type of behavior is why i ******* HATE Agents!!!!!!

I don't care how good this player, we should break off negotiation and look elsewhere.

Makes me sick .

Well I now have the agents details, address, fax number. It amazing how you can turn somones world upside down with these few details.

Well....I'm off to annoy this Faisal in ways he's yet to understand... MUAHAAH!!!

Just emailed the club and got a courteous response from Adam Baker.

All he would say is that the club are aware of the letter, but couldn't comment further.

I bet the air is being turned blue in the board room.

Quite rightly so!

There is absolutely no reason that his agent would release this letter unless they are just using it to drum up interest from other parties. Therefore the players' heart cannot be in playing for Bristol City FC which means he certainly isnt a Gary Johnson player anyway.

Thanks for wasting our time Mr Moteab and let the search carry on for someone who has the right attitude :disapointed2se:

Onwards and upwards - CTID

Archived