IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

'Ahli have received a formal bid for Meteb from Bristol City' and the website goes on to list our players and ages, but Brooker isn't 21!

'Bristol City are an English club who did well in their league and finished 4th, although this wasn't good enough to get promoted.'

'Met3bfans.com are aware that Bristol City are going to the Algarve to prepare for the new season, under the guidance of technical manager Gary Johnson'

'Good luck, god willing you Imad'

'Oh lord Imad, I wish you join professional with a stronger club'

And the other comments are indecipherable to Google!

Like has been mentioned when you read it again it seems like negotiations have been done and City are confirming in writing the agreed amount. Remember the other day we had reports were the sticking point was a sell on clause? Maybe this is the conclusion of that disscusion.

If this is a fax to his agent it dosen't mention communication regarding a contract so maybe even that is sorted. Asking when he's avalible for a medical is probably the last step. Anyone know where we hold medicals or what private hospital we use? I think we need to send a sentry! :rolleyes:

The pictures of City players is probably showing players he'll be competing for his place next year (aside Dele, who wouldn't have a official picture yet) and if the translation is correct and the fans are wishing him good luck then i'd say bar the medical it's a done deal.

It could be an interesting few days.........now where's my fez

Like has been mentioned when you read it again it seems like negotiations have been done and City are confirming in writing the agreed amount. Remember the other day we had reports were the sticking point was a sell on clause? Maybe this is the conclusion of that disscusion.

If this is a fax to his agent it dosen't mention communication regarding a contract so maybe even that is sorted. Asking when he's avalible for a medical is probably the last step. Anyone know where we hold medicals or what private hospital we use? I think we need to send a sentry! :rolleyes:

The pictures of City players is probably showing players he'll be competing for his place next year (aside Dele, who wouldn't have a official picture yet) and if the translation is correct and the fans are wishing him good luck then i'd say bar the medical it's a done deal.

It could be an interesting few days.........now where's my fez

I think we will sign him.....just like that....!!

How is his name actually spelt? I've seen the following spellings:

Emad Moteb

Emad Meteb

Emad Moteab

Emad Motaeb

Emad Meteab

Emad Metaeb

Emad Met3eb

Emad Mete3b

Emad Mote3b

Emad Mot3eb

I think i'll settle on Emad Meteb.

emad meteb is correct i think :dunno:

or is he a figment of our imagination who knows :dunno:

• Admin
Arabic doesn't have literal equivalents in English so there is never a definitive version, all translations of it into our language are always an approximation.

I've also seen reports where they've listed his complete name (he has about 6) where none of them are anything like "Meteb", the only one beginning with M being the generic Mohammed.

Hi

First of all I'm Met3bFans.Com(Emad Metaeb's Webiste) Administrator and I will explain to all of you all of the details and the news about Emad (and by the way he's Emad Metaeb but Emad Mohamed Abdelnabie Ibrahim is his full name and I think all of us got full names!!

Firstly, all the translations some of you did is correct...

Al-Ahli received a formal presentation of the club to join Bristol City striker Emad Meteb team to the ranks of the English club from the new season without a test.

The English club made a formal presentation and clear across the marketing company to Egyptian club Al-Ahli, requesting that the annexation player to 5 t £ 1 million paid by Bristol on 3 equal instalments paid every value of 500 thousand pounds sterling.

The winner of the National 500 thousand pounds paid upon signing the player first and the second instalment in March 2009 and the third in September 2009, along with access to Al-Ahli 10% of the value of any transition player another club.

Fax did not reveal the value of what will happen for the player who did not travel with the team to Egypt, Malawi because of injury. Fax management and the granting of civil 5 days to respond to the fax dated June 13, 2008.

The contract ends tired end of next season, the player with the club agreed to quit if he was offered appropriate

And

'Ahli have received a formal bid for Meteb from Bristol City' and the website goes on to list our players and ages, but Brooker isn't 21!

'Bristol City are an English club who did well in their league and finished 4th, although this wasn't good enough to get promoted.'

'Met3bfans.com are aware that Bristol City are going to the Algarve to prepare for the new season, under the guidance of technical manager Gary Johnson'

All of this translations are 100% correct

My Comments:

Emad Metaeb is written like that and also (Emad Met3b) and "3" is equivelant to a letter which doesn't exist in the english dictionary...

1- Metaeb didn't say that the club isn't on his standard and it's all rumors ...Metaeb said that he's totally thinking seriously of the offer and it will be a good transfer to go to "Bristol City".

2-The fax and its story ... the fax has been really leaked but unfortunately it isn't our fault or metaeb's or the agent's ... the fax has been leaked and published everywhere not on our website only

and

Al-Ahly (Metaeb's Club) was disappointed from something like that and it shouldn't happen and this was said by "adly elkei'y" Al-Ahly's responsible ...I'm also very sad about the bad background you took on us not the website but Egypt ...and this accident really happens rarely and at the end it is fax not more it isn't a contract ...

3-Metaeb is now thinking and taking his time to take his decision of going to Bristol or staying in Al-Ahly and not at all saying that it isn't ON HIS STANDARD and if ...if ... it wasn't on his standard he won't say that publically!!it isn't from our traditions nor from the player's behaviour which is known by politness...

4-Lee trundle ...steve brooker ... and plummer are Bristol's striker's (Metaeb's Fellows if he went) and the numbers are their ages and I got these Information from Bristol's Ofiicial website and if Brooker's age isn't correct please infrom me with the right age to change it and i'm sorry for that...

Finally Metaeb is from the best strikers in Egypt and africa and by the way he doesn't play inside Egypt only he has played in (Club's world cup in Japan)two times and scored a goal in the first one.And this is a short biography on Metaeb's career ...

By the way Metaeb had an offer from Man UTD in the Under 21 teams but unforunately it expired after Metaeb having an injury ...and this offer was because of his fantastic performance in the under 21 world cup and scoring a fantaastic goal in England's team.

Biography:

1- In 2004/2005 Emad Met3b won the "Top Goal Scorer" of the league, to be the youngest player ever took this title in the egyptian league.

2- In 2005 Emad occupied the third place between the world's most Goal Scorers!!!!

Championships:

1- African champion league 2005 & 2006

2- African Super Championship 2006 & 2007

3- Egyptian league 2004/2005 & 2005/2006 & 2006/2007 & 2007/2008

4- Egyptian Cup 2005/2006 & 2006/2007

5-Egyptian Super Championship 2005/2006 & 2006/2007

Emad also took the Bronze medal with Al-Ahly in the International Club Championship after Barcelona in the first place and Internacional in the second.

I think everything is clearly explained and any further explainations ...I'm here..

but please let's have a civilised conversation and I know that there was misunderstanding in the subject...

Hi

First of all I'm Met3bFans.Com(Emad Metaeb's Webiste) Administrator and I will explain to all of you all of the details and the news about Emad (and by the way he's Emad Metaeb but Emad Mohamed Abdelnabie Ibrahim is his full name and I think all of us got full names!!

Al-Ahli received a formal presentation of the club to join Bristol City striker Emad Meteb team to the ranks of the English club from the new season without a test.

The English club made a formal presentation and clear across the marketing company to Egyptian club Al-Ahli, requesting that the annexation player to 5 t £ 1 million paid by Bristol on 3 equal instalments paid every value of 500 thousand pounds sterling.

The winner of the National 500 thousand pounds paid upon signing the player first and the second instalment in March 2009 and the third in September 2009, along with access to Al-Ahli 10% of the value of any transition player another club.

Fax did not reveal the value of what will happen for the player who did not travel with the team to Egypt, Malawi because of injury. Fax management and the granting of civil 5 days to respond to the fax dated June 13, 2008.

The contract ends tired end of next season, the player with the club agreed to quit if he was offered appropriate

And

My Comments:

Emad Metaeb is written like that and also (Emad Met3b) and "3" is equivelant to a letter which doesn't exist in the english dictionary...

1- Metaeb didn't say that the club isn't on his standard and it's all rumors ...Metaeb said that he's totally thinking seriously of the offer and it will be a good transfer to go to "Bristol City".

2-The fax and its story ... the fax has been really leaked but unfortunately it isn't our fault or metaeb's or the agent's ... the fax has been leaked and published everywhere not on our website only

and

Al-Ahly (Metaeb's Club) was disappointed from something like that and it shouldn't happen and this was said by "adly elkei'y" Al-Ahly's responsible ...I'm also very sad about the bad background you took on us not the website but Egypt ...and this accident really happens rarely and at the end it is fax not more it isn't a contract ...

3-Metaeb is now thinking and taking his time to take his decision of going to Bristol or staying in Al-Ahly and not at all saying that it isn't ON HIS STANDARD and if ...if ... it wasn't on his standard he won't say that publically!!it isn't from our traditions nor from the player's behaviour which is known by politness...

4-Lee trundle ...steve brooker ... and plummer are Bristol's striker's (Metaeb's Fellows if he went) and the numbers are their ages and I got these Information from Bristol's Ofiicial website and if Brooker's age isn't correct please infrom me with the right age to change it and i'm sorry for that...

Finally Metaeb is from the best strikers in Egypt and africa and by the way he doesn't play inside Egypt only he has played in (Club's world cup in Japan)two times and scored a goal in the first one.And this is a short biography on Metaeb's career ...

By the way Metaeb had an offer from Man UTD in the Under 21 teams but unforunately it expired after Metaeb having an injury ...and this offer was because of his fantastic performance in the under 21 world cup and scoring a fantaastic goal in England's team.

Biography:

1- In 2004/2005 Emad Met3b won the "Top Goal Scorer" of the league, to be the youngest player ever took this title in the egyptian league.

2- In 2005 Emad occupied the third place between the world's most Goal Scorers!!!!

Championships:

Emad also took the Bronze medal with Al-Ahly in the International Club Championship after Barcelona in the first place and Internacional in the second.

I think everything is clearly explained and any further explainations ...I'm here..

but please let's have a civilised conversation and I know that there was misunderstanding in the subject...

Thank you for your time on this subject. Do you have a website link to were Emad has said he would like to goto Bristol City...

• Admin
Hi

And

My Comments:

and

Biography:

Championships:

Thank you very much for coming on here and explaining all that. To be fair, the comment about Bristol City being beneath Met3b's standard was never actually attributed to Emad or his agent in the media reports but to that of the Al-Ahly Chairman. I presume he's not particularly keen on losing his star striker so that is understandable in itself.

For Emad to be considering the move, I presume the fee must meet Al-Ahly's valuation of Met3b which is encouraging. I hope Emad chooses to come here to the home of football and you continue to follow his career through posting on this forum (just as fans of our Australian midfielder Nick Carle do).

If you don't mind, how would you describe Met3b as a striker? What are his main assets and which areas could he improve upon?

Hi

And

My Comments:

and

Biography:

Championships:

Thanks for clearing this up. Sounds like an impressive striker and could provide a decent amount of goals.

Wheres yessir when you need him :tumbleweed:

وقال القيعى - فى تصريح له مساء السبت - ان النادي الانجليزى تقدم بعرض لشراء عماد متعب مهاجم الاهلى بداية من الموسم المقبل مقابل 1.5 مليون جنيه استرلينى، وأن اللاعب لم يتخذ قراره بعد بالموافقة أو رفض العرض.

http://www.yallakora.com/arabic/news/Detai...=1&region=1

And this means that AlKeiay alahly's responsible said that Bristol city has offered to have metaeb and the player is thinking about that and didn't decide yet

And

not that the club isn't on his standard!!!!!

Metaeb's description

Metaeb really has to make his fitness better ...he's a good header and he shoots well ...his movements are fantastic and he understands the players fast and that's all

Well he will become fitter here, we are one of the fittest teams in our league.

The one big issue with taking players from Africa and this was clearly mentioned by Pete Johnson in an interview Adam Baker made with him a few months ago [see BCFC world] is the time away from their clubs.

If I am not mistaken the African Nations Cup is every 2 years and there are a lot of qualifying games. GJ must have taken that into consideration I suppose but its surely a factor in the bid.

Not only Bristol but the English league is very fit ofcourse and sorry for my bad english ^_^

Your english is fine. Thanks for the information, it's very much appreciated. Just a few quick questions if you don't mind:

Do you think Emad will join us?

Mohamed Shawky and Emad Met3b seemed set on joining Middlesborough; how come Shawky did but Met3b didn't?

Do you get much coverage of the english second division (the championship) over in egypt?

I quite like the tactic of getting players who are not fulfilling their previous form and getting them to enjoy football again - and this signing (if it happens) would fit into this bracket (elliott as an example).

On the same lines - if we don't get him (or even if we do) perhaps we can get Patrick Kluivert back to the UK - 32 years old and sitting most matches on Lille's bench.

I quite like the tactic of getting players who are not fulfilling their previous form and getting them to enjoy football again - and this signing (if it happens) would fit into this bracket (elliott as an example).

On the same lines - if we don't get him (or even if we do) perhaps we can get Patrick Kluivert back to the UK - 32 years old and sitting most matches on Lille's bench.

Good point Geoff, but I would point out that the difference between Emad and Elliott is about 1.4m, a BIG gamble.

Good point Geoff, but I would point out that the difference between Emad and Elliott is about 1.4m, a BIG gamble.

But we are going for a bigger prize. We signed Elliott to make us a good championship side - We are now trying to sign Premier League quality players - and if he is Premier League quality (and i trust GJ judgement) then 1.5 million is a bargain

Christ, Kluivert's past makes Lita look like Julie Andrews...........

But we are going for a bigger prize. We signed Elliott to make us a good championship side - We are now trying to sign Premier League quality players - and if he is Premier League quality (and i trust GJ judgement) then 1.5 million is a bargain

Yes agree we are going for a bigger prize. But what Geoff was saying was that GJ signed Elliott, a player whose career, wlthough young, was on a bit of a slide.

What I was alluding to was that gambling 100k is a lot different than gambling 1.5m if the players career is on a continual downward slide. Granted with Elliott, and McCombe for that matter at 15k, it was in THESE INSTANCES like winning the lottery.

Thats not saying that this Emad's career is on the slide, just obviously, 1.5m is a lot lot more than 100k, and therefore the pressure on the coaching staff to make this work is a lot greater.

Archived