IGNORED

Ambtion......johnson And Lansdown Where Is It?

old_man_terry

At the end of last season and after the Wembley defeat all the talk from Johnson and Lansdown was to re-group, strengthen and build for another challenge to push for the Premier League.

In Turn the Fans have continued to dig deep and have smashed Season Ticket Sales Record and put their money where they mouths are expecting and hoping for another succesful season and who knows a real push for promotion again!

What's happened so far.....a quality and much improving Midfielder who in LJ's absence ensured we reached Wembley was sold for a tiny profit and was replaced a midfielder from Ipswich for 100k who apparently is AMAZING - WHEN FIT! but Gary said he had a replacement lined up and to "Trust Him"

Since then nothing......many players names mentioned who then proceed to join other teams, past targets such as Vokes, Garner, Eastwood and Kevin Phillips have all moved to new clubs without either sniff of Interest from City or Johnson saying "they weren't targets for us"

a few names have been seriously linked but for one reason or another the transfers haven't been completed.

It's now 2 weeks till the start of the season, our sole new signing hasn't kicked a ball, Carle's replacement hasn't arrived and there is still no striker we URGENTLY need and all we get from City a month or so later is SILENCE and the famous.....TRUST ME from Johnson.

Well I'm sorry Gary and Steve, We do trust you.......but actions speak louder than words....I'm sure you have enjoyed your many trips to Europe and Africa this summer, but for one reason or another......still NO FORWARDS INCOMING.......

The Fans have shown their Ambition..........WHEN WILL YOU?

Cant believe what ive just read!We have a great' chairman and a great manager were now a respected ccc team, my friend were you at Newport County away in 1982 when we just sang we'll survive well survive? Not truely knowing if we were going to have a football club to support by the end of that week, please keep things into perspective

perhaps my rant made the difference...... :innocent06: (ok maybe not)

Not to put down the story, but I'll believe it when I see it officially on the website..then I'll still hold my breath until I actually see them play.

Did you realise that was a link to the Official Site old boy?!

At the end of last season and after the Wembley defeat all the talk from Johnson and Lansdown was to re-group, strengthen and build for another challenge to push for the Premier League.

In Turn the Fans have continued to dig deep and have smashed Season Ticket Sales Record and put their money where they mouths are expecting and hoping for another succesful season and who knows a real push for promotion again!

What's happened so far.....a quality and much improving Midfielder who in LJ's absence ensured we reached Wembley was sold for a tiny profit and was replaced a midfielder from Ipswich for 100k who apparently is AMAZING - WHEN FIT! but Gary said he had a replacement lined up and to "Trust Him"

Since then nothing......many players names mentioned who then proceed to join other teams, past targets such as Vokes, Garner, Eastwood and Kevin Phillips have all moved to new clubs without either sniff of Interest from City or Johnson saying "they weren't targets for us"

a few names have been seriously linked but for one reason or another the transfers haven't been completed.

It's now 2 weeks till the start of the season, our sole new signing hasn't kicked a ball, Carle's replacement hasn't arrived and there is still no striker we URGENTLY need and all we get from City a month or so later is SILENCE and the famous.....TRUST ME from Johnson.

Well I'm sorry Gary and Steve, We do trust you.......but actions speak louder than words....I'm sure you have enjoyed your many trips to Europe and Africa this summer, but for one reason or another......still NO FORWARDS INCOMING.......

Can't wait for us to unvail our new players, that way we might not have to read this drivel from people who clearly do not have even a modicum of patience or respect for what GJ and SL have achieved at this club in a very short space of time. It's times like these that i hope neither of them read threads like this as god only knows what they would think

Haven't posted or replied much lately and, to be honest, haven't missed it at all.

I've had a quick look on a few occassions but with nothing but speculation & heresay on the transfer front, there hasn't been much to comment on or even talk about.

Having read your post, it would appear to sum up the views of a number of people I've spoken to and a lot of what I've read.

In essence, we'll be kicking off the season with a far weaker squad than we finshed last and our only signing is a player who has played 54 games in the last four seasons scoring 4 goals and spending a great deal of time with the physio.Those are the simple facts.

I love the way people who flounce out of this forum always come back in the end. This post is drivel - team is not 'far weaker' - it is virtually identical and will be considerably stronger by Aug 1 believe me.

I love the way people who flounce out of this forum always come back in the end. This post is drivel - team is not 'far weaker' - it is virtually identical and will be considerably stronger by Aug 1 believe me.

Virtually identical ? Please enlighten me.

PDG

Virtually identical ? Please enlighten me.

PDG

Look, we're going to have signings in the bag next week. Does this not make you happy or does nothing the club do make you happy?

As for wellred's 'virtually identical' quote, i would agree with him. We have let players go who rarely featured last season (excluding Carle) and therefore the core of the side will be the same next season.

Look, we're going to have signings in the bag next week. Does this not make you happy or does nothing the club do make you happy?

As for wellred's 'virtually identical' quote, i would agree with him. We have let players go who rarely featured last season (excluding Carle) and therefore the core of the side will be the same next season.

And whats your basis for making that statement ?

I`ll save my happy clapping for when we know who we`ve signed.

PDG

And whats your basis for making that statement ?

I`ll save my happy clapping for when we know who we`ve signed.

PDG

That statement is based on the negative comments that you have aimed at the club despite the Meteb situation being completely out their hands and the criticism about the Mifsud deal, despite the fact that the club thought he was happy with the deal when he walked away from the negotiations, and general lack of activity despite the Johnson saying that there are irons in the fire and signings will be made. Notwithstanding the tremendous progress the club has made, and continues to make, that never seems to be recognised by people like yourself and various others on this forum. You say that you've supported City for the best part of 40 years, so unless you stopped supporting them in 82 you will remember the all time low that the club was at and surely recognise that the club has never been in better shape than right now. Have some faith and understanding that things do not happen overnight and we have some very competent people in charge of this club and, in my opinion, people like yourself are being very very shortsighted.

That statement is based on the negative comments that you have aimed at the club despite the Meteb situation being completely out their hands and the criticism about the Mifsud deal, despite the fact that the club thought he was happy with the deal when he walked away from the negotiations, and general lack of activity despite the Johnson saying that there are irons in the fire and signings will be made. Notwithstanding the tremendous progress the club has made, and continues to make, that never seems to be recognised by people like yourself and various others on this forum. You say that you've supported City for the best part of 40 years, so unless you stopped supporting them in 82 you will remember the all time low that the club was at and surely recognise that the club has never been in better shape than right now. Have some faith and understanding that things do not happen overnight and we have some very competent people in charge of this club and, in my opinion, people like yourself are being very very shortsighted.

Having obvously read my posts you seem to have chosen to only highlight the points you want to.

I defend my right to raise questions if i think there are questions to be asked and the handling of the Meteb deal raised some questions for me, and i wasn`t the only one. If you have a problem with that then i suggest its your problem, not mine, so just hit the ignore button for both our sakes.

PDG

Having obvously read my posts you seem to have chosen to only highlight the points you want to.

I defend my right to raise questions if i think there are questions to be asked and the handling of the Meteb deal raised some questions for me, and i wasn`t the only one. If you have a problem with that then i suggest its your problem, not mine, so just hit the ignore button for both our sakes.

PDG

No one said you were unable to speak your mind. I'm simply pointing out to you that i feel you are over reacting to a situation that essentially doesn't exist. For example there is every chance that we will be sat here next week with both Meteb and Mifsud safely procured and for that reason there is no need to criticise the club until such deals are categorically dead. Therefore the criticism aimed at the club and its handling of this situations in my eyes is completely unjust.

You say what you want and i say what i want. That's how it works on here so i won't be hitting the ignore button on anybody. We obviously just see things completely differently.

I really wonder sometimes whether SOME of you deserve Gary Johnson and Steve Lansdown. Johnson has barely put a foot wrong in the three years he's been there; he got us up twice in four seasons, he almost got you up twice in three; you have a rich, ambitious chairman who supports your manager from the wallet; the prospect of a bright, new exciting stadium on the horizon and the chance to be packed out most matches next season.

For "little ambition", you should take a look at BS7 before you criticise folk closer to home. Now that is something worth grumbling about. If I were a City fan, I'd cringe at some of the posts on this thread. The ######ing season doesn't start for another two weeks yet.... :rolleyes:

No one said you were unable to speak your mind. I'm simply pointing out to you that i feel you are over reacting to a situation that essentially doesn't exist. For example there is every chance that we will be sat here next week with both Meteb and Mifsud safely procured and for that reason there is no need to criticise the club until such deals are categorically dead. Therefore the criticism aimed at the club and its handling of this situations in my eyes is completely unjust.

You say what you want and i say what i want. That's how it works on here so i won't be hitting the ignore button on anybody. We obviously just see things completely differently.

If you think we`re going to have Meteb then your the one thats very shortsighted.

PDG

If you think we`re going to have Meteb then your the one thats very shortsighted.

PDG

Having just read another thread regarding Mifsud's impending signature and where GJ was quoted about Meteb, i accept that its unlikely Meteb will sign. In which case we will be sat here next week with Mifsud and A N Other as our new strikers. I'm happy with that personally.

Having just read another thread regarding Mifsud's impending signature and where GJ was quoted about Meteb, i accept that its unlikely Meteb will sign. In which case we will be sat here next week with Mifsud and A N Other as our new strikers. I'm happy with that personally.

And so would i, i just would have been happier had we been able to sort this out a couple of weeks ago. There you go. Another statement for you to have a go at me about.

PDG

One thing is for sure - if no new signings arrive before 8th August lots of City fans will feel that they have been duped.

those with half a brain presumably

100% agree Carle, Vasko Byfiled and Enoch out - Brooker Williams, Myrie-Williams in and the academy players are a year older - complete nonsense to say the squad if far weaker - and gj is not finished yet!!

I really wonder sometimes whether SOME of you deserve Gary Johnson and Steve Lansdown. Johnson has barely put a foot wrong in the three years he's been there; he got us up twice in four seasons, he almost got you up twice in three; you have a rich, ambitious chairman who supports your manager from the wallet; the prospect of a bright, new exciting stadium on the horizon and the chance to be packed out most matches next season.

For "little ambition", you should take a look at BS7 before you criticise folk closer to home. Now that is something worth grumbling about. If I were a City fan, I'd cringe at some of the posts on this thread. The ######ing season doesn't start for another two weeks yet.... :rolleyes:

At last some common sense and it had to come from yeovilmac. there are certain people on this forum who need there heads examined in my opinion. Some of the comments I have read in recent days have been down right disrespectfull to Gary J. and Steve L. We are now going to start our 2nd season in the championship after promotion from L1. Its time to bite your lips and see what happens in the next few weeks and months. There will be ups and downs, good times and bad times, but as fans we all must stick together and that means not questioning the integrity of your manager and chairman. Especially at this time. I post this with deepest respect for our Manager and chairman.

"so say" have them in the bag next week, I'll wait until the are actually signed and offically sealed until I go getting Exciting.

according to Gary a week or so back, Meteb was a SIGNED BRISTOL CITY PLAYER, but that obviously wasn't the case, now low and behold the day for the Annual Open Day, he decides to annouce 2 players will be signed any day........coincidence? Maybe.......but probably not, if nothing else he's buying himself some time because he know he could get a hard time today otherwise.

personally........I'll believe the signings when I see them an judge then, not get excited over some more "Spin"

"so say" have them in the bag next week, I'll wait until the are actually signed and offically sealed until I go getting Exciting.

according to Gary a week or so back, Meteb was a SIGNED BRISTOL CITY PLAYER, but that obviously wasn't the case, now low and behold the day for the Annual Open Day, he decides to annouce 2 players will be signed any day........coincidence? Maybe.......but probably not, if nothing else he's buying himself some time because he know he could get a hard time today otherwise.

personally........I'll believe the signings when I see them an judge then, not get excited over some more "Spin"

And how exactly would it be Johnsons fault or anyone elses fault at our club if Meteab doesn't sign now?

Johnson made it crystal clear to him and his club that he wasn't to play in that match, what else is he to say to the player who totally went against his word.

What exactly do you want from the best chairman and manager combination we have had since the 70's, because it seems whatever they do or try and do it's never enough for some.

I really don't know what more they can be doing to get the right signings here for the start of the season, sure we would have all liked to have signed four or five new players by July 1st, but, it doesn't happen like that, any available player will wait for the best deal for himself, not when Terry demands it.

For a man of your age, you really should know how this works by now, I'm even more suprised that some of the older generation of our fans seem to be more pushy on new signings than the younger ones. Gary Johnson and his staff know this game better than anyone on here, let him be the judge on new signings.

At last some common sense and it had to come from yeovilmac. there are certain people on this forum who need there heads examined in my opinion. Some of the comments I have read in recent days have been down right disrespectfull to Gary J. and Steve L. We are now going to start our 2nd season in the championship after promotion from L1. Its time to bite your lips and see what happens in the next few weeks and months. There will be ups and downs, good times and bad times, but as fans we all must stick together and that means not questioning the integrity of your manager and chairman. Especially at this time. I post this with deepest respect for our Manager and chairman.

i was there in 82 and have a long memory.We are in the best shape as a club that i can remember due to. 1 a chairman that will keep our finances sustainable.

2.A manager that will bring in the players with the right attitude,for the right price.

If those critics of either chairman or manager cant see these points as the most important basics then they were obviously not there in 82.

The metaeb deal has been extraordinary in the history of our beloved club, i for one am gutted that it didnt happen ,but we must move on from this. I believe that we have the nucleus of a squad that will fight to the last for the gaffer and club, what more do the critics want from these players ? i for one don't want big time charlies that are only after the money.

its time to get behind the club now, iknow we are all dissapointed with the summer debacle, but blaming GJ and SL for these problems is not the way forward imo.

I am a realist and beleive we are STILL in good shape to compete at this level.GJ and SL deserve better than the stick they are getting at the moment. I BELEIVE

I haven't flounced anywhere.Vasko & Carle have gone, McCombe's got shin splints as per last pre-season, Fontaine's injured, although hopefully on the way back and McAllister got what looked a worrying injury at Bmth yesterday.

Byfield & Showunmi are gone and Carle's replacement hasn't kicked a ball yet.JMW got great experience at Tranmere last season, but I can't see him getting in ahead of McIndoe.Perhaps GJ considers him as a pacey striker :dunno: , although GJ has shown himself more of a signer than a developer in his time here.

If you're depending on Brooker to stay fit, that's a major hope.

I hope that we do sign two quality strikers (replace Jevons, Showunmi & Byfield from last season), followed by a creative midfielder (Replace Carle), a centre half (Replace Vasko & probably Keogh), a left back (Compete with McAllister and avoid Fontaine shifting from CH in the event of injury) & a right winger (Compete with Sproule who was a major disappointment last season and replace Betsy, who may be leaving & Murray, who's no more than an impact player and who was disappointing at the end of last season).

With Russell & Slocombe gone (2) plus ES, DB, NC, TV (4) & probably RK that's about seven out and six in which, if the signings are right, would increase the quality if not the quantity and it's not me saying that we don't have enough Championship players, it's GJ.

One of the points I've made, that you've chosen to avoid, it the time needed to settle players in and get their "mentality" right-That, according to GJ, took the vast majority of last season with Trundle.

I hope you're right about Aug 1st :fingerscrossed:

Why don't you just stick to the point of the thread? If this guy's got a different view state yours.

100% agree Carle, Vasko Byfiled and Enoch out - Brooker Williams, Myrie-Williams in and the academy players are a year older - complete nonsense to say the squad if far weaker - and gj is not finished yet!!

First of all, nobody said GJ was finshed.

So that would be Brooker (twenty odd games and hardly any goals in two seasons), Williams (Hasn't kicked a ball yet and hasn't for the last two seasons) and JMW who's never played at this level?

To be frank, as I've said, I hope Williams is the bargain of the century, Brooker, a fine striker when fit & on form and arguably the best we have on his day, stays fit & on form and JMW has put on a stone of muscle, five stones of maturity and a yard of pace!

It's a hope however, like the poster, I'm undewhelmed by our efforts (or more the result of them) to date and look forward to being surprised & overwhlemed next week.

Tel, I don't know what line of work you are in ? but £700k profit in 6 months is not tiny to most people

in football terms though, 700k profit for a player who could make the difference to promotion to the prem or not........IS NOT A TIDY PROFIT

UOTE (megansdad @ Jul 26 2008, 10:45 PM)

Why don't you just stick to the point of the thread? If this guy's got a different view state yours.

I did

First of all, nobody said GJ was finshed.

but that's the whole point people are moaning as if we have

a tried and failed

b finished

c had no ambition in the first place which is clearly complete nonsense

So that would be Brooker (twenty odd games and hardly any goals in two seasons), Williams (Hasn't kicked a ball yet and hasn't for the last two seasons) and JMW who's never played at this level?

that was last season - Brooker has had a rough time with injury he is now through it

To be frank, as I've said, I hope Williams is the bargain of the century, Brooker, a fine striker when fit & on form and arguably the best we have on his day, stays fit & on form and JMW has put on a stone of muscle, five stones of maturity and a yard of pace!

It's a hope however, like the poster, I'm undewhelmed by our efforts (or more the result of themat least you recognise we have been trying which implies no lack of ambition which is the title of the thread in case it had escaped you[b]) to date and look forward to being surprised & overwhlemed next week.

exactly what planet are you on ????????????????? gj and sl the 2 best things to happen to OUR club for years .

Archived