IGNORED

Ambtion......johnson And Lansdown Where Is It?

old_man_terry

exactly what planet are you on ????????????????? gj and sl the 2 best things to happen to OUR club for years .

re-read the posting and please explain you view........

what is it with you bandwagon jumpers? if you have a view.....make it, don't just result to insults.

"so say" have them in the bag next week, I'll wait until the are actually signed and offically sealed until I go getting Exciting.

according to Gary a week or so back, Meteb was a SIGNED BRISTOL CITY PLAYER, but that obviously wasn't the case, now low and behold the day for the Annual Open Day, he decides to annouce 2 players will be signed any day........coincidence? Maybe.......but probably not, if nothing else he's buying himself some time because he know he could get a hard time today otherwise.

personally........I'll believe the signings when I see them an judge then, not get excited over some more "Spin"

Terry, you seem a very cynical sort to me. The Meteb deal was extraordinary circumstances. You only have to listen to what Steve Bruce was saying about signing the Egyptian lad for Wigan a week or so ago to understand that these people, and yes it is stereotyping, are on another planet to us. They appear to be very reactive people who bear very little consideration for their actions in mind. Hence why Meteb was cajouled by his club into playing last week because they just don't have the morality that we have and quite frankly he didn't give a ###### what he was doing. Nothing, absolutely nothing, the club could have done about that so in my eyes they are totally blameless. If you tell another human being not to do something and they do it, there's only one person to blame.

And if you are referring to Johnson's 'two players to sign soon' as spin and trying to buy himself some time, then you need to learn to trust people. The Meteb deal has clearly fallen on its ass, so Johnson has immediately got back out there and tried to sign someone else. Its hardly resting on your laurels stuff now is it? The club are doing all they can and pretty soon we will be furnished with a squad that will fire us to promotion this coming season and you doubters will be proved wrong, of that i am 100% sure.

Guest MaloneFM

Spoke to Coln Sexcase. Just so no-one says about naming sources.

Meteb speaks good conversational English. The deal was on but wasn't signed. Faxes were put on the internet with Bristol City headings all over them with deatails of all the conditions discussed. One of these conditions was that he never plays in Egypt again.

When sir Steve got the phoine call from GJ on the saturday night to say he was playing the full 90 minutes depite being told not to or the deal is in doubt, it was effectivley off.

Mitsud has been down here with his agent, his wife and uncle Tom Cobbley and as it stands is signing tomorrow with full press hoo hah.

There is another player lined up. Non English, not a big name for next week. He wouldn't say who. Fair enough.

Who had heard of Basso before he came here either?

Spoke to Coln Sexcase. Just so no-one says about naming sources.

Meteb speaks good conversational English. The deal was on but wasn't signed. Faxes were put on the internet with Bristol City headings all over them with deatails of all the conditions discussed. One of these conditions was that he never plays in Egypt again.

When sir Steve got the phoine call from GJ on the saturday night to say he was playing the full 90 minutes depite being told not to or the deal is in doubt, it was effectivley off.

Mitsud has been down here with his agent, his wife and uncle Tom Cobbley and as it stands is signing tomorrow with full press hoo hah.

There is another player lined up. Non English, not a big name for next week. He wouldn't say who. Fair enough.

Who had heard of Basso before he came here either?

Succinct summary Mr Malone sir. Would only add that Steve made it clear both Meteb and his club agreed and understood he would not play last week.

I really wonder sometimes whether SOME of you deserve Gary Johnson and Steve Lansdown. Johnson has barely put a foot wrong in the three years he's been there; he got us up twice in four seasons, he almost got you up twice in three; you have a rich, ambitious chairman who supports your manager from the wallet; the prospect of a bright, new exciting stadium on the horizon and the chance to be packed out most matches next season.

For "little ambition", you should take a look at BS7 before you criticise folk closer to home. Now that is something worth grumbling about. If I were a City fan, I'd cringe at some of the posts on this thread. The ######ing season doesn't start for another two weeks yet.... :rolleyes:

VERY GOOD WORDS. i have to admit, i do cringe at some of my fellow city fans. To have such a great manager and chairman, we are very lucky, I'm sure you as a yeovil fan wish you still had GJ? We are on the up, and it will continue has long as GJ is manager.

Indeed, this forum or any forum can never been seen as a true demographic representation of City fans opinion , while being an excellent source of entertainment, forums are used to vent aggro, flame, bait and bite. OTIB is a master in this regard and should be applauded, but never ever take anything too seriously on here or you'll end up a wreck and speaking in caps to try to get sense across..

VERY GOOD WORDS. i have to admit, i do cringe at some of my fellow city fans. To have such a great manager and chairman, we are very lucky, I'm sure you as a yeovil fan wish you still had GJ? We are on the up, and it will continue has long as GJ is manager.

Hi Riaz,

I'd be mad to deny that I would have GJ back. Of course I would. In a funny way, I wish he'd gone to a club hundreds of miles away rather than a club based in the city I live...it's a bit like your missus leaving you and shacking up with a bloke down the road. If she'd moved a long distance, you'd rarely bump into her.... :noexpression:

Gary made up his mind that he'd taken us as far as he could and left. I wish him, and you, all the best, he's a decent bloke really. Any Yeovil fan, or City for that matter, is mistaken if they say anything else.

At the end of last season and after the Wembley defeat all the talk from Johnson and Lansdown was to re-group, strengthen and build for another challenge to push for the Premier League.

In Turn the Fans have continued to dig deep and have smashed Season Ticket Sales Record and put their money where they mouths are expecting and hoping for another succesful season and who knows a real push for promotion again!

What's happened so far.....a quality and much improving Midfielder who in LJ's absence ensured we reached Wembley was sold for a tiny profit and was replaced a midfielder from Ipswich for 100k who apparently is AMAZING - WHEN FIT! but Gary said he had a replacement lined up and to "Trust Him"

Since then nothing......many players names mentioned who then proceed to join other teams, past targets such as Vokes, Garner, Eastwood and Kevin Phillips have all moved to new clubs without either sniff of Interest from City or Johnson saying "they weren't targets for us"

a few names have been seriously linked but for one reason or another the transfers haven't been completed.

It's now 2 weeks till the start of the season, our sole new signing hasn't kicked a ball, Carle's replacement hasn't arrived and there is still no striker we URGENTLY need and all we get from City a month or so later is SILENCE and the famous.....TRUST ME from Johnson.

Well I'm sorry Gary and Steve, We do trust you.......but actions speak louder than words....I'm sure you have enjoyed your many trips to Europe and Africa this summer, but for one reason or another......still NO FORWARDS INCOMING.......

The Fans have shown their Ambition..........WHEN WILL YOU?

Gary Johnson must get some sort of perverse enjoyment in proving his doubters wrong, judging by the regularity he does it.

Ambition? The first one was to get into the Championship - tick. Then to push for the Premier League - tick.

When this club has top class training facilities, a super-stadium and have established ourselves as a competitive club, your comments here will look daft.

Enjoy the signings this week.

We only lacked goals really last year, and with two new strikers and trundle starting to find his (magic daps?) feet, and Dele putting in shifts we have a great chance of a playoff position, what the hell more do people want?

Personally my only criticism is I think we should tap into the loan market. Man United have kids like Cathcart Rodrigo Gibson Cleverly Campbell Simpson Martin Eagles Welbeck who really are top quality, a couple would be great to bulk up the squad. For me, Cathcart at CB and Gibson at CM are outstanding, as are Campbell and Welbeck up top.

Why the heck don't we throw a million at Utd for Eagles like Burnley, he has the perfect game for us, slot in perfectly on the right (or left).

Gary Johnson must get some sort of perverse enjoyment in proving his doubters wrong, judging by the regularity he does it.

Ambition? The first one was to get into the Championship - tick. Then to push for the Premier League - tick.

When this club has top class training facilities, a super-stadium and have established ourselves as a competitive club, your comments here will look daft.

Enjoy the signings this week.

if/when signings take place, praise will be given no doubt

as for what happens in the future with Training Grounds, New Grounds etc.......that is irrelevent.....I'm talking about the present.

as for what happens in the future with Training Grounds, New Grounds etc.......that is irrelevent.....I'm talking about the present.

No you're not, of course you're talking about the future, about ambition - ie what we're trying to achieve going forwards. If you want to consider the present, well you're only as good as your last game - which was the final of the play-offs to get to the Premier League. Not too bad. So I think Gary and Steve win that one.

As for the training ground and stadium, well of course that shows ambition. And again, if you want to anchor it to the present, the training ground is not far off being ready. And if you're not excited by the stadium then I don't know what to do with you.

I think you're getting a bit carried away with your expectations of us. Not that there's anything wrong with aiming high, of course not, but at present you're acting like a Leeds or Forest fan!

Of course it's not irrelevent. Ambition surely is about the future?

Bit of a contradiction there.

Why didn't you come and air your views about the club's lack of ambition at the Open Day yesterday?

Because you would've looked like a lunatic?

Of course it's not irrelevent. Ambition surely is about the future?

Bit of a contradiction there.

Why didn't you come and air your views about the club's lack of ambition at the Open Day yesterday?

Because you would've looked like a lunatic?

What we all have to recognise is that if we won the Premier League to some people the trophy wouldn't have been shiny enough, or the tassles on the trophy weren't the right colour, or we are bound to struggle in the Champions League next year if that Johnson doesn't show some ambition and buy some decent players. In simple terms, some people are never happy. And to suggest that we lack ambition when we have made such tremendous strides in the last two and half years is ridiculous. To say we lack ambition now when the club has clearly stated that they are out there looking at bringing players in is just being completely shortsighted. I can see the ambition, and judging by the responses on here to Old Man Terry's original question, so can plenty of others but some,well what can you say.... :noexpression:

Long Term Ambition - Stadium, New Training Ground........etc

Short Term Ambition - Signing Forwards to enhance the the playing squad with an immeidiate effect.

They want to push for promotion this season.......that was the words at the start of the season, which was relevant to my view at the time of the intial posting and at this moment in time.

Short Term Ambition - Signing Forwards to enhance the the playing squad with an immeidiate effect.

Still contradictory though - both are in the future.

Accusing SteveL and Gary Johnson of lacking ambition is about the most unsupportable and illogical thing I've ever read on this forum.

We're talking about a chairman here who:

- Plans a 30-40k stadium

- Builds a multi million pound training facility complete next month

- Has a track record of backing every manager with hard cash

- Invest 7 figures annually

And a manager who has won promotion in 4 seasons out of the last 6, has demonstrated time and again he is unafraid of making hard decisions, and has improved the first team squad year on year as well as every other aspect of the footballing side of the club.

That doesn't mean they're beyond question but they've certainly earned the benefit of the doubt, not miserable "fans" turning on them just because we haven't splashed out millions on strikers.

If anything we're suffering from too much ambition in the transfer market trying deals right on the edge of what is achievable for a club in our position.

They want to push for promotion this season.......that was the words at the start of the season, which was relevant to my view at the time of the intial posting and at this moment in time.

Yes but Terry you don't seem to be taking any of the facts into consideration. We WILL be signing forwards and that was stated at the time of your first post on this thread, so making your comments irrelevant as they had clearly spoken of the clubs ambition. It's a bit like Man U or Liverpool fans having a pop at Ferguson and Benitez because of the lack of signings so far. They're coming it just takes time and the fans there understand that and so do most people here. You seem like you are living for the moment and anything outside of that is to be ignored, such as the facts. Or are you going to focus on the 'immediate effect' comment, which would be clutching at straws in my opinion?

Patience is a virtue...........

If anything we're suffering from too much ambition in the transfer market trying deals right on the edge of what is achievable for a club in our position.

:clapping:

I'd rather we started out chasing the quality of striker we are currently being linked with and risk not getting one of them than go straight for an easy signing and miss out on the chance of some real quality.

Worst case scenario is we can go for another Byfield type signing in a couple of weeks time and pick up the chase for quality again in January or next summer.

:clapping:

I'd rather we started out chasing the quality of striker we are currently being linked with and risk not getting one of them than go straight for an easy signing and miss out on the chance of some real quality.

Worst case scenario is we can go for another Byfield type signing in a couple of weeks time and pick up the chase for quality again in January or next summer.

Indeed.

And if we miss out on Mifsud maybe SteveL will re-evaluate the prices quoted for other players they've enquired after.

If I were a City fan, I'd cringe at some of the posts on this thread. The ######ing season doesn't start for another two weeks yet.... :rolleyes:

You are right, I am cringing at some of the comments which have been made.

Speaking personally, I was critical of GJ when he first came and took us through a record breaking losing run, and critical of SL - and the City regime in general - when I thought that the fans weren't being listened to.

Since then however things have changed enormously and everyone at Ashton Gate deserve nothing but praise for where we have come from, where we look as though we could be heading, and the unity at the club between management and fans - fostered in no small part let it be said by the sterling work of the Supporters Trust.

Johnson has proved he knows what he's doing, and yet some fans still question him, before, as you say, the season has even started.

Talk of "lack of ambition", fans "being duped", etc is just ludicrous, thankfully though uttered by a very small minority of posters who clearly like to take a contrary view for whatever reason.

Could go get Danny Graham or David Healey...or Derek Riordan :P

All available.

OR we could go and up the bids for the strikers we've bid for and haven't moved

Lots of options. When we run out of options, i.e. time, then moan if you're unhappy. As i keep saying i'm not bothered yet although it's disappointing to miss out on players i feel would be good for us.

As i keep saying i'm not bothered yet although it's disappointing to miss out on players i feel would be good for us.

and YET another player we have missed out on because after nearly a week of having a bid accepted "he wasn't right for us"

I'm beginning to feel for Steve L, he keeps getting his cheque book out writing the cheque.....just about to sign it.......throws it in the bin

and YET another player we have missed out on because after nearly a week of having a bid accepted "he wasn't right for us"

I'm beginning to feel for Steve L, he keeps getting his cheque book out writing the cheque.....just about to sign it.......throws it in the bin

SteveL signed cheques to the value of nearly £4m last season. That fact makes your view appear somewhat moronic.

I think it's quite obvious that I'm talking about transfer fee and cheques for deals over the course of the last week, not the past.

I think it's quite obvious that the past investment made by SteveL and the past signings made by GJ show them to be deserving of far more faith than you seem capable of.

I think it's quite obvious that I'm talking about transfer fee and cheques for deals over the course of the last week, not the past.

I do hope you aren't revelling in this Mifsud situation so you can say 'i told you so', because the potential £3m in transfer fees that the club was prepared to shell out for what turned out to be two mis-fits clearly demonstrates the clubs ambition and clearly demonstrates your lack of understanding of what the club are trying to do.

I do hope you aren't revelling in this Mifsud situation so you can say 'i told you so', because the potential £3m in transfer fees that the club was prepared to shell out for what turned out to be two mis-fits clearly demonstrates the clubs ambition and clearly demonstrates your lack of understanding of what the club are trying to do.

it's nothing to do with "i told you so" more to do with..........we are still waiting for a striker as we have been all season, people say.........oh but we have until August 31st, YES we do, but with only one pre-season game to go we are seriously running out of time to intergrate a new forward into our squad, which means we will be having vital league games where the "team needs to gel" excuse will no doubt come out.......

I think it's quite obvious that the past investment made by SteveL and the past signings made by GJ show them to be deserving of far more faith than you seem capable of.

yes, there is faith, but there is also Blind Faith.........we have been trying to find a goal scoring type of player for god knows how long, there was no luck in jan and at end of May.......nearly 2 months ago.....we were told whatever league we were in, we had a list of targets.....just over 11 days till start of season, still nothing.

it's easy for many to lose faith......

Archived