IGNORED

Ambtion......johnson And Lansdown Where Is It?

old_man_terry

At the end of last season and after the Wembley defeat all the talk from Johnson and Lansdown was to re-group, strengthen and build for another challenge to push for the Premier League.

In Turn the Fans have continued to dig deep and have smashed Season Ticket Sales Record and put their money where they mouths are expecting and hoping for another succesful season and who knows a real push for promotion again!

What's happened so far.....a quality and much improving Midfielder who in LJ's absence ensured we reached Wembley was sold for a tiny profit and was replaced a midfielder from Ipswich for 100k who apparently is AMAZING - WHEN FIT! but Gary said he had a replacement lined up and to "Trust Him"

Since then nothing......many players names mentioned who then proceed to join other teams, past targets such as Vokes, Garner, Eastwood and Kevin Phillips have all moved to new clubs without either sniff of Interest from City or Johnson saying "they weren't targets for us"

a few names have been seriously linked but for one reason or another the transfers haven't been completed.

It's now 2 weeks till the start of the season, our sole new signing hasn't kicked a ball, Carle's replacement hasn't arrived and there is still no striker we URGENTLY need and all we get from City a month or so later is SILENCE and the famous.....TRUST ME from Johnson.

Well I'm sorry Gary and Steve, We do trust you.......but actions speak louder than words....I'm sure you have enjoyed your many trips to Europe and Africa this summer, but for one reason or another......still NO FORWARDS INCOMING.......

The Fans have shown their Ambition..........WHEN WILL YOU?

Questioning Lansdown and Johnson's ambition?

I think I've seen it all now on this forum during the summer. That is embarassing, really. Go down to he Open Day tomorrow and watch Steve L's presentation. There's your ambition.

Until that new stadium gets built I'm afaid we are small fry in this division. You, and many others, would do well to remember that.

No doubt the potential is there, but Rome wasn't built in a day. In fairness Johnson is giving it a bloody good go mind.

Ambition? New training ground, New 30000 stadium in the offing, 2 record bid/deals to bring in strikers. As to what is happening with these deals your guess is as good as mine but if Lansdown is willing to put the money forward I would say that is ambition. Johnson will only bring in the right players to the squad and he doesnt do this lightly.

Johnson will only bring in the right players to the squad and he doesnt do this lightly.

Quite right to - but some fans are getting frustrated and the lack of new faces at AG especially with the season only two weeks away.

The club have a policy of not commenting on transfer specualtion which adds to the fans frustration. With no info at all forthcoming from AG all fans do is wildly speculate about almost every availble player.

One thing is for sure - if no new signings arrive before 8th August lots of City fans will feel that they have been duped.

At the end of last season and after the Wembley defeat all the talk from Johnson and Lansdown was to re-group, strengthen and build for another challenge to push for the Premier League.

In Turn the Fans have continued to dig deep and have smashed Season Ticket Sales Record and put their money where they mouths are expecting and hoping for another succesful season and who knows a real push for promotion again!

What's happened so far.....a quality and much improving Midfielder who in LJ's absence ensured we reached Wembley was sold for a tiny profit and was replaced a midfielder from Ipswich for 100k who apparently is AMAZING - WHEN FIT! but Gary said he had a replacement lined up and to "Trust Him"

Since then nothing......many players names mentioned who then proceed to join other teams, past targets such as Vokes, Garner, Eastwood and Kevin Phillips have all moved to new clubs without either sniff of Interest from City or Johnson saying "they weren't targets for us"

a few names have been seriously linked but for one reason or another the transfers haven't been completed.

It's now 2 weeks till the start of the season, our sole new signing hasn't kicked a ball, Carle's replacement hasn't arrived and there is still no striker we URGENTLY need and all we get from City a month or so later is SILENCE and the famous.....TRUST ME from Johnson.

Well I'm sorry Gary and Steve, We do trust you.......but actions speak louder than words....I'm sure you have enjoyed your many trips to Europe and Africa this summer, but for one reason or another......still NO FORWARDS INCOMING.......

:disapointed2se: May I suggest you wait for the whole story before giving a verdict; we are not, and shouldnt be privy to transfer negotations; I somehow feel GJ knows what we need and constant sniping at him could see him soon heading for the exit; and I wouldnt blame him :disapointed2se:

Quite right to - but some fans are getting frustrated and the lack of new faces at AG especially with the season only two weeks away.

The club have a policy of not commenting on transfer specualtion which adds to the fans frustration. With no info at all forthcoming from AG all fans do is wildly speculate about almost every availble player.

One thing is for sure - if no new signings arrive before 8th August lots of City fans will feel that they have been duped.

I understand why the club keep it quiet from start to finish. We have a grade A example of it with Meteb, the deal has been in the open from the start. There was no need for us to know before the unveiling last week but the faxes from us that have made it onto the internet just goes to show how unproffessional the Eygptians have been.

If we do not have anymore signings by the 8th Aug it will not be for the lack of trying by GJ and his back room staff. I personally think GJ is doing everything he can do to bring in the players he WANTS. There is no point bringing players in for the sake of it.

The old saying is "things come to those who wait"

Haven't posted or replied much lately and, to be honest, haven't missed it at all.

I've had a quick look on a few occassions but with nothing but speculation & heresay on the transfer front, there hasn't been much to comment on or even talk about.

Having read your post, it would appear to sum up the views of a number of people I've spoken to and a lot of what I've read.

In essence, we'll be kicking off the season with a far weaker squad than we finshed last and our only signing is a player who has played 54 games in the last four seasons scoring 4 goals and spending a great deal of time with the physio.Those are the simple facts.

Now, don't get me wrong, I never judge a player until I've seen him play and this time last season there were those who were asking why we'd signed an unknown midfielder from Millwall, so I truly hope the boys' injuries are behind him and he's the bargain of the century.

In simple terms, he's replaced Carle, we've made about £600k on the deal overall and saved a pile on wages.

However, it's now about two weeks before the season starts and we've got three strikers including one who's injury prone.A player that was unveiled as a £1.5m signing, apparently wasn't signed at all and his "wave goodbye at the local derby" was the longest in known history.

Our club looks foolish to say the least and this is a major emabrrassment however it pans out.

The deal for Mifsud isn't dead & buried but it doesn't look great either.Even if he signs, we'll be left with four strikers and, given Brookers' injury record and the goals that LT scored last season, we don't look full of goals...........again!

As always, there are a few ways it can go:

We go into the season without more major signings and do well-GJ is lauded as a hero.

If we're struggling after ten games, the transfer window's shut and he's under huge pressure and great scutiny, given our raised expectation levels.(If we don't make the play offs after last season, I'll be extremely disappointed).

It could still all go belly up if we sign players, however, GJ has said that we don't have enough Championship Players,so he obviously feels he needs to act and to be honest, last season we only looked short in one or two areas, primarily up front, on the creative front and on the right of midfield until Noble had an impact there.

As you correctly point out, the fans commitment in these austere times cannot be questioned and neither can GJ's record so far, in terms of results & points which, these days it seems, are all that matter.

We live in interesting times and the time to act is now.

IMHO we're at least four players short if not, five with Vasko discarded & Keogh wanting away.

Pulling them in, settling them down, teaching tactics and building some team spirit in about 14 days is a real task.

Over to you, Gary!! :fingerscrossed::city:

You are quite right in saying we have no information on transfer dealings. That however doesnt mean we havent put in bids that have been knocked back by clubs or offers made to players that just don't want to come to Ashton Gate. Players cant be brought to the club if they don't wish to be there. Do you not think GJ & SL may well be feeling some what frustrated as well. We have no real idea whats happened to the Meteab deal or why. We don't know why the Misfuid deal has not yet happened. But I like many still trust and have faith in GJ & SL.

OMG. Words fail me. Lack of ambition?

I'm not happy at this stage with the way the search for strikers has gone but don't doubt for a second the ambition of both men to bring quality into the club. It is an insult to both of them and the effort they have put in to question that ambition.

You are quite right in saying we have no information on transfer dealings. That however doesnt mean we havent put in bids that have been knocked back by clubs or offers made to players that just don't want to come to Ashton Gate. Players cant be brought to the club if they don't wish to be there. Do you not think GJ & SL may well be feeling some what frustrated as well. We have no real idea whats happened to the Meteab deal or why. We don't know why the Misfuid deal has not yet happened. But I like many still trust and have faith in GJ & SL.

Mifsud/Maynard ?

I always tried to make a rule not to attack other peoples posts and to answer objectively and in this case I will do my best not to offend as this is YOUR opinion. You quite clearly said WE but i think you meant YOU.

Last season GJ was slated on this forum for his signing but yet the club had the best season in 20 years +. As someone has just mentioned GJ has announced he expects two strikers to sign this week. As someone else has stated the club seems serious about plans for a new stadium. Lansdown doesnt seem as popular as the likes of Scott Davidson, but there is one major difference he is a business man who puts the club first he is ivesting money and although there have been problems with the Meteb deal the club is prepared to stump up a record tranfer fee.

Is your frustration a lack of ambition or just that you and the rest of us don't know whats going on. Gary is the manager let him do his job and stop hanging him before the trial.

I for one trust him and I hope more of you do

I always tried to make a rule not to attack other peoples posts and to answer objectively and in this case I will do my best not to offend as this is YOUR opinion. You quite clearly said WE but i think you meant YOU.

Last season GJ was slated on this forum for his signing but yet the club had the best season in 20 years +. As someone has just mentioned GJ has announced he expects two strikers to sign this week. As someone else has stated the club seems serious about plans for a new stadium. Lansdown doesnt seem as popular as the likes of Scott Davidson, but there is one major difference he is a business man who puts the club first he is ivesting money and although there have been problems with the Meteb deal the club is prepared to stump up a record tranfer fee.

Is your frustration a lack of ambition or just that you and the rest of us don't know whats going on. Gary is the manager let him do his job and stop hanging him before the trial.

I for one trust him and I hope more of you do

I`m going to keep shtumm until our signings are revealed, oh hang, nope, until they are actually playing in a City shirt.. :innocent06:

PDG

:disapointed2se: May I suggest you wait for the whole story before giving a verdict; we are not, and shouldnt be privy to transfer negotations; I somehow feel GJ knows what we need and constant sniping at him could see him soon heading for the exit; and I wouldnt blame him :disapointed2se:

IN ALL FAIRNESS Gary is a big enough boy to know that the people having a go at him are about 1%. They sound like about 25-30% because people always sit up and take notice of raving ranters because it gets them, you and me riled. Gary knows the vast majority of us are right behind him.

I thought GJ told the people in portugal that tyson was no longer a target! I'm guessing it'l be someone from the prem or maybe someone from austria?? :closedeyes:

Remember what gary said?.. Meteb was his number one target all summer. Should that deal not materialise I personally would doubt the default option would be Tyson. I think he would get some justified stick if that were the case.

There was a guy playing in Belgium on the radar.

Archived