IGNORED

Ambtion......johnson And Lansdown Where Is It?

old_man_terry

yes, there is faith, but there is also Blind Faith.........we have been trying to find a goal scoring type of player for god knows how long, there was no luck in jan and at end of May.......nearly 2 months ago.....we were told whatever league we were in, we had a list of targets.....just over 11 days till start of season, still nothing.

it's easy for many to lose faith......

:grr:

Loose faith then, and go and support the gas!

well don't we look like lafing stocks now I'm starting to think if we have any anbition to make it into the prem we be lucky to stay up at this point other teams have added and we havent ofer than Williams I'm officaly pissed now seems we cant offer top players wages so we are going to sign a lower leage player agian who will do nothing sorry but losing faith :ranting:

yes, there is faith, but there is also Blind Faith.........we have been trying to find a goal scoring type of player for god knows how long, there was no luck in jan and at end of May.......nearly 2 months ago.....we were told whatever league we were in, we had a list of targets.....just over 11 days till start of season, still nothing.

Yes but faith isn't blind when it's based on proven track records, just justified.

it's easy for many to lose faith......

No, it's only easy for a few people.

How on earth is trusting someone who has taken us from the bottom of League 1 to a Championship Play-off Final BLIND FAITH?! Just face it old man terry- you are a constant moaner with nothing better to do.

I don't think you can be too hard on anyone having a bit of a moan, given the frustation everyone must be feeling at the moment. Everyone wants the best for the club and everyone feels the best thing for the club atm is to sign top quality strikers. So if we can't do that, then its certainly a worry.

i have every faith in GJ, but am still feeling very frustrated by recent events.

I don't think you can be too hard on anyone having a bit of a moan, given the frustation everyone must be feeling at the moment. Everyone wants the best for the club and everyone feels the best thing for the club atm is to sign top quality strikers. So if we can't do that, then its certainly a worry.

i have every faith in GJ, but am still feeling very frustrated by recent events.

Everyone is frustrated but it seems to me like some (old man terry) are taking it too far. It is like he wants Johnson out the way he goes on.

well don't we look like lafing stocks now I'm starting to think if we have any anbition to make it into the prem we be lucky to stay up at this point other teams have added and we havent ofer than Williams I'm officaly pissed now seems we cant offer top players wages so we are going to sign a lower leage player agian who will do nothing sorry but losing faith :ranting:

We cant pay top wages because in this division we're not a big club.

We cant compete financially with your Birmingham's, Wolves', Derby's etc.

Anyhow its not about money with Meteb & Mifsud is it ?

Its about players messing our club about & if they do that I'm more than happy for Gary & Steve to tell them where to go.

Yes but faith isn't blind when it's based on proven track records, just justified.

where is his proven track record in signing a pacy, goal scoring, fox in the box.......I'm yet to see one in his time at City, Goals have always been a probably since he's been at the club, regardless of where were and are....

where is his proven track record in signing a pacy, goal scoring, fox in the box.......I'm yet to see one in his time at City, Goals have always been a probably since he's been at the club, regardless of where were and are....

Ah I see, so now you're talking specifically about signing the sort of player I've been banging on about forever.

I'm glad you accept that your original post criticising the club's general ambition was b***ocks.

What a crapy couple of weeks for Mr Johnson and Mr Landsdowne. Whatever we all might be feeling right now I'm sure the manager and chairman are feeling worse.

The fact is GJ has a very targeted idea of who he wants in his dressing room and bringing in players who are not commited to that idea is simply not going to happen.

Metab played when told not too...Whilst I do have a certain sympathy as clearly the Egyption side held his registration and were obviously still paying his wages, he chose to go home and pull their shirt on, which was then clearly seen by GJ as a player who went against his wishes and thus not who he needs in the dressing room...Remember here folks rumours of drinking binges, unfit players and disciplinary issues have dogged this club for years (I have it from an unimpeachable source that several players have been bought in over the years to try and arrest this) and this was a factor in our 9 year promotion campaign.. :noexpression:

Mifsud clearly agreed a deal and then had his advisors try and alter the terms and thus Mr Johnson felt that he could not trust this player either.

IMO we may have had a lucky escape we need footballers who can fit in with the regime that got us within a fag papers width of the Premier League...

Who next who knows...The club clearly has money and wants to spend it...And if you were Steve Brooker or Lee Trundle you might be thinking you have something to prove right now...Believe in the Chairman and the Manager they have delivered what no other did (Pullis, Wilson etc) and who cares what anybody outside of our football club thinks WE ARE BRISTOL CITY WE BELIEVE

it's nothing to do with "i told you so" more to do with..........we are still waiting for a striker as we have been all season, people say.........oh but we have until August 31st, YES we do, but with only one pre-season game to go we are seriously running out of time to intergrate a new forward into our squad, which means we will be having vital league games where the "team needs to gel" excuse will no doubt come out.......

I personally don't ever recall Johnson using such a cliche about teams needing to 'gel'. I think he has a little more respect for us than to use an excuse such as that. And at the end of the day, the January transfer window gives players absolutely no time at all to gel so it should never be an issue. As long as we get someone, which i'm extremely confident of at least one, then when we get them doesn't matter. Neither does whether they are target number one or twenty because target number twenty may turn out to be the best player for the club in the long term as Meteb has shown that target number one has proven not be the best player for the club, and target number two in Mifsud has as well.

As i have said previously, we should trust in the Chairman and Manager to do the best for the club, which they clearly are, and stop pressurising them into working to a timescale that doesn't exist. 11 days to go to the season starts, 10, 9, 8, 7.........who gives a ######. Lets just let them do what's right when it's right.

Ambition? New training ground, New 30000 stadium in the offing, 2 record bid/deals to bring in strikers. As to what is happening with these deals your guess is as good as mine but if Lansdown is willing to put the money forward I would say that is ambition. Johnson will only bring in the right players to the squad and he doesnt do this lightly.

AS THEY SAT YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT MAKE IT DRINK LANSDOWN HAS DUG INTO HIS WALLETT JOHNSON HAS LINNED PEOPLE UP THEY COME AND LOOK THEN EITHER TRY TO HOLD US TO RANSOM FOR A EXTRA BUCK OR THERE MENTALLITY DOES NOT FIT JOHNSONS WE CAN NOT FORCE PLAYERS HERE JOHNSON BELIVES IN THE DRESSING ROOM SPIRT AND WOULD WE WANT 1 PLAYER TO WRECK THIS ITS APPROACHING SQUEEKY BUM TIME BUT AS ALWAYS IN JOHNSON WE TRUST AND IN CITY WE BELIVE GARY WILL GET THE RIGHT PLAYER AND HOPEFULLY SOON KEEP THE FAITH AND ALWAYS BELIVE

Just exactly what do u want from our club , give the team and the manager a chance , i can see the likes of you and a few others 20 mins into the first game 0-0 and you will be moaning your head off,

Old man Terry,

Seeing as you obviously don't want him at Ashton Gate, any chance of me taking Gary Johnson back to Huish Park? I'll tell you what, I'll set off now to walk to Portishead, pick Gary up, stick him on my back and carry him all the way down to Yeovil.

That way, you'll be pleased because he's gone and I'll be pleased too because the greatest manager that Yeovil ever had would be back with us again. I'd take Gary Johnson every time, the guy is so obviously a winner and knows his stuff. I actually feel sorry for him now with fans of a similar opinion to you not giving him a fair crack of the whip. :disapointed2se:

Old man Terry,

Seeing as you obviously don't want him at Ashton Gate, any chance of me taking Gary Johnson back to Huish Park? I'll tell you what, I'll set off now to walk to Portishead, pick Gary up, stick him on my back and carry him all the way down to Yeovil.

That way, you'll be pleased because he's gone and I'll be pleased too because the greatest manager that Yeovil ever had would be back with us again. I'd take Gary Johnson every time, the guy is so obviously a winner and knows his stuff. I actually feel sorry for him now with fans of a similar opinion to you not giving him a fair crack of the whip. :disapointed2se:

please find where I have stated that I don't want him at Ashton Gate?

I haven't once asked for him to leave and I haven't demanded he his sacked.......I just want him to pull his finger out and actually sign a forward.

Old man Terry,

Yeovil mac gary has gone from a small club like yeovil to a club that has potential to be massive, every one loved him at yeovil and must people love him here however you have to understand that unlike at yeovil he will come under a lot more criticism here.

A lot of city fans take him for granted but to say you feel sorry for him beacuse him is coming under a small bit of pressure on a forums is a bit strong IMO.

Yeovil mac gary has gone from a small club like yeovil to a club that has potential to be massive, every one loved him at yeovil and must people love him here however you have to understand that unlike at yeovil he will come under a lot more criticism here.

A lot of city fans take him for granted but to say you feel sorry for him beacuse him is coming under a small bit of pressure on a forums is a bit strong IMO.

Small but uneccessary pressure. He is trying to do the right thing but some people can't see that and choose to slaughter him instead.

You may well have a point there. I live up here, Bris Red, and you're quite right, Bristol is a much bigger goldfish bowl than Yeovil. He'll not be used to this level of attention recently anyway...as for feeling sorry for him, I suppose that may have been a wee bit OTT. I just get frustrated when people such as Terry yap on about lack of ambition in GJ. If he'd had no ambition, he'd still be our manager.... :noexpression:

What a crapy couple of weeks for Mr Johnson and Mr Landsdowne. Whatever we all might be feeling right now I'm sure the manager and chairman are feeling worse.

The fact is GJ has a very targeted idea of who he wants in his dressing room and bringing in players who are not commited to that idea is simply not going to happen.

Metab played when told not too...Whilst I do have a certain sympathy as clearly the Egyption side held his registration and were obviously still paying his wages, he chose to go home and pull their shirt on, which was then clearly seen by GJ as a player who went against his wishes and thus not who he needs in the dressing room...Remember here folks rumours of drinking binges, unfit players and disciplinary issues have dogged this club for years (I have it from an unimpeachable source that several players have been bought in over the years to try and arrest this) and this was a factor in our 9 year promotion campaign.. :noexpression:

Mifsud clearly agreed a deal and then had his advisors try and alter the terms and thus Mr Johnson felt that he could not trust this player either.

IMO we may have had a lucky escape we need footballers who can fit in with the regime that got us within a fag papers width of the Premier League...

Who next who knows...The club clearly has money and wants to spend it...And if you were Steve Brooker or Lee Trundle you might be thinking you have something to prove right now...Believe in the Chairman and the Manager they have delivered what no other did (Pullis, Wilson etc) and who cares what anybody outside of our football club thinks WE ARE BRISTOL CITY WE BELIEVE

I fail to see how GJ and SL could feel much worse than many of the fans at the moment

We cant pay top wages because in this division we're not a big club.

We cant compete financially with your Birmingham's, Wolves', Derby's etc.

If we are not a big club we should not expect to make a big impact next season - We need to become a big club to compete against these.

I fail to see how GJ and SL could feel much worse than many of the fans at the moment

I would have thought that was obvious. They want success as much if not even more than us and they are the ones that have been working their arses off to make signings only to see the deals fail for one reason or another.

To be honest, even if we don't sign anyone, I believe we can compete in this division. Sure it will be tough and maybe there will be less of a surprise element and being taken for granted. However, I have every faith in the players, management and coaching staff to ensure we have another decent season with further progression being made on and off the pitch.

At the end of last season and after the Wembley defeat all the talk from Johnson and Lansdown was to re-group, strengthen and build for another challenge to push for the Premier League.

In Turn the Fans have continued to dig deep and have smashed Season Ticket Sales Record and put their money where they mouths are expecting and hoping for another succesful season and who knows a real push for promotion again!

What's happened so far.....a quality and much improving Midfielder who in LJ's absence ensured we reached Wembley was sold for a tiny profit and was replaced a midfielder from Ipswich for 100k who apparently is AMAZING - WHEN FIT! but Gary said he had a replacement lined up and to "Trust Him"

Since then nothing......many players names mentioned who then proceed to join other teams, past targets such as Vokes, Garner, Eastwood and Kevin Phillips have all moved to new clubs without either sniff of Interest from City or Johnson saying "they weren't targets for us"

a few names have been seriously linked but for one reason or another the transfers haven't been completed.

It's now 2 weeks till the start of the season, our sole new signing hasn't kicked a ball, Carle's replacement hasn't arrived and there is still no striker we URGENTLY need and all we get from City a month or so later is SILENCE and the famous.....TRUST ME from Johnson.

Well I'm sorry Gary and Steve, We do trust you.......but actions speak louder than words....I'm sure you have enjoyed your many trips to Europe and Africa this summer, but for one reason or another......still NO FORWARDS INCOMING.......

The Fans have shown their Ambition..........WHEN WILL YOU?

I know what you mean Terry.

£2.25M is rubbish isn't it? I think SL and GJ should've signed Robbie Keane and David Bentley - that would go some way towards "showing ambition". Or maybe Gareth Barry as well...

One Team

At the end of last season and after the Wembley defeat all the talk from Johnson and Lansdown was to re-group, strengthen and build for another challenge to push for the Premier League.

In Turn the Fans have continued to dig deep and have smashed Season Ticket Sales Record and put their money where they mouths are expecting and hoping for another succesful season and who knows a real push for promotion again!

What's happened so far.....a quality and much improving Midfielder who in LJ's absence ensured we reached Wembley was sold for a tiny profit and was replaced a midfielder from Ipswich for 100k who apparently is AMAZING - WHEN FIT! but Gary said he had a replacement lined up and to "Trust Him"

Since then nothing......many players names mentioned who then proceed to join other teams, past targets such as Vokes, Garner, Eastwood and Kevin Phillips have all moved to new clubs without either sniff of Interest from City or Johnson saying "they weren't targets for us"

a few names have been seriously linked but for one reason or another the transfers haven't been completed.

It's now 2 weeks till the start of the season, our sole new signing hasn't kicked a ball, Carle's replacement hasn't arrived and there is still no striker we URGENTLY need and all we get from City a month or so later is SILENCE and the famous.....TRUST ME from Johnson.

Well I'm sorry Gary and Steve, We do trust you.......but actions speak louder than words....I'm sure you have enjoyed your many trips to Europe and Africa this summer, but for one reason or another......still NO FORWARDS INCOMING.......

The Fans have shown their Ambition..........WHEN WILL YOU?

Very unreasonable post indeed hope you now feel like the preverbial ass. :tomato:

Archived