IGNORED

Mifsud Off

Rocky

There just making him sound like that so we will say '' yeah he probably wasnt right for the club''

I cannot beleive we have let these two go after announcing to the public they are going to sign.

We are starting look a bit silly I'm afraid :disapointed2se:

The fact that Johnson has said that things were going on that he has never seen before, GJ has been round the block and will have seen everything.

Shambles?

No

You don't spend £1.5 million on anybody unless it's 100% right. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Full respect to GJ for having the guts to pull out of the deal. The harmony of the dressing room is everything to him and as we have seen with Phillips, Stewart, and Carle, he won't prejudice that for anybody.

If there is a lesson in this, it's say absolutely nothing to anybody before the player has actually signed.

There just making him sound like that so we will say '' yeah he probably wasnt right for the club''

I cannot beleive we have let these two go after announcing to the public they are going to sign.

Metab was leaked from Egypt and Mifsud from Coventry, if not we would never have known about these deals in my opinion, yes SL announced about Mifsud on Sunday but they had been told Saturday night he was joining, he obviously had doubts and for that reason the deal was called off, we don't want a player joining then in a few months deciding he doesnt want to be here.

Lets go for Maynard now, spend the money, get the fans back onside, start the season all behind the team!

I agree we HAVE to go for maynard I'm not just saying this but he was my first choice in the begining of the summer.

If nottingham forest can pay 2.65 mill for earnshaw we should pay it for maynard.

Read the article.

I didnt see the article on the main site until after I wrote that. So I retract my statement and say that I guess this is just another one of those things. Its just a shame that all of this is being done in public. While I think many fans will read that and understand Gary Johnsons comments, people outside the club are going to consider us a laughing stock..... so there is only one thing to do I guess - Go out and prove them all wrong and have a bloody good season with what we have got (becuase I cant see us adding any significant players now)

Oh dear

Christ its not the end of the world - its a egyptian that i've never heard of and a bloke who aint scored in 19 - who, reading between the lines, sounds a #### ??

So who then, maybe a cheeky bid for maynard ?

And this janko chap ?

In GJ we trust ! - if he's not enough or right for him, he aint right for me either

Mifsud has a reputation as a money man and a bit of a mercenary - I trust GJ on this one and think he's done the right thing

From a Palace fan...

Maybe Gary Johnson has been reading the palace forums then and decided after reading that!

Oh dear

I support the clubs decision whatever the reasons where.

No one is bigger than the club. We can't pay silly players silly money. Hopefully we got other irons in the fire.

Our scouting must be better and you can't scout strikers on their goalscoring history. Scouting is about finding a good forward before he starts scoring.

Ah well, onto the next.

I just hope whoever the next targets are they're kept firmly under wraps until the ink is dry.

In the mean time we'll just have to put up with the panicking on here - time for a "transfer whinging" sub forum?

Then perhaps people on this forum should stop putting pressure on the club to announce new signings, give us some info, we've shelled out for our season tickets, we're entitled to know what's going on, etc etc.

BCFC did not release the details of either of the 2 failed deals. They were released by their own respective clubs. It was only a clamour for more info from people such as you that forced the club into making a statement.

The less we know the better. Keep it all behind closed doors until it's 100% done.

I'm actually glad that the people in charge of our club refuse to be held to ransom. I am very proud to be associated with a club which still has morals, in this ever greedy 'planet football'.

Lets stop speculating and pressuring, and wait til the club announce signings. It's much better that way.

thats perked me right up, here was me thinking it's all doom and gloom...... :disapointed2se:

[/quote

Nice one Farmer! I reckon we may have to bring Kevin Mabbut back or how about we try and get hold of Duncan Mckenzie! he was a class act, may have lost a little pace by now though......... :closedeyes::disapointed2se:

I'm actually glad that the people in charge of our club refuse to be held to ransom. I am very proud to be associated with a club which still has morals, in this ever greedy 'planet football'.

I agree

We will get the right player at the right price who has the right attitude

If you don't we would only regret it later

Mifsud has a reputation as a money man and a bit of a mercenary - I trust GJ on this one and think he's done the right thing

From a Palace fan...

Perhaps thats what assumptions GJ got from him, like i said previously he doesnt believe he will be here for the 3 years of his contract, no commitment, no deal I'm afraid, and with Coventry saying he aint going on tour with them he may be left with no club

Then perhaps people on this forum should stop putting pressure on the club to announce new signings, give us some info, we've shelled out for our season tickets, we're entitled to know what's going on, etc etc.

BCFC did not release the details of either of the 2 failed deals. They were released by their own respective clubs. It was only a clamour for more info from people such as you that forced the club into making a statement.

The less we know the better. Keep it all behind closed doors until it's 100% done.

Lets stop speculating and pressuring, and wait til the club announce signings. It's much better that way.

come on, people would throw themselves of the bridge if it wasn't for this site!

Totally agree and said so on another thread. Should have stuck to our no comment policy. Now we just look embarrassing and despite the good reasons for pulling out of the deals the rest of the football world, particularly any other players we try to sign (assuming the list is not now exhausted), may begin to see us as a bit amateurish. That could work against us.

Blessing in disguise as it sounds both players have let city down and the club have done everything possible to sign Meteb and Mifsud

NO MIFSUD DEAL

Gary Johnson has confirmed tonight that negotiations with Michael Mifsud about a proposed transfer has ended unsuccessfully.

The manager exclusively told www.bcfc.co.uk "I don't think he's right for us. I know people will be shocked by that and this is not me trying to enhance my reputation for interview techniques

I can't commit £1.5m of the club's money to people that I don't think can be committed to the club over three years.

That means so much to me and this football club. We've worked so hard over the last few years getting where we are with the dressing room we have. When I talk to people and try and do a deal with them you get to know their weaknesses. Although they might be very good players, in the end if they aren't the right personality for me and the club they'll let you down in the end.

I'm sorry for the supporters and especially sorry for the chairman because he's done exactly what I wanted him to do. He's come up twice with £1.5m for Meteb and Mifsud. Twice we've agreed with clubs and twice we've agreed with players. I'm only going to do things that are right for the football club - I promise the fans that.

Both situations proved, given certain incidents during the negotiations with the players that they weren't right. I think at some stage we would have lost them, albeit in the head or whatever circumstances.

However good the players are, you will lose them in the end if they don't come across as what we need for this football club.

Chairman Steve Lansdown announced at Open Day that Mifsud had agreed terms and was poised to sign on Monday.

Gary added: "I've discussed this with the chairman because it's serious stuff when you pull out of deals, having worked so hard following them (players). I had a text from the player (Mifsud) on Saturday saying that he had enjoyed looking around Bristol and would be down on Monday to sign.

I told the chairman that and he obviously announced that at the Open Day, like I had done to many fans. The lad reneged on that and at that point I started questioning things. Him, his representative and lawyer took negotiations to a new level that I've never been before, not as in finances necesarily, but in the way they were conducting business.

In my opinion it wasn't very professional and certainly not respectful of this football club.

Totally agree and said so on another thread. Should have stuck to our no comment policy. Now we just look embarrassing and despite the good reasons for pulling out of the deals the rest of the football world, particularly any other players we try to sign (assumimg the list is not now exhausted), may begin to see us as a bit amateurish. That could work against us.

Or any players that may be about to sign for us, may think "Oh shit", " No point in trying to take this piss out of this lot with my wage demands and little extra's in my contract", " as they'll just pull the plug on any likely deal"!

People will realise that we're not a soft touch and just an easy place to pick up their thousands of pounds-a-week wages, I'm happy with that.

Archived