IGNORED

Mifsud Off

Rocky

Having read through the posts something keeps cropping up from time to time thats a tad bit annoying. GJ is praised for sticking to his principles and not being held to ransom and yet apparently the influence of this forum is so great that collectively we have forced the club to make statements about transfers that they wouldn`t have otherwise made. GET REAL. Any statement made by the club has been made because their hand was forced, Coventry, or because they have felt that the timing was right and had no indication there would be a problem, both Meteb and Mifsud.

GJ obviously feels he needs an added something up front (we all know it but its getting harder to put in on the forum `cos it makes you a moaner or traitor or even worse ) but with the collapse of the last 2 deals the options are narrowing. Unfortunately it now puts this mystery signing in the spotlight which is probably a hell of a lot more attention than GJ would have wanted.

So you don't think that the City management felt pressured into 'making a statement'. I think YOU need to GET REAL mate.

What were the comments on here last weekend? Apparently there were 5,000 people going down to the open day to have some serious words with SL & GJ to find out what was happening. You don't feel SL felt the need to appease the situation somewhat in order to halt the unnecessary state of panic everyone seemed to be in?

Yes, Cov initially announced the deal publicly, but City could have kept everything under their hats had it not been for the tidal wave of tension on forums such as this.

It was the same with the Meteb (spit) deal. Blimey, were you reading some of the posts on here last week. The club were trying their best to keep silent on the matter and conclude business behind closed doors, and all they were getting from the fans was how annoyed, upset, antagonised, disgusted etc etc they were at how they were being kept in the dark! Jeez, there were people questioning the ambition of SL, and the ability of GJ. How utterly laughable.

You acknowledge yourself that GJ doesn't want the attention of this striker business. Well, stop clamouring for more and more info that the club do not want to release.

So you don't think that the City management felt pressured into 'making a statement'. I think YOU need to GET REAL mate.

What were the comments on here last weekend? Apparently there were 5,000 people going down to the open day to have some serious words with SL & GJ to find out what was happening. You don't feel SL felt the need to appease the situation somewhat in order to halt the unnecessary state of panic everyone seemed to be in?

Yes, Cov initially announced the deal publicly, but City could have kept everything under their hats had it not been for the tidal wave of tension on forums such as this.

It was the same with the Meteb (spit) deal. Blimey, were you reading some of the posts on here last week. The club were trying their best to keep silent on the matter and conclude business behind closed doors, and all they were getting from the fans was how annoyed, upset, antagonised, disgusted etc etc they were at how they were being kept in the dark! Jeez, there were people questioning the ambition of SL, and the ability of GJ. How utterly laughable.

You acknowledge yourself that GJ doesn't want the attention of this striker business. Well, stop clamouring for more and more info that the club do not want to release.

Fully agree here. to say sl has no ambition is ludicrous. that man has a multi million standing and you don't get that from being a maybe next week person. he knows business and let's face it footy is now a business and it who reads and plays the market best wins. the pitch is sadly second best, as for gj, don't question his ambitions for the club. any father would love to see his son play in the prem and so by city getting there lee is in. how many prem offers have you heard ask for lee. well i've heard none so this to me says that gary will work his knackers off to get us up there and if that's partly for personal reasons then who cares cause it's for our personal reasons too

So you believe that GJ and SL control over these situations can be manipulated by this forum ? If thatwas the case wouldn`t you be a little bit worried ? I know i would be. Regardless of how many calls there are for a statement to be made the club will release one when they feel its right for them and rightly so, regardless of how frustrated i or any other poster may feel.

Whilst certain areas of the media, or employees thereof, may be duped by this forum, i think GJ and SL are made of sterner stuff.

Just out of interest where am i clamouring for info?

PDG

So you believe that GJ and SL control over these situations can be manipulated by this forum ? If thatwas the case wouldn`t you be a little bit worried ? I know i would be. Regardless of how many calls there are for a statement to be made the club will release one when they feel its right for them and rightly so, regardless of how frustrated i or any other poster may feel.

Whilst certain areas of the media, or employees thereof, may be duped by this forum, i think GJ and SL are made of sterner stuff.

Just out of interest where am i clamouring for info?

PDG

I believe and acknowledge that the club made a mistake in announcing certain things, and this is usually not their stance. And yes, I do believe that the reason for this was the public outcry. I'm not talking just on this forum. I'm talking in the papers, on the local news, in the street, and most importantly, at the open day, when I'm sure there would have been some sort of uproar had SL not mentioned anything about Meteb and Mifsud. So yes, they were wrong to do so, but I also feel there was sufficient pressure from a large enough number of the clubs fans for SL to have to make some sort of statement.

I agree with you on certain points. It is disappointing that such statements were made, but I can understand why this happened. There were that many people demanding answers that the stance of keeping schtum on the matter was no longer viable.

As for the clamouring. I'm not singling yourself out PDG, it's a generalisation. Can you honestly say that things haven't become slightly out of control on here in the last week??

Harry, i`ve just spent 20 mins writing this long winded reply to the last part of your post, god it was going on a bit, so i decided to scrap it and just say this.....

Has the Forum been crazy ? Damn right it has and as long as it stays that way it shows that however diverse peoples opinions are we will still have our love of the club that keeps us posting. God forbid there comes a day when we become so apathetic about BCFC that we can`t be arsed to say anything.

PDG

after reflecting on the news that mifsud is not signing, it makes you think...

how the ###### can burnley pull of a signing such as chris eagles, a club seemingly going no where, yet we cant even sign a poxy striker!

surely the decision that mifsud wouldnt fit into the team should be made before offering personal terms and make a public announcement that he will sign!

this summer is turning into a real joke! might as well start panic buying for the sake of it.

people laughed at charlton signing that guy from forest green, but right now, i would bite their hand off to take him!

after reflecting on the news that mifsud is not signing, it makes you think...

how the ###### can burnley pull of a signing such as chris eagles, a club seemingly going no where, yet we cant even sign a poxy striker!

surely the decision that mifsud wouldnt fit into the team should be made before offering personal terms and make a public announcement that he will sign!

this summer is turning into a real joke! might as well start panic buying for the sake of it.

people laughed at charlton signing that guy from forest green, but right now, i would bite their hand off to take him!

How short sighted you are

I support the clubs decision whatever the reasons where.

No one is bigger than the club. We can't pay silly players silly money. Hopefully we got other irons in the fire.

Our scouting must be better and you can't scout strikers on their goalscoring history. Scouting is about finding a good forward before he starts scoring.

BCS, I like that. I think there is a logic to your argument, but I think you will struggle to sell it to the masses.

I can see that going down a bundle on here, when the Gary announces a new signing on the OS."We could have paid £1.5m for a proven goalscorer, but we've only had to pay £0.25m for this lad because he hasn't started scoring yet! Don't worry though, he will start scoring when he comes here!"

I agree we HAVE to go for maynard I'm not just saying this but he was my first choice in the begining of the summer.

If nottingham forest can pay 2.65 mill for earnshaw we should pay it for maynard.

Fair comment but is earshaw worth 2.65 mill. I don't think so. GJ prob dosent feel maynard is worth 2 mill let alone 2.5mill

Archived