IGNORED

Bristol City Win Race For Maynard (many Merges)

greenun

Nicky Maynard in Bristol tomorrow for talks and medical. Price is 2.25 million which Crewe have agreed. It's just the player to agree personal terms. This is a great signing and was GJ first choice, but thought the price tag was too high. That's why he went for Metab but after the player played another game after terms were agreed, GJ had no option to pull out of the deal. Mifsud was also a done deal, but the player wanted extra clauses in his contract at the very last minute not acceptable to BCFC.Gary wants players who will be committed to the club and Metab and Mifsud didn't fit this criteria. Nicky Maynard will be a great asset to the club, he's young (21) and Gary will be able to bring this lad on, the way he wants to. It's great that Steve lansdown is making these funds available and it's not over yet two more signings to be done before the Blackpool game.

IN GARY JOHNSON WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ranting::city:

My prediction of a top 2 finish this year looking more realistic by the hour. slay the doomsters and ye of little faithers.

I smell gas :gasmask:

Hope you're wrong on this, I've got a sneaky feeling on this that it might be us in with the bid.

If so, lets hope he is down here tomorrow - get it signed before anyone else matches the fee. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm not saying ignore that we are in for him.

I'm saying ignore the original post - he knows absolutely no more than you or I.

Cynic by name Cynic by nature it seems.

I don't post very often but i said Metab in bristol for medical and it happened! FACT.

Not only is Nicky Maynard to sign not neccassary tomorrow but in the next 48 hours posssibly to be paraded on friday.

Another striker to sign lets say before the Blackpool game, but it will be a lot sooner that that!

And finally we are also after defensive cover watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Done Tinman, you were absolutely right.

This is a great signing for the club and demonstrates City's ambitions this season. Meteb and Mifsud who? Lets just hope Maynard does not want to play in a Crewe pre season friendly next week or wants to add some extra clauses in at the 11th hour!!

GOOD TIMES.

Thing is, Tinman has already stated things we already know about the other two signings that fell through, but it is possible Maynard is due today as it appears the way UK deals go through is, fee agreed, player agrees, player agrees terms, player has medical, player signs.

Seeing as Sky Sports News, ITV News, BBC Radio Bristol have all mentioned it, I'm inclined to believe.

MM

It's thursday, overcast and the new server is still sat in its box.

:)

So either you aren't anticipating a rush of traffic to the site because of a new signing, and the old one will cope

or/

You are past caring about Maynard or anybody else, let the thing melt away?

Archived