IGNORED

West Ham/ Curbishley/ Gary Johnson

Snufflelufagus

Just out of interest though, if GJ was to get a job in the premier league quite soon (which I don't think he would by the way) - which of our players would he take with him? LJ, Elliott, Basso and McIndoe would be my bet.

Dear God, will people wake up and smell the coffee!!

GJ will have a job in the Premier League by the end of next May. And he will take most of the City players with him not just the ones you mention. :winner_third_h4h:

I've got a feeling a lot of peolpe on here aren't treating this very real threat to steal G.J. seriously, as it's probably sooner rarther than later a club such as West Ham will come calling, waving wads of money in his face and offering the world.

It would be a gut wrenching prospect of losing Gary, so perhaps if we all started making him aware of how much we think of him, perhaps it'd go a long way to making it an easy decision to say no to such an offer.

Gary we love you here, please don't go, as we can be as big as West Ham soon ourselves.

I think the reason that both Curbishley and now Keegan have left is due to interfearence in transfer dealings, one of the main reasons that Johnson is successful is due to him having his own players in the dressing room.

I'm not saying it definately won't happen, actually yes I am...

:innocent06:

After Stuart Pearce mentioned Gary Johnson as a candidate for the Hammers job on Talk Sport this morning he has been made a 25-1 outsider.

But with managers ruling themselves out left right and centre I see Johnson being a front runner.

Worth £20 I reckon to soften the heartache and misery if he does go.

Unbelievably if he did go there would be a few people on here who would be happy!

Guest MaloneFM
After Stuart Pearce mentioned Gary Johnson as a candidate for the Hammers job on Talk Sport this morning he has been made a 25-1 outsider.

Oh David bless you for soiling your ears by giving scant attention to Talkbloke the voice of the white van man but shall we consider the basis of this?

Stuart Pearce presently unemployed in any real capacity was bothered by probably Gaunty or Wrighty Alan Brazily to fill a few moments about wether or not he fancied the West Ham job. When he didn't bite they began to fire names at him, George Graham? Alf Ramsey? Walter Winterbottam? What about 'Arry Rednapp he loves them 'Ammers don't ee? Bonzo Billy Bonds? Clyde Best?

To which a by now bemused Pearce sort of said 'well....Gaz Johnson..says here Bristol manager...is it city? Yeah 'I'm', outside chance mind'.

So if you'd like to place your bets on this then double your money with him showing his arse in Burtons window with a West Ham shirt on.

West Ham Online 1

West Ham Online 2

Some Quotes -

"Get your money on Gary Johnson as the next manager of the Hammers. "

"Bristol play good football and seeing as Nani will be dealing with all transfers from now on his lack of knowledge in that area wont be a problem and unlike a big name manager he would appreciate Nani's help and the set up rather than fight against it."

"No not Johnson....he couldn't even manage Cambridge United!"

"If Johnson was ever in control of our club, my season ticket would be winging it's way back to Upton Park.

Icelandic owners when they took over: New stadium, European football in 4 years, Champions league........

Yeah right. Never. It would never happen, especially with a novice in charge. Used to manage an east European country. Big ###### deal."

"I can really see the board getting someone in who shops at Poundland."

"He'd insist on signing his son.

Can't see Nani liking that"

"I have to say I doubt he's what Nani is looking for......"

"Just got some good odds

25-1 For Gary Johnson"

"Who is Gary Johnson?"

Its all quickly gathering pace on the internet but...

According to the net centre they aren't after him - Bristol City Net Centre

A source close to Johnson said, "It's simply not true. It's amazing how these sort of stories get made up and gather momentum on the internet, to the point where they become fact."

?

Oh David bless you for soiling your ears by giving scant attention to Talkbloke the voice of the white van man but shall we consider the basis of this?

Stuart Pearce presently unemployed in any real capacity was bothered by probably Gaunty or Wrighty Alan Brazily to fill a few moments about wether or not he fancied the West Ham job. When he didn't bite they began to fire names at him, George Graham? Alf Ramsey? Walter Winterbottam? What about 'Arry Rednapp he loves them 'Ammers don't ee? Bonzo Billy Bonds? Clyde Best?

To which a by now bemused Pearce sort of said 'well....Gaz Johnson..says here Bristol manager...is it city? Yeah 'I'm', outside chance mind'.

So if you'd like to place your bets on this then double your money with him showing his arse in Burtons window with a West Ham shirt on.

Actually that's not how it happened Rog. Plus I didnt say I gave it attention; just that his mention seems to have given Johnson odds at the job. Before today I couldnt find a bookie who had a price quoted.

Plus, I wouldnt bet on Johnson just because Pearce mentioned him. More because I know Johnson is a Hammers fan and may jump at the chance if offered it.

Probably wont happen but worth twenty quid for a possible £500 return.

West Ham Online 1

West Ham Online 2

Some Quotes -

"Get your money on Gary Johnson as the next manager of the Hammers. "

"Bristol play good football and seeing as Nani will be dealing with all transfers from now on his lack of knowledge in that area wont be a problem and unlike a big name manager he would appreciate Nani's help and the set up rather than fight against it."

"No not Johnson....he couldn't even manage Cambridge United!"

"If Johnson was ever in control of our club, my season ticket would be winging it's way back to Upton Park.

Icelandic owners when they took over: New stadium, European football in 4 years, Champions league........

Yeah right. Never. It would never happen, especially with a novice in charge. Used to manage an east European country. Big ###### deal."

"I can really see the board getting someone in who shops at Poundland."

"He'd insist on signing his son.

Can't see Nani liking that"

"I have to say I doubt he's what Nani is looking for......"

"Just got some good odds

25-1 For Gary Johnson"

"Who is Gary Johnson?"

Its all quickly gathering pace on the internet but...

According to the net centre they aren't after him - Bristol City Net Centre

A source close to Johnson said, "It's simply not true. It's amazing how these sort of stories get made up and gather momentum on the internet, to the point where they become fact."

?

Don't you think your first quote is slightly selective? The poster says himself it aint going to happen. And if West Ham fans don't want him, well i don't see what you lot are complaining about to be honest! The way that club is going we'll be above them before too long anyway.

West Ham have a history of appointing managers who have played for West Ham.

Foreign owners usually go for foreign managers.

They need someone with the pulling power to attract some quality to replace some of the duffers that Curbishley bought.

The next appointment preferably needs to be popular with the fans.

It all points towards di Canio.

West Ham have a history of appointing managers who have played for West Ham.

Foreign owners usually go for foreign managers.

They need someone with the pulling power to attract some quality to replace some of the duffers that Curbishley bought.

The next appointment preferably needs to be popular with the fans.

It all points towards di Canio.

Or Bilic ?

Archived