IGNORED

Cheering When Johnson Went Off

A Horse With No Name

I appreciate that it was an unusual event, and he was not having the best of games, but all those who cheered when the number 33 was held up should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I was embarressed for Lee, Gary and Bristol City F.C when it happened. If I was LJ , I would be in to slap in a transfer request first thing Monday morning.

I appreciate that it was an unusual event, and he was not having the best of games, but all those who cheered when the number 33 was held up should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I was embarressed for Lee, Gary and Bristol City F.C when it happened. If I was LJ , I would be in to slap in a transfer request first thing Monday morning.

Wouldn't that be what the cheerers want though? Oh well, that's another myth debunked for the conspiracy theorists.

I agree, thought it was disgracefull the lad seems to get a lot of stick and its totally out of order. Far enough if people don't like him (or his style of play) they should keep there thoughts to them selfes.

IMO he dint play to badly today, my only grip with Lee is he always seems to be getting caught in possesion in the centre of midfeild and this almost always results in an attack by the oppostion. Other than that he is technicaly one of the best players at the club.

It was terrible, completley disrespectful.

No need for it at all, all these people who cheered were out of order.

If they dislike him enough to cheer when hes substituted, would they have cheered if he had scored that one on one?

I thought he was very average today but seemed to be getting forward a lot more than usual.

It was terrible, completley disrespectful.

No need for it at all, all these people who cheered were out of order.

If they dislike him enough to cheer when hes substituted, would they have cheered if he had scored that one on one?

I thought he was very average today but seemed to be getting forward a lot more than usual.

I don't honestly think that they were cheering because they don't like Lee Johnson, or because he was having a stinker, but it was more to do with the fact that GJ never subs his son, and if the rumours of the dressing room unrest are to be believed, that subject is becoming an issue among certain players. Whether it was ironic cheering, or because he is genuinley hated at this club, (which I don't believe), it would have been very hurtful to Lee, and I think he needs to get away from playing for his father to be truly appreciated.

He was dreadful today as was McIndoe. The only disappointment was that he didn't come off earlier and that McIndoe didn't come off at all.

People retain their place by 'affecting the game' Therefore, if they don't, whoever they may be, someone else steps in

I probably agree with you, but to bring him off with 2 minutes remaining seems to me that Gary was just proving a point to everyone that he does sometimes sub his son, and that somehow seems wrong.

This is most fans problem

Why should one of the technicaly best players

keep out THE best NOBLE

I don't rate LJ one bit,but i do agree that booing him,or anyone elese

doesnt help anybody

Noble is injured. He's always injured. The only person keeping David Noble out of the side is David Noble.

Any fans cheering when he did go off just made themselves look pathetic. I gave him a standing ovation as he is a City player who put 100% in, played OK and helped us win 1-0. McIndoe and McAllister were far worse, didn't see them getting abuse.

They don't get abuse because they aren't related to the manager.

Id go as far as saying Johnson was better than McCallister, Basso (Who had **** all challenging to do but still did it badly), Mcindoe and Willaims.

No

Even when he is 100% fit he rarely gets picked

Firstly I don't think he's ever been 100% fit. Secondly, he doesn't contribute as much to the rest of the team as Lee Johnson does. Noble's great when the whole team is pushing forward in attack but not so useful otherwise.

I probably agree with you, but to bring him off with 2 minutes remaining seems to me that Gary was just proving a point to everyone that he does sometimes sub his son, and that somehow seems wrong.

You really think GJ would sub him just because of fan pressure? If he did e would know the reception the decision would get and that seems a cruel thing to do to your own son.

I find all this a tad bizarre. I wasn't even aware the cheers were ironical. And what's this about being dreadful - what?! I thought he was fairly decent today, alright he got caught a couple of times, but generally he was good and played some nice passes and linked the play.

The only players that were awful today were Orr and MacAllister. McIndoe did ok and it was good to see him stick to the wing a bit more. However, something is definitely amiss with McIndoe - he was hardly involved in the second half.

On Fontaines and McCombe's form Carey will have to wait a while before returning to the team.

Noble is injured. He's always injured. The only person keeping David Noble out of the side is David Noble.

Can someone please explain why K. Millen was in the press the other day saying City have a full squad to choose from all fit from knocks and fullt fit (except Brooker), Then GJ leaves out Carey, Noble, Akinde from the squad?

Anyone know why? :no:

For me carey and noble should start and akinde on bench at least....

Can someone please explain why K. Millen was in the press the other day saying City have a full squad to choose from all fit from knocks and fullt fit (except Brooker), Then GJ leaves out Carey, Noble, Akinde from the squad?

Anyone know why? :no:

For me carey and noble should start and akinde on bench at least....

Things happen in training - why the suspiscion?

transfer request first thing Monday morning. and who will want him????????

I thought Basso, Orr, Macallister were lacking in a bit of confidence and didnt seem very comfortable today.

I thought L Johnson was OK but gave the ball away in dangerous areas, elliot did well, mcclindoe did ok, williams really good first half then faded.

Adebola worked hard as usual, trundle was OK (I personally prefer him coming off the bench he seems to be an impact player for me) but fair enough he deserves his chance,

Mccombe and Fonts did well..

I would like to see noble in middle and wilson on the right, fonts left back carey back in centre...

A good win in the end......3 pionts were vital, lets build from here.........

transfer request first thing Monday morning. and who will want him????????

And that is the truth of it!

LJ might fetch about 300K - if he went - even if you love him to bits - it would be better for him, GJ and City -

we could easily replace him - thats my view

And that is the truth of it!

LJ might fetch about 300K - if he went - even if you love him to bits - it would be better for him, GJ and City -

we could easily replace him - thats my view

Hmmm..... much more than 500k , considering that is the offer we turned down from Forest(allegedly)

I have a theory about LJ - it's to do with the way he plays. He always looks casual. I don't think that he is, but he plays the ball with an ease which sometimes looks too easy. When he does these subtle little layoffs and passes and they work and he looks casual, everyone thinks "wow what a great player", but when it goes wrong, people think "why isn't he trying?". That's what winds people up.

It's almost as if he's too good for his own good!

Not sure if this even makes sense, but that's what I think.

PS: I didn't cheer his substitution

I do not doubt for one second that the day Lee Johnson is substituted we shall hear an over-whelming echo of ironic cheers from the home 'faithful.'

The ironic cheers for Johnson's substitution were always goping to happen. And yes, as some have said, it is pathetic.

In regard to his performance today it was far from poor. It truly amazes me how people will very quickly jump on and criticise the fact we sometimes resort to long ball football, and yet clearly the biggest scape-goat in the team is Johnson, the player above all who tries to keep the ball on the deck.

How foolish are some people?

In the space of about two 2nd half minutes today McAlister played the ball long when under pressure and received negative noises, a minute or so later he tried to play his way out of trouble only to be greeted by similar sounds. Some people are simply unpleasable with no sense of reason.

Whilst he had a chance early on but failed for pace, Elliot missed a chance that had it been Johnson would have become a reference point for weeks. This is the issue here. Not that people don't rate Johnson, but the fact that his performance is analysed to different criteria than others. Of course some just plain don't rate him and this is not aimed at those, however it is aimed at those who iroically cheered as he left the pitch, those who verbally chastise a wrong pass from him whilst overlooking similar crimes from others, and those who see 'the manager's son' rather than a central midfielder.

I would also like to point out that Johnson played the pass of the match today when releasing Sproule down the right late on. Absolutely no recognition.

Every mistake he makes is highlighted, every good he does is all but ignored. That is exactly why there can be no argument that he is scape-goated by a pathetic minority.

top quote if i was lee johnson i would leave ashton gate asap and stick 2 fingers up to the fans on the way out , today was an absolute disgrace , keep your chin up lee there are fans in the crowd who do apprieciate you

The ironic cheers for Johnson's substitution were always goping to happen. And yes, as some have said, it is pathetic.

In regard to his performance today it was far from poor. It truly amazes me how people will very quickly jump on and criticise the fact we sometimes resort to long ball football, and yet clearly the biggest scape-goat in the team is Johnson, the player above all who tries to keep the ball on the deck.

How foolish are some people?

In the space of about two 2nd half minutes today McAlister played the ball long when under pressure and received negative noises, a minute or so later he tried to play his way out of trouble only to be greeted by similar sounds. Some people are simply unpleasable with no sense of reason.

Whilst he had a chance early on but failed for pace, Elliot missed a chance that had it been Johnson would have become a reference point for weeks. This is the issue here. Not that people don't rate Johnson, but the fact that his performance is analysed to different criteria than others. Of course some just plain don't rate him and this is not aimed at those, however it is aimed at those who iroically cheered as he left the pitch, those who verbally chastise a wrong pass from him whilst overlooking similar crimes from others, and those who see 'the manager's son' rather than a central midfielder.

I would also like to point out that Johnson played the pass of the match today when releasing Sproule down the right late on. Absolutely no recognition.

Every mistake he makes is highlighted, every good he does is all but ignored. That is exactly why there can be no argument that he is scape-goated by a pathetic minority.

Quite right and like many others I'm pretty tired of the pathetic minority.

This topic shows how UTTERLY naive I am.

When LJ went off to (what I thought - apparently mistakenly) rapturous applause, I went home thinking bloody hell, perhaps it is only the minority on OTIB that dislike/don't rate him.

Then I come on here and find out that that applause was supposedly ironic.

Probably not his best game(there thats ironic), but he was no worse than ANYONE else in MF , and I include Marv who looked off the pace today.

Crikey - anyone care to remind me the last time LJ has a 1 on 1 with the GK before??(Ok he made a complete balls up of it though - must be taking lessons from Ivan)

Archived