IGNORED

Cheering When Johnson Went Off

A Horse With No Name

Get it in perspective. Out of a crowd of 16000 there were probably only about 500 booing when LJ was subbed.

The other 115500 had fainted with the shock!

I think, that him coming off will now make people believe he isn't untouchable? And it's not nepotism. And the people cheering..were the people who were celebrating the fact that they know nothing, and they have been proven wrong. Odd why they'd cheer that though.

He was dreadful today as was McIndoe. The only disappointment was that he didn't come off earlier and that McIndoe didn't come off at all.

People retain their place by 'affecting the game' Therefore, if they don't, whoever they may be, someone else steps in

I agree and it would be great to see the classy McIndoe of last season. McIndoe was well below his normal game against Norwich. As for Lee Johnson, when he was absent toward the end of last season we dropped a lot of points. However, our midfield did look rather weak against Norwich but at the end of the game - all 3 points were ours and that's what really counts.

I think, that him coming off will now make people believe he isn't untouchable? And it's not nepotism. And the people cheering..were the people who were celebrating the fact that they know nothing, and they have been proven wrong. Odd why they'd cheer that though.

He was subbed on 88 minutes . I think if it had happened 10 minutes into the second half then people may have taken the substitution more seriously.

Those who don't rate LJ will still consider him 'untouchable' I think.

He was subbed on 88 minutes . I think if it had happened 10 minutes into the second half then people may have taken the substitution more seriously.

Those who don't rate LJ will still consider him 'untouchable' I think.

If it had happened 10 mins into the second half then GJ would have needed his head testing as we played well in the first half, LJ included.

If it had happened 10 mins into the second half then GJ would have needed his head testing as we played well in the first half, LJ included.

I wasn't there on Saturday mate - just saying that people who dislike LJ will not regard being subbed a few minutes from time as an indication of him being treated the same as everyone else.

I don't hate him incidentally - just don't rate him highly either.

there's a piece in the post defending LJ and comparing it to the Ashley Cole booing. I admit I'd have probably booed Cole if I'd been at Wembley but then that's more to the way he's behaved off the pitch. Fans should have the right to boo if they wish. Sure we're all fickle, sure we disagree, but you can't stifle debate. I've given ironic applause in the past though when other players were substituted, we probably all have. LJ's position is just magnified because his dad's the boss and there's transfer rumours about. he'll score a hat-trickc next week and everyone will love him. tha's football isn't it.

there's a piece in the post defending LJ and comparing it to the Ashley Cole booing. I admit I'd have probably booed Cole if I'd been at Wembley but then that's more to the way he's behaved off the pitch. Fans should have the right to boo if they wish. Sure we're all fickle, sure we disagree, but you can't stifle debate. I've given ironic applause in the past though when other players were substituted, we probably all have. LJ's position is just magnified because his dad's the boss and there's transfer rumours about. he'll score a hat-trickc next week and everyone will love him. tha's football isn't it.

BEP seems to be on a charm offnsive today, so looks like they have taken on board some of the negative comments towards them on this forum.

As for comparing LJ's 'treatment' with that of Cole, it's way off the mark - Cole was booed as much for his conduct on and off the pitch before the sloppy pass, as for the mistake itself.

He's seen as an arrogant git, which isn't anything you can lay at LJ's door.

not offering odds, but you know what I mean... it wouldn't take much for the boo brigade to change their tune. Back on another run of results and people will quieten down. There was some crazy stat breakdown of what LJ contributes on here somewhere. Worth a read. You can make what you want from statistics though. Shame Noble got injured though. Been good to have seen what will happen when everyone's fit.

i wish Lee Johnson would leave the club. Not because I don't rate him as I do (very much) - but it gets me down week after week when I hear people slagging him off, so much so I'm terrified for the bloke every time he has the ball that he's going to make a mistake. (Dolman Block C Row W you know who you are..)

Guest chefunk
Am I the only one who didnt hear any ironic cheers? All i heard was a standerd round of applause same as any city sub!! And I was in the Williams :innocent06:

I think thats what they well be trying to tell LJ but I can assure you it wasn't. I am fed up with people saying that if you BOO you should be ashamed of yourself! I didn't BOO but i was very pleased with the substitution. Everyone who goes to the football and spends a ridiculous amount of money to watch the club they care about have every right to express their opinions. Johnson is the week link in the side and it has been apparent for the last two seasons yet he is first on the team sheet and i think a lot of people are bored of it. Its the fans that pay the wages giving us the right to say and shout what we want without morons like the bloke in the EP saying i should be ashamed!

Rant over!

Chefunk

i wish Lee Johnson would leave the club. Not because I don't rate him as I do (very much) - but it gets me down week after week when I hear people slagging him off, so much so I'm terrified for the bloke every time he has the ball that he's going to make a mistake. (Dolman Block C Row W you know who you are..)

I agree with you. It's such a shame that it's come to that. :(

I am fed up with people saying that if you BOO you should be ashamed of yourself!

Chefunk

That's their right. They have an opinion and, as you say, they have a right to express it. You want to dish it out you gotta learn to take it. Or is it one rule for you and another for everyone else?

I honestly don't see the big deal.

It's happened before, with LJ and it will happen again if he ever gets subbed.

the simple fact is, that if he was subbed when he was playing badly mofe often, then these "ironic cherers" wouldn't happen, however over the seasons, he continues to be picked/left on the pitch regardless of fitness/performance when other players are subbed or left out even if they are performing better.

If Gary doesn't like any ironic cheering, then perhaps he needs to look at why it has happened? He's the one who's created this situation.

the simple fact is, that if he was subbed when he was playing badly mofe often, then these "ironic cherers" wouldn't happen, however over the seasons, he continues to be picked/left on the pitch regardless of fitness/performance when other players are subbed or left out even if they are performing better.

If Gary doesn't like any ironic cheering, then perhaps he needs to look at why it has happened? He's the one who's created this situation.

Good point.

the point is this wouldn't of happened to any other player, for god sake elliott had more shit games than johnson last season but people forget that.

the point is this wouldn't of happened to any other player, for god sake elliott had more shit games than johnson last season but people forget that.

for starters I'd totally disagree with that.

Elliott did have a few "poorer" games during Jan, however they were only "poorer" when compared to some of his early season games however he was still playing fairly well.

the problem is, when other players are playing badly, they get taken off or are dropped. That's happened with every other player at the club apart from Keeper.

In your opinion.

Those that did do the sarcastic applause should be ashamed of themselves, lee has been a fantastic player for us and a great ambassador for the club and many pro's in the game seem to respect him alot and think he is a great player.

I was lucky enough to train with him yesterday because he came to give my team a brief training session at the training ground and he is a great player and very well gifted and a great man to talk to. Watch a game and watch just him for a few minutes and you can see just how great he is, and anyway he's our only 'creative' mid-fielder that could last a game.

:englandsmile4wf:

QUOTE (arrytheb @ Oct 19 2008, 7:26 PM) *

I find some of the city 'fans' more and more pathetic as time goes on. LJ was a very important part in getting us 90mins from the Premier League, week in week out there are players who have worse games than LJ but he is the one who gets slated for it. Makes it more and more unpleasant watching City tbh

I put in to you that you acuse others of criticising Lee Johnson becuase of his father, when you stick up for him purely becuase Gary Johnson is his father.

I don't think ironic cheering of his symbolic substituion yesterday was particularly called for, I just remained in my seat and kept quiet But until it can be demonstated with tangiable evidence why this player is so valuable to the team these dicussions will continue. And just retorting with a load of four letter expletives will not change the view of your fellow ticket paying supporters who think differently to you.

I'm not sure that I mentioned Lee Johnsons father or put in any four letter expletives in my original post. I could be wrong mind but I have re-read it a few times.

QUOTE (arrytheb @ Oct 19 2008, 7:26 PM) *

I find some of the city 'fans' more and more pathetic as time goes on. LJ was a very important part in getting us 90mins from the Premier League, week in week out there are players who have worse games than LJ but he is the one who gets slated for it. Makes it more and more unpleasant watching City tbh

I'm not sure that I mentioned Lee Johnsons father or put in any four letter expletives in my original post. I could be wrong mind but I have re-read it a few times.

You didn't look close enough!! ;-)

Guest chefunk

If Johnson cant realise that Johnson Jnr is not good enough does that mean our manager is not up for the job? He is the one who picks him week in week out not LJ. I think his father has a lot to answer for regarding his son, he looks nervous and lacks confidence resulting in mistakes and never passing the ball forwards and i think some time in the reserves might be a good idea. If only he had scored that one on one hahaha

chefunk

If Johnson cant realise that Johnson Jnr is not good enough does that mean our manager is not up for the job? He is the one who picks him week in week out not LJ. I think his father has a lot to answer for regarding his son, he looks nervous and lacks confidence resulting in mistakes and never passing the ball forwards and i think some time in the reserves might be a good idea. If only he had scored that one on one hahaha

chefunk

Never passes the ball forwards, other than the 3 times this season he's sent Sproule through on goal ??

Guest chefunk
Never passes the ball forwards, other than the 3 times this season he's sent Sproule through on goal ??

HAHA sorry must have missed them, i mean three forward passes defiantly shows why he should be first on the team sheet!

chefunk

HAHA sorry must have missed them, i mean three forward passes defiantly shows why he should be first on the team sheet!

chefunk

If you include the passes to Maynard & McIndoe versus Cardiff & Donny respectively thats 5 1v1 chances he's created in 11 league games this season. I'd hazard a guess that compares favourably with most midfield players in the league.

chefunk

Why do you think he's low on confidence? Perhaps its something to do with the fact that everything he does is analysed ad finitum.

Ironically, there is another thread about McIndoe where posters have suggested that he has lost a bit of form but that we should support him through the bad patch.

chefunk

You know for a fact that his is the first name on the team sheet?

Archived