IGNORED

Stay Until The End - Value?

Markman

What a smart arse!

You actually went to the trouble of looking up the time table just to score points on a daft forum. Confirms everything I thought-Well done you :disapointed2se:

If you thought about about it prior to jumping in with both feet you may of realized that possibly she dosen't fancy getting jossled around with thousand of people leaving at the same time in the darkness. So she slips out 10 minutes early and can make her way to the bus stop and get out of dodge .

Prove him wrong dolly, offer to drive her home if you are so kind and worried about her.

Yes i can spare a few minutes and have paid for the full ninety.

Psychologically how can leaving the stand in droves help to inspire one last push from City's players?

shouldn't the players be concentrating on their game - do they notice, do they care, 100% committment i can't see how they would notice? Although i once did see gus ceaser staring into the sky........MOVE THIS THREAD

I agree.

If they're so passionate about supporting the side why don't they just do that and get on with it rather than spending half of the time aiming chants at fellow fans?

I love the atmosphere the EE brings to the Gate but can't stand all the self righteous stuff thats come with it.

the song usually gets sang once at the end of the game.... hardly HALF the time is it?

My view is that its crazy to leave, when theres only a goal in it or scores are level..... and the only logical reason I can think of, is if someone has work or a similar commitment.

I'm sorry seend but you've taken what I said the wrong way completely.

And if she was to get a later bus, she could just as easily sit in her seat a bit longer and avoid the crush that way as well.

I was merely trying to help and I'm sorry if its been seen as anything else.

And I live in completely the opposite direction so a lift home isn't possible.

If I remember correctly the critism aimed at the early leavers from the Chairman and the manager came after City had lost a game at AG. Make of that what you want.

I know Robbored - but then how does he explain the late goals we score? Can't have it both ways.

It may be embarrasing or whatever - I just think it is worse to bait our own support at the end - better to keep it off the terrace and on the forum?

You're right. I sit in row A upper Dullmoan, and whilst it is a problem, its not too bad for me, but I really feel for the poor suckers in the front rows of the Lower Dullmoan (pitch level) who must be questioning whether they are due a rebate from the 85th minute onwards - as the people leaving early pitch side, shall we say, aren't the fastest exiting the ground.

Your right mate, i sit in the lower Dolman with my kids, why do these people feel they have the right to leave there seats after 85 mins and then come and STAND INFRONT OF US ?.

What i really find annoying though is the people who walk to the bar after 35 mins and then come back 5 mins into the second half.

Do they so desperatly need a beer at that time on a saturday afternoon or tuesday evening?.

They miss 15 mins of LIVE football. Ok its on the tv in the bar, but they are meant to be outside giving there support to the team.

I leave my seat in B block with about 2 mins to go, walk along the back of the Dolman and down the side of A block. I watch the rest of the game from there and on the whistle dash down the stairs and out of AG. I no point do I block anyones view.

Why do I do it? Because I hate queueing up to get out of the Dolman which with only two exits can take 5-10 mins. I also hate having to queque up in traffic to get out onto the LA by-pass. By being nearer the exit at full time I can save a good 30 mins on the journey home. Well worth it imo and I've done it for years.

Why don't you just leave early?, you can then have the roads to yourself if thats more important than the game to you.

last season(or the one before) the club made a big thing of not opening the barriers until the whistle instead of 90 min, tried it one game, never seen it since! anybody know why not?

Because it made it worse by having crowds of people crowding round the gates trying to get out.

Now I'm no 'statto' by a long shot... but a quick look at the goals we've scored at AG this season shows that the majority have been scored in the final third of the game and a good number of those during the period when people are making their way to the exits.

So maybe it doesn't affect the players as much as claimed (although I can appreciate how it probably does though)?

Or maybe the stats show that people should stay to the end as they've got a good chance of seeing a goal?

Now I'm no 'statto' by a long shot... but a quick look at the goals we've scored at AG this season shows that the majority have been scored in the final third of the game and a good number of those during the period when people are making their way to the exits.

So maybe it doesn't affect the players as much as claimed (although I can appreciate how it probably does though)?

Or maybe the stats show that people should stay to the end as they've got a good chance of seeing a goal?

Well that is kind of what I meant when I asked the question at the start - statistically it appears not to affect the players - and so we can argue on here about leaving early or not if we must - I just have not seen anything on this thread that conveys anything positive by our chanting "stay until the end" to those that leave early - and if nothing positive comes from it other than away supporters think it is funny (as I suggested after talking to some away fans) why bother - the East End does a great job they just don't need to do this?

Fans of other club certainly do notice the Dolman migration but it has gone on for quite sometime as the former fanzine the Bountyhunter wrote an article about the "Dolman shuffle". The difference now is the shuffle starts earlier and is larger maybe because the walk of shame no longer passes what was a lairy A& B block [remember it?]

The shuffle was shorter in the days of the lairy Blocks A & B of the Dolman because that was before the Lower Dolman was built so people could quickly go straight down the steps in front of the stand and pitchside where they blocked no one's view.

It's always gone on - in the 70's the East End would chant "part -time supporters" at the Dolman early leavers every week.

What a smart arse!

What are you talking about Seend?

You actually went to the trouble of looking up the time table just to score points on a daft forum. Confirms everything I thought-Well done you :disapointed2se:

What's your problem, that's nice of her isn't it?

If you thought about about it prior to jumping in with both feet you may of realized that possibly she dosen't fancy getting jossled around with thousand of people leaving at the same time in the darkness. So she slips out 10 minutes early and can make her way to the bus stop and get out of dodge hassle free .

How do you know exactly what the old ladies thoughts or motives are? How's Dolly "jumping in with both feet" when she's simply offering alternative bus times?

Comes across as incredibly patronising!

What twaddle, it doesn't at all , but you come over as uneccessarily aggressive and rude. Oddest outburst I've seen on here for a while. :disapointed2se:

one player to another; hey there`s fans leaving but there is still 5/10 mins to go :noexpression: other player, crikey what will we do now?; I know lets score a goal :noexpression:

Cant see they are bothered to much myself, they need our support but need our money more;

Well that is kind of what I meant when I asked the question at the start - statistically it appears not to affect the players - and so we can argue on here about leaving early or not if we must - I just have not seen anything on this thread that conveys anything positive by our chanting "stay until the end" to those that leave early - and if nothing positive comes from it other than away supporters think it is funny (as I suggested after talking to some away fans) why bother - the East End does a great job they just don't need to do this?

Possibly to try to embarrass those going out of the ground before the final whistle into staying a few minutes extra and cheer the lads on to the end??

Personally I prefer Eastenders song "Who pulled the plug out the Dullmoan" but thats just my opinion..

The stay until the end song only gets sung for the couple of minutes, so I cant see the issue really.

I have sat in the Dolman a few times, and got fed up with the hassle getting out, in the end I just sat in my seat for a couple of minutes and then walked out easily when the crowd had gone. It didnt put any noticeably time on my journey home..

Hasnt this been done to death now???????????????? :tumbleweed: Or shall we start blaming Lee Johnson for that as well??????

The shuffle was shorter in the days of the lairy Blocks A & B of the Dolman because that was before the Lower Dolman was built so people could quickly go straight down the steps in front of the stand and pitchside where they blocked no one's view.

It's always gone on - in the 70's the East End would chant "part -time supporters" at the Dolman early leavers every week.

we can see you sneaking out

ANYBODY, including Gary Johnson, Steve Lansdown, Louis Carey and whoever else they want to wheel out, who condones chanting at people for leaving a football ground early is a COMPLETE RETARD - end of story. If that includes you then so be it. I fully understand all the arguments about people having their view blocked (which seems to be a particular problem in the Dolman) and do not condone selfish behaviour by the early leavers either. If you want to leave early then get up and get the f00k out of there as quickly as you can without obstructing the view of others.

I was involved in a "situation" last season where some easily led d1ckhead in the Premier seats and trying to look/sound like some kind of hardcase in front of his missus, fresh after the stupid and thoughtless rantings of a certain Gary Johnson on the subject by the way, decided to give me a bit of verbal when I left a game early. What he didn't know was that my mood was not lifted by the fact that I needed to be at the BRI by a certain time to visit my uncle who had undergone serious life threatening surgery to correct a triple hernia which had been complicated by bowel cancer. The "supporter", once he realised my situation and once he realised his own potential situation, totally f00king $hat himself and must have said sorry about a thousand times. His missus looked pretty embarrassed too.

Perhaps one day you and your easily led mates will proudly chant to some bloke in a similar or worse position to the one I was in. Or perhaps you will chant at a group of semi p1$$ed up lads who have had a guts full and simply want to get down the pub early if the game has been poor. When they come over and knock seven bells out of you and your mates in full view of the players with stewards and police wading in how much psychological inspiration do you think the players will get from that?

Like I said, if people are being selfish when leaving the stand then fine, have your say. Otherwise why don't you just shut the f00k up and let people live their own lives as they see fit.

Unfortunate but that is a leap out of context because i referred to "hundreds" of fans often leaving not one.

Unfortunate but that is a leap out of context because i referred to "hundreds" of fans often leaving not one.

I was just giving an example of a genuine occurrence (which you would not be aware of when chanting) that could provoke a disturbance. But my over-riding point is that if people want to leave early then they have paid their money and are taking their choice - AS LONG AS they are not stuck in gangways and doing anything else to block the view of others. For example, on the occasions I have left a match early I have always gone when there is a substitution being made or the ball has gone out for a throw-in/goal kick. My experience is that there certainly appears to be no serious problems with people leaving early in the Ateyo, Williams and East End although perhaps something needs to be looked at in the Dolman. Whatever the issues, though, criticising, chanting or abusing early leavers is totally pointless and does not achieve anything constructive whatsoever. Take that on board please Gary Johnson!!!

Archived