IGNORED

Reading This Forum Now

Guest ashtonyate

I have been saying things that are being said about the team and the Manager for the last 2 years and more i was banned from this forum and Ciderheads for telling it as it was now the birds have come home to roost.

What really put my back up was he never done enough to get us promoted last season by not bring in a goal scoring forward on loan or not buying one.

I all so said he could not handle players with ego's he needs to get his acted together this Window or all the good work he has done will go in a puff of smoke

Its a shame he wasn't sacked two years ago.

Guest ashtonyate
Its a shame he wasn't sacked two years ago.

I do not want him sacked I just want him to sign players that are going to improve the team which his record has not been good in this division,and to improve his man management skills which seems to be lacking if read between the lines.

This my way or by way polyse is not in the best interest of the club or him you must have discipline in the club no doubt, but its got to be fair or you will lose the dressing room spirit and you better players.

I do not want him sacked I just want him to sign players that are going to improve the team which his record has not been good in this division,and to improve his man management skills which seems to be lacking if read between the lines.

This my way or by way polyse is not in the best interest of the club or him you must have discipline in the club no doubt, but its got to be fair or you will lose the dressing room spirit and you better players.

Again I ask you. What players should he have signed, and where is your proof of him losing the dressing room?

I do not want him sacked I just want him to sign players that are going to improve the team which his record has not been good in this division,

Your initial post staed that you've been saying for 2 years City have not signed THE top scoring forward we so need. It's possible that some players don't want to move to "a little team like Bristol" or else it's believed City are well off so the selling club inflates their price and / or the player concerned demands extortinate wages. As a result Johnson signs players City can afford. Some of the forwards City have signed scored well at their previous club, but not here. That is the problem. However about 5 seasons ago, City scored over 100 goals in League & Cup games, but didn't win promotion.

One final point; you claim to have made your point for two years now; back in August (scroll back if you wish to check) I posted there were at least 14 teams I believe to be stronger than City. if City finish the season in 15th position, I will not be on here saying "told you so" as that sort of thing is tedious.

Finally, bans aren't the end of the world. I've had one post a year deleted for the last six years.

Guest ashtonyate
Your initial post staed that you've been saying for 2 years City have not signed THE top scoring forward we so need. It's possible that some players don't want to move to "a little team like Bristol" or else it's believed City are well off so the selling club inflates their price and / or the player concerned demands extortinate wages. As a result Johnson signs players City can afford. Some of the forwards City have signed scored well at their previous club, but not here. That is the problem. However about 5 seasons ago, City scored over 100 goals in League & Cup games, but didn't win promotion.

One final point; you claim to have made your point for two years now; back in August (scroll back if you wish to check) I posted there were at least 14 teams I believe to be stronger than City. if City finish the season in 15th position, I will not be on here saying "told you so" as that sort of thing is tedious.

Finally, bans aren't the end of the world. I've had one post a year deleted for the last six years.

Well yes I have been saying it even longer than that, your point about players not signing for (a little team like Bristol) we never had much trouble signing players in the past money was the stumbling block we paid a fair amount of money for Trundle & Maynard more than we should have done really and the size of our wage bill shows that we pay good wages.

I am beginning to wonder if the manager is the reason players don't want to come here I have no proof of this but it has crossed my mind.

As for my warning I can't think what I said that was so bad I think I will start another Academy post I could close down half the poster on here with the abuse I got.

Well yes I have been saying it even longer than that, your point about players not signing for (a little team like Bristol) we never had much trouble signing players in the past money was the stumbling block we paid a fair amount of money for Trundle & Maynard more than we should have done really and the size of our wage bill shows that we pay good wages.

I am beginning to wonder if the manager is the reason players don't want to come here I have no proof of this but it has crossed my mind.

As for my warning I can't think what I said that was so bad I think I will start another Academy post I could close down half the poster on here with the abuse I got.

Which players have we tried to sign who "don't want to come here"?

Guest ashtonyate

Well you said in post 68 that he tried to sign a player, you may not agree but the last two summer window there have been a lot of player gone after but in the end its left to a mad panic to sing someone,

that's how we ended up with Trundle & Maynard.

Both who has not done the job although Maynard is still young and hopefully will work out OK, we wanted a player experience at this level.

I would love to see Lita back here again

Nobody really knows the truth why players don't come to our club, but the fact remains that GJ should have signed 'some' new faces long before now and his loyalty to this team, a team which finished fourth last season based on nothing else than a fantastic work ethic and a solid defence (both missing this season), and in all honest played pretty poorly for the majority of last season, should have been strengthend in key areas long before this current decline!

However, I think it more than fair to say that GJ has spoken to a substantial amount of potential 'new players' eg: (list not exhasutive) Easter, Musfud, Moteb, Campbell, Maceinne, French(Exeter City now Wolves) the players don't sign because we are told in words to the effect that they sometimes don't fit into GJ's ethos of a footballer. However, is this always accurate, or have some players met with GJ, not liked what they saw and then BCFC, and GJ, in particular has had to put a 'spin' on the story.

Who know's, but fact remains that we have spoken to lots of players since the beginning of GJ's tenure, many details released into the public domain, and the players end up going somewhere else.

Nobody really knows the truth why players don't come to our club, but the fact remains that GJ should have signed 'some' new faces long before now and his loyalty to this team, a team which finished fourth last season based on nothing else than a fantastic work ethic and a solid defence (both missing this season), and in all honest played pretty poorly for the majority of last season, should have been strengthend in key areas long before this current decline!

However, I think it more than fair to say that GJ has spoken to a substantial amount of potential 'new players' eg: (list not exhasutive) Easter, Musfud, Moteb, Campbell, Maceinne, French(Exeter City now Wolves) the players don't sign because we are told in words to the effect that they sometimes don't fit into GJ's ethos of a footballer. However, is this always accurate, or have some players met with GJ, not liked what they saw and then BCFC, and GJ, in particular has had to put a 'spin' on the story.

Who know's, but fact remains that we have spoken to lots of players since the beginning of GJ's tenure, many details released into the public domain, and the players end up going somewhere else.

Eh... we played pretty poorly for the majority of last season ???? It didn't look that way to me & how come we finished in the top 6 ???

Of the players you quote, Johnson has been vindicated re Easter who has failed at PAFC & is now at Col Utd. So far he;s also been vindicated re Mifsud whose done next to nothing all season.

The big loss was Meteb - maybe we should've been more accommodating.... only those involved in the negotiation really know. In truth if you sign a new player & tell him specifically not to do something & he goes ahead & does it... it does raise concerns though.

Guest ashtonyate
Eh... we played pretty poorly for the majority of last season ???? It didn't look that way to me & how come we finished in the top 6 ???

Of the players you quote, Johnson has been vindicated re Easter who has failed at PAFC & is now at Col Utd. So far he;s also been vindicated re Mifsud whose done next to nothing all season.

The big loss was Meteb - maybe we should've been more accommodating.... only those involved in the negotiation really know. In truth if you sign a new player & tell him specifically not to do something & he goes ahead & does it... it does raise concerns though.

I got to agree with Williams Stand quite a few game last season and the season we came up I came away from the gate wondering how we got a way with that one,Mccome poped up at the last minute to win the game for us .

We got more than our fair share of luck so that's why we can't complain when its going against us this season

I got to agree with Williams Stand quite a few game last season and the season we came up I came away from the gate wondering how we got a way with that one,Mccome poped up at the last minute to win the game for us .

We got more than our fair share of luck so that's why we can't complain when its going against us this season

No, if you re-read my post you'll see that you are completely disagreeing with me!

The notion that you can finish 2nd one season & 4th the next & it be down to a run of luck is absurd.

Guest ashtonyate

Sorry I miss read your post But I stand by what I said about us seeming to have more than our share of it the last few seasons.

In all fairness thats not a question that any fan could answer. We are not privy to that type of information.

Then equally it's not a fair accusation to make.

Well you said in post 68 that he tried to sign a player, you may not agree but the last two summer window there have been a lot of player gone after but in the end its left to a mad panic to sing someone,

that's how we ended up with Trundle & Maynard.

Both who has not done the job although Maynard is still young and hopefully will work out OK, we wanted a player experience at this level.

I would love to see Lita back here again

We tried to sign Campbell, but he decided to stay up North and we tried to sign Lita, but Coppell won't allow him to move back to the Bristol area.

The Egyptian player - Meteb?

The club pulled the plug on that one, not the player.

Guest ashtonyate

I am going on who we have signed I have known City to have so much trouble in bring in players in all my years and the ones we do sign are poor value for money

We tried to sign Campbell, but he decided to stay up North and we tried to sign Lita, but Coppell won't allow him to move back to the Bristol area.

Do you insider knowledge that Coppell said that, as he let him go to a London club on loan I would have thought that he could get into trouble there as easy as Bristol

Only after they agreed to buy him they did not do a lot of homework on what he was like as a person which is strange seeing Johnson stricken criteria.

There again I don't know how much checking of what Player are like and there background, if you take Sproul when we were on about signing him some posters put posts on here saying what he was like lightning fast but with a brain of a chicken so did the know what he was like or did they take a gamble

Guest ashtonyate

I am going on who we have signed, I have not known City to have so much trouble in bring in players in all my years and the ones we do sign are poor value for money

Do you insider knowledge that Coppell said that, as he let him go to a London club on loan I would have thought that he could get into trouble there as easy as Bristol

Only after they agreed to buy him they did not do a lot of homework on what he was like as a person which is strange seeing Johnson stricken criteria.

There again I don't know how much checking of what Player are like and there background, if you take Sproul when we were on about signing him some posters put posts on here saying what he was like lightning fast but with a brain of a chicken so did we know what he was like or did they take a gamble

I am going on who we have signed, I have not known City to have so much trouble in bring in players in all my years and the ones we do sign are poor value for money

I think you're right. We've also had trouble keeping the quality players at the club. I remember when we signed Norman Hunter from Leeds, Hunter being perhaps one of the highest calibre players we've ever signed at the peak of their career. He only stayed with us for a couple of seasons even though the money was good here. I remember Hunter stating in his memoirs that he was homesick for Yorkshire. Andy Cole's another quality player that we couldn't keep hold of.

Guest ashtonyate
City paid well during the stint in the top flight - I remember a 'table'of average wages and not that many were above us.

Norman was fantastic for us, and I reckon he improved as a player whilst at City because he was involved in the game more.

I seem to recall his memoirs may have said something like he was surprised how often the ball was passed to him.

Hunter did impressed me at City I thought he was just a hard player without to much skill at Leeds, but how wrong I was he had a great footballing brain and one of the best player to have played at the Gate

Hunter did impressed me at City I thought he was just a hard player without to much skill at Leeds, but how wrong I was he had a great footballing brain and one of the best player to have played at the Gate

Good olde 'Bite yer legs' Hunter. I was hoping that Hunter would help his former Leeds team mate Terry Cooper way back in 1983 in managing the club and helping bring the good times back to Ashton Gate. We got another great ex Leeds man instead - Joe Jordan - and he could have got us back to the top flight had he not jacked us in for the Hearts job.

Guest ashtonyate
Good olde 'Bite yer legs' Hunter. I was hoping that Hunter would help his former Leeds team mate Terry Cooper way back in 1983 in managing the club and helping bring the good times back to Ashton Gate. We got another great ex Leeds man instead - Joe Jordan - and he could have got us back to the top flight had he not jacked us in for the Hearts job.

Cooper a great lower league Manager the one who showed us there was light at the end of the tunnel never forget us going too Eastville and beating the Rovers when they were the top team in Bristol.

Never hear anything about what Cooper is doing now??.

Jordan left the Club just when we were getting it together pity really never the same the next time around.

Cooper a great lower league Manager the one who showed us there was light at the end of the tunnel never forget us going too Eastville and beating the Rovers when they were the top team in Bristol.

Never hear anything about what Cooper is doing now??.

Jordan left the Club just when we were getting it together pity really never the same the next time around.

I think Joe was being touted as a future Scotland manager which had prestige at the time, so Hearts was maybe a stepping stone, but unfortunately it didn't work out for him.

I think Joe was being touted as a future Scotland manager which had prestige at the time, so Hearts was maybe a stepping stone, but unfortunately it didn't work out for him.

In hindsight, managing Bristol City FC in the top flight would have been a better stepping stone to the Scotland job. Joe Jordan threw that chance away - oh what could have been !!!!!

Archived