IGNORED

Gary Johnson & His Son

Mr Mosquito

You say that you were at the game at Sheffield but no one on this forum agreed with you that LJ warranted a mark of 1.

You failed last week to answer the questions posed to you, namely how was it that Citys second half performance improved so much after LJ came on at half time.

I was at Sheffield, LJ put in one good cross, which McCoombe should have scored from. Other than that, I do not recall any aspect of LJ's performance which led to any improvement. I would think it was more so a case of what should happen in these situations - a roasting from the manager.

I was at Sheffield, LJ put in one good cross, which McCoombe should have scored from. Other than that, I do not recall any aspect of LJ's performance which led to any improvement. I would think it was more so a case of what should happen in these situations - a roasting from the manager.

So did you agree that he warranted a mark of 1, and Basso a mark of 10?

You don't really think that that question need answering do you?

In fact, even though we have given a huge amount of abuse to Warnock, should we continue to question his ability?

Just at the moment I know who I would rather have in charge to get us out of this mess!!!

The question doesn't need answering in my mind but others may not be as convinced. I do believe Neil Warnock took over at Palarse last season when they were near the bottom of the Championship - as we are now - and then guided them to a play-off berth. We're probably better than Palarse at the back and we have more fire power up front but their midfield is now way better than ours. Games seem to be won and lost in midfield this season in the Championship.

So the City v Palarse game will be the game of our season so far because if we can beat them and strengthen in January then a top 6 finish may be just within our grasp. If we lose because our midfield is over run yet again then some very serious questions are going to be asked over the sale of Nick Carle and the failure to adequately replace him. Those questions will be asked by a lot more people than post on here.

So did you agree that he warranted a mark of 1, and Basso a mark of 10?

No.

I gave Johnson a 6.

He made not one single tackle.

He put the one good cross in.

There were other attempts at forward passes that went to the opposition.

I recall one straightforward pass to Elliott which went out for a throw-in, which Elliott gave him a bollocking for.

Mostly, there were sideways and backwards passes.

A fairly typical LJ performance which is why, in my opinion, he doesnt bring enough to the team, other than this "link between the defence and forwards" nonsense which gets spouted out by the LJ supporters, but is in reality a red herring because I rarely see LJ set up a chance for any of our forwards from open play, which I would have thought is what he is there primarily to do.

I don't think LJ is a bad player, in fact technically he's good, but he is keeping out Noble who is better and more likely to score and create chances, and for some inexplicable reason GJ thinks he's better than Carle, which as time goes on is going to look sillier and sillier.

No.

I gave Johnson a 6.

I recall one straightforward pass to Elliott which went out for a throw-in, which Elliott gave him a bollocking for.

A fairly typical LJ performance which is why, in my opinion, he doesnt bring enough to the team, other than this "link between the defence and forwards" nonsense which gets spouted out by the LJ supporters, but is in reality a red herring because I rarely see LJ set up a chance for any of our forwards from open play, which I would have thought is what he is there primarily to do.

I don't think LJ is a bad player, in fact technically he's good, but he is keeping out Noble who is better and more likely to score and create chances, and for some inexplicable reason GJ thinks he's better than Carle, which as time goes on is going to look sillier and sillier.

Fair points.

I don't fully agree with all of your points but then that's your opinion. At least they are IMO sensible.

My dispute was with the rubbish posted by Block H.

I gave Johnson a 6.

NickJ, which game are you refering to? Reading? Burnley? Wolves? Birmingham? :innocent06: It seems to be a standard trott out for Lee Johnson in not making a single tackle and managing just the one decent cross. He may have made a lot more sideways and backwards passes in some games than others especially if there's a big nasty opposition midfielder bearing down on him. :rolleyes:

NickJ, which game are you refering to? Reading? Burnley? Wolves? Birmingham? :innocent06: It seems to be a standard trott out for Lee Johnson in not making a single tackle and managing just the one decent cross. He may have made a lot more sideways and backwards passes in some games than others especially if there's a big nasty opposition midfielder bearing down on him. :rolleyes:

The non-attempt at tackling Cisse before Reading's 4th will linger long, I couldnt believe it when he virtually turned his back and ran away!

I have noticed the recent phenomenon of the "Lee Johnson tackle", it happened three times yesterday. What you do is, you slide strategically about a yard in front of the opponent who has the ball, ending up flat on your back in front of the guy. Who then takes it around you and carries on his merry way. I think its designed to give the illusion of throwing oneself into tackles, but in fact, its totally effin useless. If you havent noticed it before, watch out for it, its quite amusing!

The non-attempt at tackling Cisse before Reading's 4th will linger long, I couldnt believe it when he virtually turned his back and ran away!

I have noticed the recent phenomenon of the "Lee Johnson tackle", it happened three times yesterday. What you do is, you slide strategically about a yard in front of the opponent who has the ball, ending up flat on your back in front of the guy. Who then takes it around you and carries on his merry way. I think its designed to give the illusion of throwing oneself into tackles, but in fact, its totally effin useless. If you havent noticed it before, watch out for it, its quite amusing!

I remember the Cisse non-attempt at tackling that sparked a thread on here about Lee Johnson with 100+ replies. Ahhh the increasingly infamous "Lee Johnson tackle" it would be funny if Lee Johnson was an opposition player but not funny when it's our own midfield getting over run due to it.

Very simple. SL has to regain control and say to Gary - Gary, it's Lee, or it will be you and Lee...

I was mortified by the very misguided sale of Nick Carle - any fool could see he was twice the player Lee J is. So is Trundle. Even Scotty in his dotage is more deserving. Talking of whom...maybe there's future managerial potential..

Thanks Nick.....i was there too and thats exactly how i seen it too

Very simple. SL has to regain control and say to Gary - Gary, it's Lee, or it will be you and Lee...

I was mortified by the very misguided sale of Nick Carle - any fool could see he was twice the player Lee J is. So is Trundle. Even Scotty in his dotage is more deserving. Talking of whom...maybe there's future managerial potential..

Some good points there.....good post.....not sure about the scotty for manager bit though :)

In post 96 you didn't even know which game was under discussion.

But why let that affect your view.

Strange you write that because I posted my opinion of what I thought of Lee Johnson's tackle shirking on here after the Reading game. If someone states 'Lee Johnson didn't put in a tackle in that game' I immediate think 'what game?' because he rarely tackles - or I may have been joking - you decide. :whistle2:

Clickety click, post 38 at the link below.....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107660&st=0

Lew Johnson was terrible AGAIN on saturday. Not fit to play in the championship. Shirking challanges, poor passing and negative when in possession. Plus he was trotting back from midfield at leisure when they scored the second. Sort it out Gary. get him out!

Lew Johnson was terrible AGAIN on saturday. Not fit to play in the championship. Shirking challanges, poor passing and negative when in possession. Plus he was trotting back from midfield at leisure when they scored the second. Sort it out Gary. get him out!

Good job this Lew fellow doesn't play for us then.

Thats how must see it Gaz.......i just go a horrible feeling thats something we have to put up with???? Cr$p though??

My 2p's worth is that i thought he started the game very well but deteriated rapidily and final insult that underlined his performance was after a good challenge and run 15 yards had 3 options with 2 attacking options one left, one right or keep going he decided to stop do nothing think for a couple more seconds and then pass into no mans land thus losing the ball - it was dreadful IMO

Regardless of how good or bad LJ is it is just an very uneccessary situation to be in for all concerned.

I like the LJ header. I noticed it on sataday! Where he runs and jumps with the player to give the impression hes chalenging for the ball! It stuck out against Burnley when there player completely missed the ball and if LJ was actually going for the ball he would have won it. But instead he missed it completely!

Totally agree with you. The ratio of back or sideways passes vs. forward passes was 2:1 today. If LJ is supposedly the creative element of our midfield then he should be big enough to take responsibility himself and look to get us moving rather than pass the buck on to our defenders. And as for those ineffectual dinked free-kicks in to the penalty area - get some pace on the delivery and look to force the opposition defenders into making mistakes. Despite it being our regular free kick routine, the "dink" has not, and will not, ever work for us.

Bring back the weasel!!

I like the LJ header. I noticed it on sataday! Where he runs and jumps with the player to give the impression hes chalenging for the ball! It stuck out against Burnley when there player completely missed the ball and if LJ was actually going for the ball he would have won it. But instead he missed it completely!

The LJ tackle

The LJ trot

..and now the LJ header. :dancing6:

.....next would come the LJ P45 if his Dad wasn't the manager.

The LJ tackle

The LJ trot

..and now the LJ header. :dancing6:

.....next would come the LJ P45 if his Dad wasn't the manager.

Yeah i think you got a good point there red......i don't think any other manager would put up with any of the above??

Alright you lot, here's the answer !

We have an LJ tag team match as a special thread, 3 fighting for LJ and 3 against LJ'

In the Blue corner with a combined weight of 512lbs

We have those cess pools of contempt

THE LJ " INLAWS"

Starring : Cheese......Redtucks......Riaz.

V

In the Red corner with a combined weight of 602 lbs

Those growlers from the gutter

THE LJ " OUT-LAWS "

Starring: Red Goblin...bh-red....dezgimed.

When the bell rings, come out cussing !!!!

We have an LJ tag team match as a special thread, 3 fighting for LJ and 3 against LJ'

In the Blue corner with a combined weight of 512lbs In the Red corner with a combined weight of 602 lbs

We have those cess pools of contempt V We have the growlers from the gutter

THE LJ " INLAWS" THE LJ " OUT-LAWS ".

Starring : Cheese......Redtucks......Riaz. Starring: Red Goblin....bh-red......dezgimed.

When the bell rings........come out cussing

:winner_third_h4h::clapping: To be honest, I'd love to be humiliated by Lee Johnson himself after he scores a few goals for us against Watford and then Crystal Palace. This after him dominating the central midfield with bone crunching tackles and inch perfect passing to our forward line. :farmer:

In the Blue corner with a combined weight of 512lbs

We have those cess pools of contempt

THE LJ " INLAWS"

Starring : Cheese......Redtucks......Riaz.

V

In the Red corner with a combined weight of 602 lbs

Those growlers from the gutter

THE LJ " OUT-LAWS "

Starring: Red Goblin...bh-red....dezgimed.

When the bell rings, come out cussing !!!!

Thing is, i'm not against bringing in another midfielder - its just the extreme critizism, that usually have no foundation, that I object to.

who said he wont? are you suggesting he is biased, because he's his dad?

Why does it have to have anything to do with who his dad is?

When has the manager actually dropped LJ? (I mean dropped, not failed to instantly recall him following an injury where his replacement has done well).

Which other player has had a run of form as poor and not been dropped? The only one I can think of is McIndoe and there's nobody else to play that role, we have several options in the middle of the park.

I think nepotism has nowt to do with it and GJ is just plain wrong about how good LJ is, simple as that.

Archived