IGNORED

Gary Johnson & His Son

Mr Mosquito

all perhaps the number of fans that actually think it, may actually have a point?

personally, I just don't like bottlers, especially when they are supposed to be central midfielders which is a position that should involve taclking, the only people who refer the father/son relationship is those defending him, who clearly miss the point.

He's not disliked becuase he's the managers son, people do actually like Gary Johnson, it's just that his son is crap

I firmly believe the sooner lee johnson moves on the better for Bristol City on and off the field........I doubt many would disagree with that statement

I have never seen Johnson bottle anything, although I have seen him miss tackles and make the wrong decision when blocking or jockeying and turn the wrong way. All players do this but of course Johnson must not.

The only people who mention the fact that he is the Managers son are those that claim he is in the side because of it and never gets subbed or dropped because of it. They forget that he is usually able to last a whole game, gives a consistent passing option to our passing side, is rarely injured and despite his size can tackle and often wins headers when he shouldn't. Saying "he's crap" is just stupid because even the dumbest spectator can see he's not and of course it's disrespectful to a player who has been a key part of our successful team for nearly 3 seasons and to the Manager who picks him.

Maybe if we get enough people moaning, we will lose both Johnsons and we can go back to being a little football club in the 3rd division again. Be careful what you wish for.

I have never seen Johnson bottle anything, although I have seen him miss tackles and make the wrong decision when blocking or jockeying and turn the wrong way. All players do this but of course Johnson must not.

The only people who mention the fact that he is the Managers son are those that claim he is in the side because of it and never gets subbed or dropped because of it. They forget that he is usually able to last a whole game, gives a consistent passing option to our passing side, is rarely injured and despite his size can tackle and often wins headers when he shouldn't. Saying "he's crap" is just stupid because even the dumbest spectator can see he's not and of course it's disrespectful to a player who has been a key part of our successful team for nearly 3 seasons and to the Manager who picks him.

Maybe if we get enough people moaning, we will lose both Johnsons and we can go back to being a little football club in the 3rd division again. Be careful what you wish for.

What a load of crap

Why would you let one of your best players just go?

Come along now my dairy based friend. If Johnson was our best player or even one of the best this debate would not be going on - fans would be virtually united singing his praises. As it stands we have two camps which will continue to bicker until either Lee Johnson wins us the F.a. cup/promotion or he is sold or released.

What a load of sense.

Hmmm - then we cannot of been to the same games. LJ does pull out of 50-50s - not always but often enough for most supporters to notice.

He does last a whole game but - as I have posted on here many times - for every defence splitting ball he hits - he makes 20 "cosy" passes backwards or towards defenders that anyone could make. He simply is not "pacy" and would struggle to get in any other Championship Midfield week on week - the frustration is he is a good midfielder at league 1 and a part player in a Championship side other than ours for some reason - the fact he is GJs son only makes the situation worse because many like me think this is the only reason he gets picked week on week whether true or not - in fact the opening question what does he bring to the club remains valid - the answer is nothing anymore - for everyones sake he needs to move on

Excellent post......very good statement and IMO opinion very true, i just cant see why GJ dosn't see it??? weather he is looking at it as a manager or a father for me = the same answer....let him go!!!

he just doing the same as Danny Wilson did with Lee Peacock, in that he think that Lee is a better player than he actually is.

Why would you let one of your best players just go?

this thread is about "Gary Johnson & His Son" as the subject heading say,

if you want to post about the Marv transfer talk, post in it that thread, as your clearly attempting to move things off topic.

Come along now my dairy based friend. If Johnson was our best player or even one of the best this debate would not be going on - fans would be virtually united singing his praises. As it stands we have two camps which will continue to bicker until either Lee Johnson wins us the F.a. cup/promotion or he is sold or released.

Precisely, and its funny how those who have nothing but praise for LJ, are the ones who openly admit that they do not attend as regulary as they would like.

Make of that what you want. :ph34r:

He bottles tacles and 50-50's on a regular basis, hes a player who just isnt willing to get stuck in, who can forget the 4th goal against reading when he basically........ran away from the player with the ball???

Crap maybe the wrong word, but at this level, he's simply just not good enough in a 4 man midfield, he may pass the ball well, but that's normally defenisvely, people say he links the midfield up with the defence, yes.......he collects the ball from defence, but then more often than not lays it off to forward.

as for losing both johnson's and going back to league 1, on current form, we are heading back that way anyway! if Gary did decide to quit over his son's poor performances and any stick. that would only what confirm what some say of him picking his son.

Well said.Use your ignore button a bit more if i was you

What a nasty little thread. Full of jealousy and innuendo. Disgraceful.

BTW i don't happen to think LJ is strong enough for this league especially in a 4-4-2 but he is good little player. Easy enough to say without being a tool isnt it?

I also don't like all the s**t he gets on here from people who can never have kicked a ball in anger by the sound of it.

numpties.

Happy xmas

this thread is about "Gary Johnson & His Son" as the subject heading say,

if you want to post about the Marv transfer talk, post in it that thread, as your clearly attempting to move things off topic.

Hohoho - ever thought of a career in comedy?

Your Totally right Gobbers............it will show up bigtime next Sunday when he is playing against Nick Carle??? I reckon he made be dropped for that game though.........his dad will want to save his son's blushes :tumbleweed:

Nick Carle will be right up for it.....and he knows only too well LJ is def our weak link

Wrong on all counts again.

What comments do you have now "block h"?

Lee Johnson did well today against Palarse. We controlled the midfield and won the game as a result. Nick Carle was often tracking back to cover their very young and inexperienced looking left back who was often being left for dead by Ivan Sproule. No sign of Ben Watson - yippeeeee for a long awaited stroke of luck - so it was the Palarse midfield that struggled and not our midfield - that made a refreshing change. :winner_third_h4h:

Lee Johnson did well today against Palarse. We controlled the midfield and won the game as a result. Nick Carle was often tracking back to cover their very young and inexperienced looking left back who was often being left for dead by Ivan Sproule. No sign of Ben Watson - yippeeeee for a long awaited stroke of luck - so it was the Palarse midfield that struggled and not our midfield - that made a refreshing change. :winner_third_h4h:

Hey Red - womdered where you were hiding!! Thought you might be out celebrating Uncle Joe's third place!! :innocent06:

No i wouldn't say wrong on all counts, have a look at the indepentant marks given by the BEP, you will find they gave lj a 6 and NC a 8, so i wouldn't say wrong on all counts???

What i will say though is that i fell lj had a good game by HIS standards, it was def the best performance i have seen from him since we have been in the CCC, however as most of the posters have written on here he is not consistant and i'm sure 100% within the next 2 games we will see the usual lj whcih is not a good thing for the best of BCFC which is what i want more than anything, if lj over night became the best midfielder in the world i would be over the moon, but we all know thats just not going to happen, and some of the comments on here from the happy clappers make it sound as though he already is, i would just like to know what games there watching as i go to every single game home and away and don't see it????

He def needs to be replaced in jan and if he isnt it will be a massive injustist to BCFC which is just not on?? IMO

Nice to see a professional opinion on the match there! :innocent06:

Indeed, I thought the whole team played well, and matched Palace throughout each sector of the team!

Another quality rag.

Not the point, he's been rated as putting in a decent performance by 2 newspapers previously mentioned and looking at Palace's local paper, he also gained good reviews frmo them and also the london evening standard

please feel free to explain why you didn't think he had a good game and what he did wrong? as you seem quite content to have a pop at others views? without giving any view back in the slightest

Not the point, he's been rated as putting in a decent performance by 2 newspapers previously mentioned and looking at Palace's local paper, he also gained good reviews frmo them and also the london evening standard

please feel free to explain why you didn't think he had a good game and what he did wrong? as you seem quite content to have a pop at others views? without giving any view back in the slightest

I certanly don't rely on the Sun or the EPO to tell me how well or badly players played - but that's your choice if you want to do so.

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch but he didn't do too much either because:-

Umh - he was on the losing side. His performance in the first half was also likened by his manager as being akin to the way he played at City (which wasn't great) and he had to step it up - they had one shot at goal of note in the first half - given NC's central midfield role that suggests he wasn't doing his job (see multiple threads on LJ for reasons why that isn't good enough).

He ran around a lot and huffed and puffed. Did I mention they lost? He allowed both Mcindoe and the crowd to affect his game rather than the other way around (he lost his discipline if that makes it easier for you).

Their best player was the guy at left back (Clyne). And anyway, he's a Palace player - I don't give a flying fig how he played.

I certanly don't rely on the Sun or the EPO to tell me how well or badly players played - but that's your choice if you want to do so.

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch but he didn't do too much either because:-

Umh - he was on the losing side. His performance in the first half was also likened by his manager as being akin to the way he played at City (which wasn't great) and he had to step it up - they had one shot at goal of note in the first half - given NC's central midfield role that suggests he wasn't doing his job (see multiple threads on LJ for reasons why that isn't good enough).

He ran around a lot and huffed and puffed. Did I mention they lost? He allowed both Mcindoe and the crowd to affect his game rather than the other way around (he lost his discipline if that makes it easier for you).

Their best player was the guy at left back (Clyne). And anyway, he's a Palace player - I don't give a flying fig how he played.

neither have I, I was actually at the game and base my view on that, something that has been also mentioned and backed up in various newspapers.

reading your comments i'm guessing that possibly you weren't even at the game yourself as your comments just seem to be a round up of the negativtiy on here.

many have said, he was average first half, but never gave the ball away and always used the ball well, 2nd half he forced Basso into a fantastic one handed save, linked up attack and defence effectively, won a number of tackles, hard but fairly and on 2 occasions made LJ look a little silly with bits of flair and then just pulling away from him.

I think he's what some would call a very good midfielder, unfortunately however the only negative comments I've found regarding his performance are from people on here, as majority of newspaper reports give him praise, just because a player was on the losing team, doesn't automatically mean he played badly?

I wouldn't say Clyne was their best player in the slightest, did well for a youngster, he was up against Ivan Sproule (man of the match) who had a blinder and ripped them to bits on occasions he obviously did very well up against his left back to get the award? surely.....

in the 2 games we have played against Palace this season, I'd say 3 was better in 3 half's (palace away and 2nd half at home, with LJ being better in 1 (first half at home)

as for him losing his disaplince, he didn't react to anything in the slightest? just went about his performance, yes he was willing to get stuck in, but that's another thing currently lacking in midfield, if anyone lost their disaplince it was McIndoe without a doubt, with his silly and needless gestures at Carle

I can only assume you weren't at the game.....

neither have I, I was actually at the game and base my view on that, something that has been also mentioned and backed up in various newspapers.

reading your comments i'm guessing that possibly you weren't even at the game yourself as your comments just seem to be a round up of the negativtiy on here.

many have said, he was average first half, but never gave the ball away and always used the ball well, 2nd half he forced Basso into a fantastic one handed save, linked up attack and defence effectively, won a number of tackles, hard but fairly and on 2 occasions made LJ look a little silly with bits of flair and then just pulling away from him.

I think he's what some would call a very good midfielder, unfortunately however the only negative comments I've found regarding his performance are from people on here, as majority of newspaper reports give him praise, just because a player was on the losing team, doesn't automatically mean he played badly?

I wouldn't say Clyne was their best player in the slightest, did well for a youngster, he was up against Ivan Sproule (man of the match) who had a blinder and ripped them to bits on occasions he obviously did very well up against his left back to get the award? surely.....

in the 2 games we have played against Palace this season, I'd say 3 was better in 3 half's (palace away and 2nd half at home, with LJ being better in 1 (first half at home)

Yeah - well you're full of assumptions aren't you.

I can only assume you weren't at the game. The only positives in his performance I can find are yours and the ramblings of the Sun and the EPO.

Oh, and my assessment of their left back - echoed by the Croydon guardian - but then, I guess if you look hard enough you can always find something from some hack that has the same opinion.

Bits of flair? I remember once he did his one trick, the left footed pull-back and then passed side-ways, something alot of people say Lee johnson does and i can remember about 4 times he tried to make an attacking ball and run forward but then gave it away and was then out of position

He wasn't in the game an awful lot? Had a shot he should have put away but didn't and the free-kick wasn't as good as it looked, a hollywood save by basso. Our mid-field dominated theirs and as he was part of that mid-field that means he got dominated.

They had a quality battle, i would definitely like him to come here, has 20 years still in him possibly, bags of potential and hardly had a bad game.

Yeah - well you're full of assumptions aren't you.

I can only assume you weren't at the game. The only positives in his performance I can find are yours and the ramblings of the Sun and the EPO.

Oh, and my assessment of their left back - echoed by the Croydon guardian - but then, I guess if you look hard enough you can always find something from some hack that has the same opinion.

judging by your retourte, thanks for basically confirming you weren't there, 2nd question........have you watched city since wembley (apart from on tv)

No i wouldn't say wrong on all counts, have a look at the indepentant marks given by the BEP, you will find they gave lj a 6 and NC a 8, so i wouldn't say wrong on all counts???

What i will say though is that i fell lj had a good game by HIS standards, it was def the best performance i have seen from him since we have been in the CCC, however as most of the posters have written on here he is not consistant and i'm sure 100% within the next 2 games we will see the usual lj whcih is not a good thing for the best of BCFC which is what i want more than anything, if lj over night became the best midfielder in the world i would be over the moon, but we all know thats just not going to happen, and some of the comments on here from the happy clappers make it sound as though he already is, i would just like to know what games there watching as i go to every single game home and away and don't see it????

He def needs to be replaced in jan and if he isnt it will be a massive injustist to BCFC which is just not on?? IMO

I'm 100% in agreement with you, in that Lee Johnson had a good game by HIS standards against Palarse. To get to a decent standard as a central midfield player at Championship level there needs to be far more tackling and quality ball to the forwards than Lee Johnson has so far consistently provided. I'd love to be able to agree with cheese and write that all is well in central midfield when it's clearly not. Marvin Elliott has shown the qualities of a quality central midfielder and so has Nick Carle. However, Lee Johnson has completely blotted his copybook in my opinion by displaying extreme cowardice in not tackling down Reading's Cisse to prevent him scoring - an incident many of us will never forget.

Archived