IGNORED

Gary Johnson & His Son

Mr Mosquito

who said he wont? are you suggesting he is biased, because he's his dad?

Personally, I find it's nothing to do with the family relationship and just a case that Gary thinks Lee is a better player than he actually is, much the same as Wilson was with Peacock.

on a side note, I also find it VERY concerning that Nibor is actually agreeing with me on something??? either he's gone nuts or I might actually have a point.......I'll go with the former

Personally, I find it's nothing to do with the family relationship and just a case that Gary thinks Lee is a better player than he actually is, much the same as Wilson was with Peacock.

on a side note, I also find it VERY concerning that Nibor is actually agreeing with me on something??? either he's gone nuts or I might actually have a point.......I'll go with the former

I spent most of the weekend drinking. Haven't sobered up yet :)

Why does it have to have anything to do with who his dad is?

When has the manager actually dropped LJ? (I mean dropped, not failed to instantly recall him following an injury where his replacement has done well).

Which other player has had a run of form as poor and not been dropped? The only one I can think of is McIndoe and there's nobody else to play that role, we have several options in the middle of the park.

I think nepotism has nowt to do with it and GJ is just plain wrong about how good LJ is, simple as that.

Why does he think that GJ wont drop LJ? like he suggested??

You can't think much of McIndoe as well then - he is as bad or worse than LJ at bottling challenges.

I hate professional players bottling challenges, it often leads to lost possession and potentially giving a goal away - Burnley's second goal started with McIndoe jumping out of a challenge in midfield like a ballet dancer. Even the commentator on the highlights mentioned it, albeit a bit more diplomatic than me.

Bloody wimp - if I were in the same team or the manager, I'd be screaming at him to get stuck in for the team.

We are a lightweight and easily bossed team as it is, we can't afford to carry two non-tackling midfielders.

Apart from Marvin Elliott - who makes full blooded challenges - I've seen midfielders Ivan Sproule, Michael McIndoe and Lee Johnson regularly bottle challenges. Marvin Elliott is thus the only regular midfielder we've got that you can rely on to make a tackle. Put Cole Skuse alongside Marvin and that's 2 that'll tackle. Perhaps Louis Carey needs to show Sproule, McIndoe and Johnson how to tackle because he can be bloody good at it and the tackled player is usually limping for a while. :dancing6:

Because he never has before?

Is this true? If it is then I can see why not very intelligent people may see favouritism - But more often than not, when he's not in the team we play badly.

One occasion where we did well, in his absence was the end of last season, and LJ did'nt return to the side because NC & DN were doing well... surely if he was a favouritised then he would have returned to side side regardless?

Is this true? If it is then I can see why not very intelligent people may see favouritism - But more often than not, when he's not in the team we play badly.

One occasion where we did well, in his absence was the end of last season, and LJ did'nt return to the side because NC & DN were doing well... surely if he was a favouritised then he would have returned to side side regardless?

But we have played well without him, and poorly with him.

If he had returned to the side ahead of Carle there would of been uproar from the majority of the fans! When LJ is out of the team it is not untill injury or a mistake by the one filling his position that he gets back in! All players make mistakes which means LJ is never out of the side long! Which I feel is abit harsh! Derby Weele lets in a soft goal and gets dropped! LJ makes a inch perfect pass to there player, Yet starts the next game!! Crazy situation!

If Carle was still here at the begining of the season I am convinced Lj would of still started ahead of him! Its blatantly obvious that GJ sees him as a very important player in our team which in many peoples eyes is clearly not the case!

I predict a player similar to Carle will be baught in january and either played just behind the striker or on the right! :noexpression:

After reading that I do sound like a LJ hater! When in fact I spent the whole of last season sticking up for him! Just think the lack of anyone else being given a chance is very frustrating!

I'm quite happy for someone to correct me because I'm genuinely interested - but I can't think of an occasion where LJ has been dropped for poor form. Every time he's been out that I can remember it's been for injury.

I can think of occasions when he's been out due to injury, not immediately recalled because his replacement played well, but then brought back into the side as soon as his replacement had one bad game. I'd suggest that isn't consistent.

Mostly poorly I would say.

I wouldn't.

Although the result still wasn't right, I thought our performance against Swansea a few weeks a back was the best we have played for a while, although Skuse/Elliott is midfield is never going to be the most creative/adventerous formation, we were solid and strong and it meant the wingers didn't have to come inside to support and could actually attack on the wings.

For me, that formation worked a treat and with a ref who wasn't completly blind, it would have been 3 points for City.

The Ipswich game afterwards speaking to a couple of lads that went (madly) they said it was the similar situation in where the midfield played fairly well, apart from a crazy 7mins after Carey went off.

Personally for the up coming trip to Watford I'd like to play those 2 again if fit, plus with Palace coming to town soon, we are going to get ripped to bits if Watson, Carle and Derry are up against us in midfield. We will need players will to put a foot in and be strong, for me Lee doesn't come into that catergory.

I'm quite happy for someone to correct me because I'm genuinely interested - but I can't think of an occasion where LJ has been dropped for poor form. Every time he's been out that I can remember it's been for injury.

I can think of occasions when he's been out due to injury, not immediately recalled because his replacement played well, but then brought back into the side as soon as his replacement had one bad game. I'd suggest that isn't consistent.

I'd 2nd that......and I honestly can't think of a time when he has been dropped (at least since he's joined City) be interesting to get a Yeovil take on that actually.

That may be the case.

However, it's consistent with others that the manager considers to be players who will perform for him more often than not.

Basso, Elliott, Carey, McIndoe, Orr, McAllister. Have any of them been dropped due to poor form?

That may be the case.

However, it's consistent with others that the manager considers to be players who will perform for him more often than not.

Basso, Elliott, Carey, McIndoe, Orr, McAllister. Have any of them been dropped due to poor form?

Have any got real competition though? Apart from Carey?

That may be the case.

None of the players you have highlighted, have looked as inept as LJ has for most of this season, this is why GJ and LJ are in the firing line.

I remember when GJ arived for us a mate of mine that has a season ticket at Yeovil said that the first thing he will do is buy Lee Johnson and then start him every game, i thought he was exaggerating.

He has to go but the problem is that their is so much attention on him, when we play badly there's another 5 page thread on how bad he is but when he plays well or scores (Southampton) then there is a thread saying 'Well done LEE JOHNSON' when i am sure some other players may have played well.

None of the players you have highlighted, have looked as inept as LJ has for most of this season, this is why GJ and LJ are in the firing line.

In your opinion. The question was, have any of the named players been dropped due to poor form under Gary Johnson?

That may be the case.

Which of those has shown continued poor form in the last season and a half? I'd suggest maybe Elliott around January last season whilst playing through an injury and even on poor form it was unlikely the only replacement we had would do better (Skuse) and McIndoe in the first part of this season for whom we have no real replacement. I don't think any of the others have had a bad run of multiple games - no worse than the odd dodgy one.

I'd say that LJ is in a very long run of poor games this season interspersed with the very occasional decent performance and I'm amazed that with at least two alternatives available (Williams and Noble) we haven't made an unforced change in all that time. We've changed the right side, changed the strikers, changed the formation, changed the defence... why haven't we tried anything new in the middle when what we're lacking seems quite clearly to me to be creativity?

Like I said, I don't subscribe to the nepotism view at all. I think the manager genuinely believes he's contributing more than he is and I do think that GJ is making a rod for Lee's back by sticking with him so long. Dropping him for half a dozen games might be best for LJ as well.

In your opinion. The question was, have any of the named players been dropped due to poor form under Gary Johnson?

The point was, none of the players mentioned have been dropped for poor form because they have, over most games, played consistantly well.

LJ has not been dropped for poor form, but over most games, has played consistently poorly.

Which of those has shown continued poor form in the last season and a half? I'd suggest maybe Elliott around January last season whilst playing through an injury and even on poor form it was unlikely the only replacement we had would do better (Skuse) and McIndoe in the first part of this season for whom we have no real replacement. I don't think any of the others have had a bad run of multiple games - no worse than the odd dodgy one.

I'd say that LJ is in a very long run of poor games this season interspersed with the very occasional decent performance and I'm amazed that with at least two alternatives available (Williams and Noble) we haven't made an unforced change in all that time. We've changed the right side, changed the strikers, changed the formation, changed the defence... why haven't we tried anything new in the middle when what we're lacking seems quite clearly to me to be creativity?

Like I said, I don't subscribe to the nepotism view at all. I think the manager genuinely believes he's contributing more than he is and I do think that GJ is making a rod for Lee's back by sticking with him so long. Dropping him for half a dozen games might be best for LJ as well.

I only get to see games occasionally, so I can't comment as well as you can on individual performance levels. I do feel that the manager has players in whom he places his trust (it may be misplaced) and he picks these players whenever they are fit and available.

In Lee's case, I think it's highlighted more because of who he is and, whilst I do find him a frustrating player at times, I find myself defending him because the level of vitriol, abuse and allegation he receives (not from you) is completely unacceptable. Even the title of this thread is suggestive of nepotism, be that intentional or not.

I agree that Noble or Williams should be given a run of games in the middle, but find it concerning that neither are considered capable replacements for a player who is apparently struggling.

I only get to see games occasionally, so I can't comment as well as you can on individual performance levels. I do feel that the manager has players in whom he places his trust (it may be misplaced) and he picks these players whenever they are fit and available.

In Lee's case, I think it's highlighted more because of who he is and, whilst I do find him a frustrating player at times, I find myself defending him because the level of vitriol, abuse and allegation he receives (not from you) is completely unacceptable. Even the title of this thread is suggestive of nepotism, be that intentional or not.

I agree that Noble or Williams should be given a run of games in the middle, but find it concerning that neither are considered capable replacements for a player who is apparently struggling.

Unfortunately, until LJ gets treated the same as all the other players, who underperform, all that in bold will continue, whether you or I like it, or not.

There is a groundswell of opinion which is rising up against him.

Unfortunately, until LJ gets treated the same as all the other players, who underperform, all that in bold will continue, whether you or I like it, or not.

There is a groundswell of opinion which is rising up against him.

So, out of Johnson, Basso, Carey, McAllister, Elliott, McIndoe and Orr, only Lee Johnson has underperformed?

How the hell are we 18th then, with so many players performing well and only one underperforming?

So, out of Johnson, Basso, Carey, McAllister, Elliott, McIndoe and Orr, only Lee Johnson has underperformed?

How the hell are we 18th then, with so many players performing well and only one underperforming?

Difference being LJ must perform well to be competent at this level, whereas the other can underperform and get away with it.

In case it has escaped your attention Carey, McCallister, Elliot and Orr, for reasons, other than lack of form, have not played the number of games LJ has.

LJ is one of the most underperforming players in the team but, with the exception on McIndoe, has played the most games.

Including, of course, a couple of token gesture substitutions, one of which was last Saturday.

In case it has escaped your attention Carey, McCallister, Elliot and Orr, for reasons, other than lack of form, have not played the number of games LJ has.

LJ is one of the most underperforming players in the team but, with the exception on McIndoe, has played the most games.

Including, of course, a couple of token gesture substitutions, one of which was last Saturday.

You're quite right. They've either not been available through injury, suspension or refusal to commit to a contract. To be honest, I find it pretty unacceptable that three of our back four who started the season as first choices have picked up suspensions already.

It doesn't help the manager when he can't get a settled side going (and I feel he had settled on one at Sheff Wed) because players pick up far too many bookings and become unavailable.

We all agree on here about he should be dropped.but i honestly think that on saturday our manager was takeing the pi55 bringing noble on for 5 mins.Was that a dig at the fans or did he want his boy to be applauded.

We all agree on here about he should be dropped.but i honestly think that on saturday our manager was takeing the pi55 bringing noble on for 5 mins.Was that a dig at the fans or did he want his boy to be applauded.

We had all called for Marv and Nobes to have a start together on here.

And yeah fair enough they didn't have any where near enough time but whilst he was on he did nothing.

Why not give a different formation a go?

Maybe him in the hole although then we will have to sacrifice a striker??

Archived