IGNORED

Gary Johnson & His Son

Mr Mosquito

I'm 100% in agreement with you, in that Lee Johnson had a good game by HIS standards against Palarse. To get to a decent standard as a central midfield player at Championship level there needs to be far more tackling and quality ball to the forwards than Lee Johnson has so far consistently provided. I'd love to be able to agree with cheese and write that all is well in central midfield when it's clearly not. Marvin Elliott has shown the qualities of a quality central midfielder and so has Nick Carle. However, Lee Johnson has completely blotted his copybook in my opinion by displaying extreme cowardice in not tackling down Reading's Cisse to prevent him scoring - an incident many of us will never forget.

I don't think I've ever said that all is well with the midfield to be fair. I just don't think it's as bad as some would like to make out.

I'm 100% in agreement with you, in that Lee Johnson had a good game by HIS standards against Palarse. To get to a decent standard as a central midfield player at Championship level there needs to be far more tackling and quality ball to the forwards than Lee Johnson has so far consistently provided. I'd love to be able to agree with cheese and write that all is well in central midfield when it's clearly not. Marvin Elliott has shown the qualities of a quality central midfielder and so has Nick Carle. However, Lee Johnson has completely blotted his copybook in my opinion by displaying extreme cowardice in not tackling down Reading's Cisse to prevent him scoring - an incident many of us will never forget.

I totally agree with that, LJ was decent for him, but unfortunately that doesn't really say much considering his recent peformances, taclking just isn't good enough and I'd go almost as far as sayign that Noble is better defensively.

My concern is that now the team have picked up in the last 2 games, we gary go ahead and actually improve the squad that is sorely needed, or now it's getting to transfer window will players buck their ideas up (which as aloso been the case for Ivan) and Gary will decide to be "loyal to players who have done well in the past" despite the fact that they seem unable to do it on a regular basis at this level.

as for the reading game......no one like a bottler, especially when they are supposed to be in central midfield which is the most important position on the pitch.

I've said in a earlier thread, although I'd say Carle is a better player, I'd like to see us make a move for Neil Danns also at Palace, was a VERY good player at Colchester and has done well when playing at this level, very unlucky not to have played more games.

I don't think I've ever said that all is well with the midfield to be fair. I just don't think it's as bad as some would like to make out.

Cheese i stated earlier i go to every game home or away, thats how i think i am in a good positin to comment on games and players etc??? can you do us all a faour though please mate, only come on here and comment on games where you are actually there.......as you have already told us all you cant believe what you read or hear from the media.

Cheese i stated earlier i go to every game home or away, thats how i think i am in a good positin to comment on games and players etc??? can you do us all a faour though please mate, only come on here and comment on games where you are actually there.......as you have already told us all you cant believe what you read or hear from the media.

Thanks for the advice block h. I'll bear it in mind.

I totally agree with that, LJ was decent for him, but unfortunately that doesn't really say much considering his recent peformances, taclking just isn't good enough and I'd go almost as far as sayign that Noble is better defensively.

My concern is that now the team have picked up in the last 2 games, we gary go ahead and actually improve the squad that is sorely needed, or now it's getting to transfer window will players buck their ideas up (which as aloso been the case for Ivan) and Gary will decide to be "loyal to players who have done well in the past" despite the fact that they seem unable to do it on a regular basis at this level.

as for the reading game......no one like a bottler, especially when they are supposed to be in central midfield which is the most important position on the pitch.

I've said in a earlier thread, although I'd say Carle is a better player, I'd like to see us make a move for Neil Danns also at Palace, was a VERY good player at Colchester and has done well when playing at this level, very unlucky not to have played more games.

I personally feel that Johnson has been targetting players to improve the squad since the last window shut and his statement that he will be loyal to the players that got us here is merely to keep there confidence high whilst he busies himself finding replacements for some of them. If you think back to earlier on in the season he tried and failed to get Brian Howard from Barnsley, so from that we can gauge that he is active in trying to recruit new blood into the side behind the scenes.

I personally feel that Johnson has been targetting players to improve the squad since the last window shut and his statement that he will be loyal to the players that got us here is merely to keep there confidence high whilst he busies himself finding replacements for some of them. If you think back to earlier on in the season he tried and failed to get Brian Howard from Barnsley, so from that we can gauge that he is active in trying to recruit new blood into the side behind the scenes.

The time he was after howard though was when there was talk marv would be out for a while????

I just cant see him bringing someone in to replace his boy??? even though we know that it is desperately needed??

Lee Johnson, he's not bad, did well enough at the start of last season and has done okay at times this season but is not great defensively or tackling wise (Derby game in August, his error helped give away their equaliser) and he is capable of good passing play but probably not regularly enough to justify staying for the long term.

The time he was after howard though was when there was talk marv would be out for a while????

I just cant see him bringing someone in to replace his boy??? even though we know that it is desperately needed??

Time will tell - but I am confident you are wrong.

Oops - I didn't go to a game today - is it ok to post?

Time will tell - but I am confident you are wrong.

Oops - I didn't go to a game today - is it ok to post?

Now don't be childish cheese it doesn't suit you........and i am confident your wrong...time will tell......i would say we could have a little wager on it.....but hey you are never at the gate for me to collect my winnings???

Now don't be childish cheese it doesn't suit you........and i am confident your wrong...time will tell......i would say we could have a little wager on it.....but hey you are never at the gate for me to collect my winnings???

S'funny really - cos I ain't seen you there either. Maybe you could streak across the pitch at half time to identify yourself?

I don't think the two were linked, i think it was more that he was available and would have been too good to miss. You have to get it out of your head that Lee Johnson will never be dropped or replaced in the team so long as Gary Johnson is manager. He is a professional football manager and would never allow personal sentiment to get in the way of the good of the team. Therefore if he thinks we need strengthening in midfield he will drop Lee if he brings someone in, without question. Lee Johnson does a good job for us and always gives his all and i feel sorry for him because no other player in City history can i recall gets analysed down to his every pass like he does. And all because of who he is.

I don't think the two were linked, i think it was more that he was available and would have been too good to miss. You have to get it out of your head that Lee Johnson will never be dropped or replaced in the team so long as Gary Johnson is manager. He is a professional football manager and would never allow personal sentiment to get in the way of the good of the team. Therefore if he thinks we need strengthening in midfield he will drop Lee if he brings someone in, without question. Lee Johnson does a good job for us and always gives his all and i feel sorry for him because no other player in City history can i recall gets analysed down to his every pass like he does. And all because of who he is.

Fred i agree with some of your points in that i don't doubt GJ being a professional manager, i just think he thinks lj is better than he is and even you got to agree there is some funny decisions made around his selection etc etc taking of free kicks etc on the edge of the box he has done nothing all season with them so why is he still taking them??? GJ went on record after mcindoes penalty misses that after 2 its time to let someone else have ago..why is this not the case with free kicks.......and imo he is analysed so much as he is consistantly poor yet is still 1st on the team sheet....something that nobody else would get away with???

He is a professional football manager and would never allow personal sentiment to get in the way of the good of the team. Therefore if he thinks we need strengthening in midfield he will drop Lee if he brings someone in, without question.

It's been discussed before, Gary Johnson may be open to various suggestions/persuasions from female members of his family. Even the greatest Englishmen - such as Oliver Cromwell himself - were under the female thumb in one way or another......

V435.JPG

Taking it seriously for a moment and getting away from the "my dad is bigger than your dad" mentality. I do recall many saying that LJ would never ever be substituted. Then he was - and has been on more than one occasion - but of course that was just a token gesture - the LJ will never be substituted brigade decided that these substitutions didn't count - the goalposts were moved.

I can also recall some saying that Trundle was a waste of money and that, having paid a million for him, GJ would stubbornly refuse to drop him - well that theory didn't last too long either.

I can also remember the "Johnson will do anything to replace Basso with Weale" brigade. Apparently, the theory went, because Weale was at Yeovil, he was GJ's preferred keeper and was just itching for an excuse to drop Basso and install Weale as number 1.

So you'll forgive me if I'm sceptical of yours and others claims that GJ will never drop "his son/boy/lad" when he feels he has to or can, and that is why I'm confident that you are wrong. It's just that we simply don't have anyone else that could fulfil that role - and the lack of competition is a concern - but CM's better than LJ will not be cheap or easily come by because they'll have an eye on the Premier league or one of the "bigger" clubs in our league.

Yep, whether it be your own Mother, Wife or Girlfriend you'll be open to psychological female suggestion. It's not something I've made up to support my view on a football thread but it's been going on for millions of years.

well thats it then....you have cracked it....its all Lj's mums fault he is out there. I wonder who she intends on buying in Jan??????

Taking it seriously for a moment and getting away from the "my dad is bigger than your dad" mentality. I do recall many saying that LJ would never ever be substituted. Then he was - and has been on more than one occasion - but of course that was just a token gesture - the LJ will never be substituted brigade decided that these substitutions didn't count - the goalposts were moved.

I can also recall some saying that Trundle was a waste of money and that, having paid a million for him, GJ would stubbornly refuse to drop him - well that theory didn't last too long either.

I can also remember the "Johnson will do anything to replace Basso with Weale" brigade. Apparently, the theory went, because Weale was at Yeovil, he was GJ's preferred keeper and was just itching for an excuse to drop Basso and install Weale as number 1.

So you'll forgive me if I'm sceptical of yours and others claims that GJ will never drop "his son/boy/lad" when he feels he has to or can, and that is why I'm confident that you are wrong. It's just that we simply don't have anyone else that could fulfil that role - and the lack of competition is a concern - but CM's better than LJ will not be cheap or easily come by because they'll have an eye on the Premier league or one of the "bigger" clubs in our league.

As you said earlier cheese "time will tell"......and believe me mate this is 1 subject that i hope and prey you prove me wrong on :winner_third_h4h:

well thats it then....you have cracked it....its all Lj's mums fault he is out there. I wonder who she intends on buying in Jan??????

If Lee Johnson was doing the business for Bristol's Red Army on a week in/week out basis this thread would simply not exist. Lee Johnson was a good player at Div 1 level but at Championship level he's been found to be lacking some basic core attributes of a decent Championship level central midfielder. Expectations are now very high on the back of last season's 4th place finish. If Lee Johnson displayed just a half of the tackling attributes of Gerry Gow we'd be in the play-off positions now.

If you prove me wrong cheese i'll show my bare backside in burtons window :englandsmile4wf:

I'd go careful with that - did you hear about the last guy to make such a promise?

It's not for me to prove you right or wrong - and I can tell you something else, when it happens I will not be on here with I told you so posts so there will be no need for you to feel embarrassed and stop coming on here. In fact, even if you miss a couple of games - don't let that stop you from continuing to post - diversity is the name of the game on here - all are welcome as long as they don't get abusive.

If Lee Johnson was doing the business for Bristol's Red Army on a week in/week out basis this thread would simply not exist. Lee Johnson was a good player at Div 1 level but at Championship level he's been found to be lacking some basic core attributes of a decent Championship level central midfielder. Expectations are now very high on the back of last season's 4th place finish. If Lee Johnson displayed just a half of the tackling attributes of Gerry Gow we'd be in the play-off positions now.

I agree totally.....although i do think he is treated a little harshly at times on here and i have defended him when that happens.

Still don't believe that it has anything to do with any female in the johnson family that he is on the pitch week in week out!!!!!!!!

I'd go careful with that - did you hear about the last guy to make such a promise?

It's not for me to prove you right or wrong - and I can tell you something else, when it happens I will not be on here with I told you so posts so there will be no need for you to feel embarrassed and stop coming on here. In fact, even if you miss a couple of games - don't let that stop you from continuing to post - diversity is the name of the game on here - all are welcome as long as they don't get abusive.

For as long as i have good health mate i will never miss a game thats for sure......

don't know about the rest of it the stuff mentioned as it's not something I've seen or ever commented on

but the fact that Gary Johnson has never dropped lee johnson is still a valid point, because he never drops Lee Johnson (why are you so obsessed with Lee Johnson? secret crush?) regardless of form and hasn't dropped him in the time that he's been here despite having more than suitable alternative who haven't had their chance in their natual position.

how many times this season has Noble or Williams started in their best position, CM in a 4-4-2......none............case closed

Its no wonder so many of our older and regular posters don't post anymore. The last page sounds like romper room and my son a rugby player read some of the posts and commented that one of the main posters had to be female.

On the last page........are there any females, Ive got to see how good a judge my son is.

Cheese ? block H ? Donkeebles ? No insult intended, but Jay reckons one of you is a woman ????

With no photo or gender given, how can we know ?

Lee Johnson looked twice the player that Carle is on Sunday.

I don't mind Carle at all and was disappointed to see him leave in the summer, but Johnson was superb on Sunday setting in motion at least 3 goalscoring chances and playing only one ball poor ball of note.

People complain if we pump the ball forward and yet people lament the best possession retainer in the side.

Quite frankly the sheer ignorance of those who consistently single out Johnson is clear for all to see by the minimal and begrudged praise he gets when he proves their narrow minded opinion wrong.

Its no wonder so many of our older and regular posters don't post anymore. The last page sounds like romper room and my son a rugby player read some of the posts and commented that one of the main posters had to be female.

On the last page........are there any females, Ive got to see how good a judge my son is.

Cheese ? block H ? Donkeebles ? No insult intended, but Jay reckons one of you is a woman ????

With no photo or gender given, how can we know ?

Why would we care?

don't know about the rest of it the stuff mentioned as it's not something I've seen or ever commented on

but the fact that Gary Johnson has never dropped lee johnson is still a valid point, because he never drops Lee Johnson (why are you so obsessed with Lee Johnson? secret crush?) regardless of form and hasn't dropped him in the time that he's been here despite having more than suitable alternative who haven't had their chance in their natual position.

how many times this season has Noble or Williams started in their best position, CM in a 4-4-2......none............case closed

I'm not obsessed with LJ - I am obsessed with countering the ridiculous accusation that he is in the team purely because of who he is.

We do not have a suitable alternative that can do the same job imo and that is something that needs to be addressed. It was last January but for reasons that can't be wholly discussed NC went to Palace. We had someone linied up in the summer but it didn't go through - it happens.

And this is professional football - you don't/can't "give people half a dozen games to see how they get on", you assess them during training, you allow them cameo sub appearances and you play them in the reserves. You ask them during those times to show you why they should be picked, to show the qualities you're looking for. If they can't, or won't, then they stay where they are until they do.

Archived