IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Good Points?

Shockwave

Guest wheres your caravan??
There have been countless games when he has played well - he played especially well against Charlton, Southampton and Portsmouth.

Can you name anymore?

Well, that's as many as you named when asked which games he had played badly in. Why do I have to name more than you?

Okay. IMO he has been avearge or poor in all but three games this season.

• Admin
Thats just the point Gary has ensured this is the situation. Why do we have no other option to Lee Johnson. Persoannly I'd like to see Noble or Williams for that matter rather than Johnson.

So you're suggesting that Gary Johnson is deliberately holding the club back in order to play his son. Not only is that a potentially libellous viewpoint to express but would also suggest that he should be sacked for misconduct. Is this the viewpoint you subscribe to?

You didn't name even one. You just listed 3 games he played great in.

Here, let me help you. Reading was one bad game.

What other games?

Yesterday, Palace home and away, Wolves away, Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheff UTD, Preston, Reading, Portsmouth away, Derby home, Norwich home, Burnley home, Watford home. Off of the top of my head.

When has he played well?

With a another decent one in the middle with Marv just how much better could we be? It all very well every one moaning because there's another LJ thread but what do you suggest we do, just ignore his consistently under par performances and just turn a blind eye! When's Gary going to do the honourable thing and enter the transfer market for genuine play maker to play along side Marv and stop deluding himself that LJ is the answer.

Of course Lee wasn't the only player to give it away but these players have other qualitys to offer, If Lee is going to be a play maker then his passing needs to be on the money and needs to contribute more in the final third. Otherwise he's just a passenger for large sections of the match.

100% agree with this

Yesterday, Palace home and away, Wolves away, Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheff UTD, Preston, Reading, Portsmouth away. Off of the top of my head.

When has he played well?

you add

Derby (H)

Watford (h)

Burnley (h)

to that list as well of games he's been poor in.

Norwich is the only home game I've missed this season, however I know all the talk afterwards was how bad he played and how he got jeered off when subbed, so possibly that game, but can't judge on a game I didn't see

IMO, he has been good in all but three games this season where he has played particularly well.

Cheese thats fine thats that is your opinion, but just out of interest how many of those games you mention did you actually attend to form your opinion, and i don't mean watch the highlights on world, how many were you actually there in the crowd as i was home and away, as you state in your opinion he was good in all games except 3 where he played particulary well??

Cheese thats fine thats that is your opinion, but just out of interest how many of those games you mention did you actually attend to form your opinion, and i don't mean watch the highlights on world, how many were you actually there in the crowd as i was home and away, as you state in your opinion he was good in all games except 3 where he played particulary well??

Clearly not very many

:tumbleweed:

you will never get an answer to that question, just a diversion away from the question.

most likely because the only games he's seen are on TV.

Yesterday, Palace home and away, Wolves away, Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheff UTD, Preston, Reading, Portsmouth away, Derby home, Norwich home, Burnley home, Watford home. Off of the top of my head.

He played quite well at Portsmouth away and Palace at home. Apart from Palace away, Watford at home and Burnley at home (all of which the entire team played awful), all the other matches in your list were quite a while ago and I didn't see any of them.

Didn't see yesterday's match either but it sounded more like mediocre than bad.

Thanks for answering though. We're never going to agree on this but for the first time we actually have something concrete we can discuss. :thumbsup:

A major aspect of football - especially as a midfielder - is being able to tackle and tackle well.

Oh yes totally correct....I mean look at that Paul Scholes bloke, usless in the tackle and I'm sure he never won a thing. His manager must have been clueless picking him!! :noexpression:

Johnson is a decent player, to suggest otherwise is blinkered. I don't claim he is the best in the Championship and there are some games he doesnt do enough for me but to sit here and read some of the RUBBISH that is written about him beggers belief!

I find that most of the guys that sit around me are pro LJ. They sit and cheer and say ''well done Lee'' after every pass he completes and say ''unlucky Lee'' when he's poor in the tackle or miss plays a pass. I find it funny now that the people who think Lee Johnson should be in the team have to cheer a pass or a tackle or a header than the rest of the midfield do 20 times a match.

Once again he was useless on Saturday. He played one fantastic pass to Bradley Orr and had a nice flick which didn't really get us anywhere anyway. Apart from this his passing was shocking and the thing that really p!$$es me off is people think he done well to get the ball from the keeper 4-5 times a match down the right wing! You watch, next time he looses the ball and players are busting a gut to get back he jogs out to the right wing to collect the ball from Basso.

I actually think he'd be more affective on the wing. He can pick out better balls than sproule and isn't big enough to play in the middle.

Please give Gavin Williams in place of LJ. At least for 20 mins off the bench, thats all I ask GJ.

I wouldn't comment on a game I hadn't seen live - I don't subscribe to World.

Happy now?

Absolute b***ocks I'm afraid.

If it wasnt for his mistake vs Derby then he was fantastic. In the first half, where we entirely controlled the game, he was very much calling the shots in midfield.

Palace at home!?

In a game we dominated he created multiple chances and was involved in a large amount of our positive moves.

Preston away, Norwich, Burnley and Watford at home he did nothing to warrant overt criticism ahead of others.

Just out of interest, i looked at 4 papers on Sunday and Lee Johnson got a 7 out of 10 mark in all 4. The marks are not from me , not from people that see LJ make 1 bad pass and say that he is crap but from independant football reporters. Marv got 6 's or 7's and Skuse got mostly 6's as did Orr, Fonts , Mcaliister. Sproule got mostly 5 as did Basso.

Yet here we are again with the same people coming out with the same negative stuff about LJ. I am not saying that he is the best midfielder that i have ever seen by a long stretch but i don't believe that he deserves the amount of critisism that he gets IMO.

RE: Gavin Williams and Noble, one of the reasons why we played well on Tue and the second half on Sat was down to fitness. Everybody knows that you have to be at a certain fitness level to be in the team and clearly Noble and Williams are not up to the required level.

We do have other options - you have named some yourself. And so does the bloke looking for a caravan. Unfortunately those other options are not as good.

Come on ! Noble and Williams are more than good enough to challenge Johnson, they just don't get a sniff because little Lee is getting 'looked after' by the gaffer. Nobles dosn't even make the squad on most occasions which is just plain lunacy in my book.

Heres a fact I bet you didn't know.

Lee johmnson is currently 5th on the list of "most chances created."

Not assists though as we fail to take the chances.

*Waits for the sound of nothing*

Heres a fact I bet you didn't know.

Lee johmnson is currently 5th on the list of "most chances created."

Not assists though as we fail to take the chances.

*Waits for the sound of nothing*

Stats like that will be dismissed using one of the following:

1. Can't believe all stats because you can prove anything with them;

2. What is a chance? No doubt the chances LJ creates are of a poorer quality than chances others make;

3. A CM playing for us should be no.1

4. Where did you read that? Probably it was written by GJ;

5. It was written by someone in the employ of GJ who was told to write it;

6. NC is at no.1, no.2, no.3 or no. 4;

7. No-one else's opinion or stat is admissable because I counted 3,456,765 back passes.

Archived