IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Good Points?

Shockwave

Come on ! Noble and Williams are more than good enough to challenge Johnson, they just don't get a sniff because little Lee is getting 'looked after' by the gaffer. Nobles dosn't even make the squad on most occasions which is just plain lunacy in my book.

I'm not sure you could sink any lower in an attempt to give reasons why LJ is playing. If this is all you can come up with, whilst ignoring ALL the ramifications for the club as a whole, the team and of course the manager if the above was to be true, then really you are deluded.

If any player, board member, or coaching staff at the club held the view that you do, then the club would be in a total mess.

No proffessional player, starting or not, would play with any kind of spirit or belief in a team that they felt was hampered by a manager who picked a player because he was his son. No chairman would accpet let alone renew the contract of a 'proffessional' who they believed was bias towards a member of thier own family when in effect 'running' the 'company'. No coaching staff would respect or indeed play a part in a concerted team effort to maintain and run a football team that was so unproffessionally managed. We are not talking about a Somerset under 14's league team here, where a manager picks his slightly poor 13 year old son ahead of an other child on slopey overgrown park football pitch on a sunday morning. We are talking about a mulit-million pound business, where proffessional staff and players turn up day in, day out nearly everyday of the season to put in hard work as part of thier career they have worked hard at for many years. If there was a sniff of the misconduct and un-proffessional behaviour you have accused GJ of in your post then no one that falls into the category i have just described above would for one second accept it without causing a massive stir.

As has been mentioned, when people make such abusive and ill thought out suggestions as to the reasons for LJ's inclusion in the team, it really is hard to respect their oppinion on the subject.

Heres a fact I bet you didn't know.

Lee johmnson is currently 5th on the list of "most chances created."

Not assists though as we fail to take the chances.

*Waits for the sound of nothing*

link to back this up? or is this just a random made up comment

Oh yes totally correct....I mean look at that Paul Scholes bloke, usless in the tackle and I'm sure he never won a thing. His manager must have been clueless picking him!! :noexpression:

Johnson is a decent player, to suggest otherwise is blinkered. I don't claim he is the best in the Championship and there are some games he doesnt do enough for me but to sit here and read some of the RUBBISH that is written about him beggers belief!

I understand what you are saying regarding Scholes, but its not a fair comparison. True, Scholes has never been a good tackler, but he put his foot in (although five minutes too late usually!) and was worth at least ten goals a season. Frank Lampard isn't the best tackler either but scores twenty goals a season. So what they lack in one attribute they more than make up for it elsewhere. See what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, I think LJ is a tidy player, perhaps guilty of trying to overplay at times. I don't think he's poor, nor do I think he has that one outstanding quality like a paul scholes that would make him indispensible to the team, but I do think he is a worthy squad member. I also disagree with previous posters saying he isnt up to the championship, previous performances would say he is. Maybe the issue isn't ability, but consistency, which we could also apply to others in the team.

One thing is for sure, he certainly doesn't deserve all the bile on here.

I'm not sure you could sink any lower in an attempt to give reasons why LJ is playing. If this is all you can come up with, whilst ignoring ALL the ramifications for the club as a whole, the team and of course the manager if the above was to be true, then really you are deluded.

If any player, board member, or coaching staff at the club held the view that you do, then the club would be in a total mess.

No proffessional player, starting or not, would play with any kind of spirit or belief in a team that they felt was hampered by a manager who picked a player because he was his son. No chairman would accpet let alone renew the contract of a 'proffessional' who they believed was bias towards a member of thier own family when in effect 'running' the 'company'. No coaching staff would respect or indeed play a part in a concerted team effort to maintain and run a football team that was so unproffessionally managed. We are not talking about a Somerset under 14's league team here, where a manager picks his slightly poor 13 year old son ahead of an other child on slopey overgrown park football pitch on a sunday morning. We are talking about a mulit-million pound business, where proffessional staff and players turn up day in, day out nearly everyday of the season to put in hard work as part of thier career they have worked hard at for many years. If there was a sniff of the misconduct and un-proffessional behaviour you have accused GJ of in your post then no one that falls into the category i have just described above would for one second accept it without causing a massive stir.

As has been mentioned, when people make such abusive and ill thought out suggestions as to the reasons for LJ's inclusion in the team, it really is hard to respect their oppinion on the subject.

Well said.....i agree totally. somebody actually said on here a few weeks back that Gj picks Lj because if he didnt he would get grief from his wife. I find it hard to believe that somebody could actually believe that about a manager of a proffesional football club. Its an Insult to Gj!!!

If this theory was true Gj would have dropped NC and put Lj in for the final last year.......possibly the only time Lj may ever get to play at wembley but he didnt. he stuck with the same team that gots us there. God i dread to think what abbuse Gj must have got from his mrs for not starting Lee in that game.

Heres a fact I bet you didn't know.

Lee johmnson is currently 5th on the list of "most chances created."

Not assists though as we fail to take the chances.

*Waits for the sound of nothing*

In the games I've watched (most of them) we haven't missed lots of chances at all.

Quality service to the strikers has been an observable problem for a long time IMO, so I find it very hard to believe that stat is correct or if it's correct that the definition of a "chance" is useful.

Where's that info come from?

Well said.....i agree totally. somebody actually said on here a few weeks back that Gj picks Lj because if he didnt he would get grief from his wife. I find it hard to believe that somebody could actually believe that about a manager of a proffesional football club. Its an Insult to Gj!!!

If this theory was true Gj would have dropped NC and put Lj in for the final last year.......possibly the only time Lj may ever get to play at wembley but he didnt. he stuck with the same team that gots us there. God i dread to think what abbuse Gj must have got from his mrs for not starting Lee in that game.

The thing is, it will not be beyond some on this forum to suggest that GJ 'planned' to NOT play LJ in the final on purpose, so he could have 'evidence' to suggest he didnt favour his son. Its actually quite embarrasing as a City fan, that we have fans who believe such things as you have mentioned regarding his wife. I'm not sure much of what they say is truely what they believe or if they are just saying it, and I'm not sure which is worse anyway. Like him or not LJ is in the side for proffessional reasons, whether you agree with them or not is up to you and totally fine, but i find it hard to accept it when people suggest GJ has alterior motives for his selection, motives that are un-proffesional and jeopadise the clubs performance and progress. I think its highly abusive to both the player and the manager and truthfully it infuriates me that people can have such little respect for a manager who has taken us to where we are and who has put in, along with LJ and the players, masses and masses of effort for this club who we all support. Again, if you believe (which i don't for one second) that GJ can take us no further, then that is also an opinion that is your right to hold, but again to suggest that part of the reason why is because of his 'bias' selection of his son, is again plain stupidity.

The thing is, it will not be beyond some on this forum to suggest that GJ 'planned' to NOT play LJ in the final on purpose, so he could have 'evidence' to suggest he didnt favour his son. Its actually quite embarrasing as a City fan, that we have fans who believe such things as you have mentioned regarding his wife. I'm not sure much of what they say is truely what they believe or if they are just saying it, and I'm not sure which is worse anyway. Like him or not LJ is in the side for proffessional reasons, whether you agree with them or not is up to you and totally fine, but i find it hard to accept it when people suggest GJ has alterior motives for his selection, motives that are un-proffesional and jeopadise the clubs performance and progress. I think its highly abusive to both the player and the manager and truthfully it infuriates me that people can have such little respect for a manager who has taken us to where we are and who has put in, along with LJ and the players, masses and masses of effort for this club who we all support.

Again i totally agree. To not rate Lee is fine, i don't think he is great but i don't think he is as bad as some make out. He definately has flaws in his game but then most do......But some of the conspiracy theories as to why he is picked is a joke!

Does anyone know any good points for Lee Johnson?

Subsituted When bad - no

Good passer - no

Crunching Tackles - no

Scores loads of goals - no

What does he actually give to the team?

comments please

Please Please Please give this up.

I don't like Lee Trundle, but didn't bang on about it constantly, I also question what Stern John brings to the team, but keep that away from the forum.

We have had two excellent games at the Gate this week, with Saturday, despite the awful conditions being outstanding - so why all the negativity??

Perhaps Lee Johnson would benefit from the weight that he carries, namely people on his back, disappearing!!

Please Please Please give this up.

I don't like Lee Trundle, but didn't bang on about it constantly, I also question what Stern John brings to the team, but keep that away from the forum.

We have had two excellent games at the Gate this week, with Saturday, despite the awful conditions being outstanding - so why all the negativity??

Perhaps Lee Johnson would benefit from the weight that he carries, namely people on his back, disappearing!!

I agree with that point as well. i would love for once to hear the city fans sing his name or make up a song for him (a non abusive one) I think it would do his confidence the world of good which would benefit his game. I often think he plays better away from home because he feels more relaxed and isnt so aware that if he makes a mistake he is going to get slaughtered for it!!!!!!!!

Paul Dalgleish played for Newcastle United under his dad.

Darren Ferguson played for Manchester United under his dad.

Neither were deemed good enough to play for any other club at that level under an unbiased manager.

Goes to show even the best managers can't help but pick their son.

Can't remember the stats but isn't something ridiculous like LJ has only played 3 games under a different manager????

There are blokes who are good enough to be worth the place - Frank Lampard Jnr, Jamie Redknapp and Nigel Clough spring to mind.

I don't think LJ is good enough to be honest. Sorry.

Neither were deemed good enough to play for any other club at that level under an unbiased manager.

Can't remember the stats but isn't something ridiculous like LJ has only played 3 games under a different manager????

There are blokes who are good enough to be worth the place - Frank Lampard Jnr, Jamie Redknapp and Nigel Clough spring to mind.

Paul Sturrocks son plays for Swindon - he did when his dad was manager - he plays just as much as he used to when his dad was there - which is not very often. So dad's can drop their son when they find it necessary.

Paul Sturrocks son plays for Swindon - he did when his dad was manager - he plays just as much as he used to when his dad was there - which is not very often. So dad's can drop their son when they find it necessary.

Going on his size i would have said LJ has been dropped many times by his dad, from a great height. :innocent06:

Does anyone know any good points for Lee Johnson?

Subsituted When bad - no

Good passer - no

Crunching Tackles - no

Scores loads of goals - no

What does he actually give to the team?

comments please

Why do we pick on lee? Its not his fault. He tries his best and runs his heart out. Its the old man that picks him. I bet we don't get a strong midfielder in the Window.....

Blair Sturrock.....yeah another example of a player who's only at a club because of his father,

Started at Dundee....with his dad, daddy left....shortly after Player released.

signed by daddy at plymouth.....did little to nothing despite constantly being picked, in 3 years there, daddy left....shortly after Player released.

had 2 short spells at Rochdale and Kidderminster.....released from both.....

Daddy takes over at Swindon.....what a surpise....he signs his son.....who's still done nothing.....no doubt a matter of time till released wonder where he will end up.....plymouth??

Blair Sturrock.....yeah another example of a player who's only at a club because of his father,

signed by daddy at plymouth.....did little to nothing despite constantly being picked, in 3 years there, daddy left....shortly after Player released.

Daddy takes over at Swindon.....what a surpise....he signs his son.....who's still done nothing.....no doubt a matter of time till released wonder where he will end up.....plymouth??

But the point - which you so glaringly missed, is that even when his dad was manager at Swindon, he very rarely started (except when he was first signed). Dad has been gone for some time now - haven't seen him sign for Plymouth.

Theres a difference between the Sturrocks and Johnsons. The Sturrocks have never been successful together.

The Johnsons have enjoyed promotion to every division bar the prem - which as we all know was so very close last season.

Little Lee has been a key player throughout for him.

Theres a difference between the Sturrocks and Johnsons. The Sturrocks have never been successful together.

The Johnsons have enjoyed promotion to every division bar the prem - which as we all know was so very close last season.

And don't forget Pete Johnston of course, chief scout, and the sags call themselves the family club, how deluded they are :innocent06:

But the point - which you so glaringly missed, is that even when his dad was manager at Swindon, he very rarely started (except when he was first signed). Dad has been gone for some time now - haven't seen him sign for Plymouth.

exactly he started regularly when his dad was there, no he's gone, he barely does.

the reason daddy hasn't signed him yet is because he's still at under contract at swindon, when he gets released no doubt he'll sign him again as he's done in the past when his son has been unemployed

Plymouth got 2 promotions with the Sturrocks and another with swindon

but should he have is the question..........Lee can't do it at this level on a regular basis, by his own admission he only performed well in 1/3 - 1/2 of the games last season.

Plymouth got 2 promotions with the Sturrocks and another with swindon

but should he have is the question..........Lee can't do it at this level on a regular basis, by his own admission he only performed well in 1/3 - 1/2 of the games last season.

Try not to get confused. As a manager - he got those promotions - his son however....

Blair Sturrock hardly played at plymouth. You could argue he played a part for swindon's promotion.

Lee Johnson played nearly all the games for yeovil in their promotion from conference to L2 and then L2 to L1. He also played nearly every game in our promotion to the championship and then nearly every game last season.

If we won that game in London, GJ & LJ would have a had perfect record together.

This is one of very few average seasons for GJ & LJ. to compare them to the sturrocks is laughable.

Also cant do it on a regular basis? we were top until he got injured last season - which shows how much bollox you chat.

exactly he started regularly when his dad was there, no he's gone, he barely does.

the reason daddy hasn't signed him yet is because he's still at under contract at swindon, when he gets released no doubt he'll sign him again as he's done in the past when his son has been unemployed

No, he got regular starts at first - but by the time Sturrock senior left to go back to Plymouth his starts had become infrequent.

Try not to get confused. As a manager - he got those promotions - his son however....

Blair Sturrock hardly played at plymouth. You could argue he played a part for swindon's promotion.

take a look at soccerbase, he was a regular player in both promotion seasons? in the first promotion season he played 19 times after joining them only in Jan and in the following 20 games and in the next promtion season 24 games.....make of that what you wish???

Lee Johnson played nearly all the games for yeovil in their promotion from conference to L2 and then L2 to L1. He also played nearly every game in our promotion to the championship and then nearly every game last season.

If we won that game in London, GJ & LJ would have a had perfect record together.

This is one of very few average seasons for GJ & LJ. to compare them to the sturrocks is laughable.

Also cant do it on a regular basis? we were top until he got injured last season - which shows how much bollox you chat.

I don't actually think we were top after the Southampton game which was the last game he started but hey that's your view even if it is incorrect, what your saying though is almost as if we are a one man team with Lee Johnson, which is just comical.....your bascially stating that Lee Johnson's injury cost us promotion.............

perhaps you should look at your stats before you start insulting others people's viewpoints if you can't talk to people without person insults perhaps you shouldn't chat at all.

I don't actually think we were top after the Southampton game which was the last game he started but hey that's your view even if it is incorrect, what your saying though is almost as if we are a one man team with Lee Johnson, which is just comical.....your bascially stating that Lee Johnson's injury cost us promotion.............

perhaps you should look at your stats before you start insulting others people's viewpoints if you can't talk to people without person insults perhaps you shouldn't chat at all.

We were top after the Southampton game - you can get the detail from the official site:

Here

Don't forget the legendary Anthony Pulis!!

take a look at soccerbase, he was a regular player in both promotion seasons? in the first promotion season he played 19 times after joining them only in Jan and in the following 20 games and in the next promtion season 24 games.....make of that what you wish???

He only ever started 9 games for Plymouth!!

No we are not a one man team. But LJ was a virtual ever-present in a team that was one game away from the promise land - which says it all and makes what you said comical.

He played in central midfield -where you cant hide! If we had a central midfielder who wasnt good enough - we would'nt have been nowhere near the top.

I don't think that LJ's injury cost us promotion - but the balance in midfield was'nt there until NC came into the side. Maybe if NC replaced him immediately we might have got auto promotion. I remember Stoke away, we missed LJ badly that day because stoke were there for the taking - If only NC played instead of Skuse. Things could have been different?? who knows

PS I have checked the stats!! You should really take your own advice!

Absolute b***ocks I'm afraid.

If it wasnt for his mistake vs Derby then he was fantastic. In the first half, where we entirely controlled the game, he was very much calling the shots in midfield.

Palace at home!?

In a game we dominated he created multiple chances and was involved in a large amount of our positive moves.

Preston away, Norwich, Burnley and Watford at home he did nothing to warrant overt criticism ahead of others.

So games where he played outstandingly badly:

Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheff UTD, Reading, Norwich home

Note the most recent of these was 14 matches ago.

Games where he played as badly as the most/all of the team:

Wolves away, Preston away, Palace away, Norwich home, Burnley home, Watford home

Anyone disagree? Any more to add?

So games where he played outstandingly badly:

Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheff UTD, Reading, Norwich home

Note the most recent of these was 14 matches ago.

Games where he played as badly as the most/all of the team:

Wolves away, Preston away, Palace away, Norwich home, Burnley home, Watford home

Anyone disagree? Any more to add?

General observation not specifc to the player in question.

You cannot justify any players inclusion by saying he is as bad as the rest. It has to be what the player does consistently, which enhances a team and more importantly makes a difference.

Archived