IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Good Points?

Shockwave

Gosh, how original. Is there some sort of organised rota for somebody to start this thread every week? Is there ever likely to be anything original to be said on the issue, whatever people's position? The obsession lacks all sense of proportion and it would be nice to have a break from it. Won't happen though. :disapointed2se:

Yea, like him or loathe him, time to give the chap a break, and get behind him, because one thing about him you could never fault is that he is 100% commited to the cause.

Lee Johnson never seems 100% committed to the tackle unlike his fellow midfielders Marvin Elliott and Cole Skuse who always seem 100% committed.

He tries his best.

Always available.

Runs everywhere.

Great Fitness levels.

Takes the team forward (although not all that fast)

Picks the ball up from defence trying to stop us to woosh it.

Gets involved more than all our players arguably.

Good from set-pieces.

He's a top bloke.

Who else are you going to play there?

I think alot of people have forgot that he is a BRISTOL CITY PLAYER and a human being.

He can't help his second name but he definitely isn't playing badly.

Get behind him!!!

Does anyone know any good points for Lee Johnson?

Subsituted When bad - no

Good passer - no

Crunching Tackles - no

Scores loads of goals - no

What does he actually give to the team?

comments please

What positivity as a fan do you bring to the Forum........?

Mods, please give the 'Dull as dishwater brigade' they're own sub-forum. Not because topics like this should'nt be discussed, but because it is becoming - repetitive, non constructive, done too death, same old same old, blah! blah!

And i'm not a LJ fan!

:disapointed2se:

These LJ threads are so dull and predictable and the poor guy must the one player who has taken the most stick over the longest period of time than any other on here. I really hope he doesn't read this forum.

Maybe the mods should consider banning negative LJ threads for the good of us all.

I felt Johnson had a pretty average game yesterday.

He gave the ball away twice early in the first half but then set up Skuse (?) with a neat backheel and provided the cross for Maynard's header, both of which were our only genuine sights of goal first half.

Personally I felt Elliot did little yesterday apart from cover ground, an attribute that is considered a negative when discussing Johnson.

Lee Johnson never seems 100% committed to the tackle unlike his fellow midfielders Marvin Elliott and Cole Skuse who always seem 100% committed.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, you really believe commitment is based on how hard you are in a tackle?!

These threads are boring, full of people talking nonsense. Close it down!

These LJ threads are so dull and predictable and the poor guy must the one player who has taken the most stick over the longest period of time than any other on here. I really hope he doesn't read this forum.

Maybe the mods should consider banning negative LJ threads for the good of us all.

I know where you coming from, but I don't beleive in having anything that is considered off topic provided its debated properly and not going to cause a law suit. But I tend to agree some of the stuff concerning this particular player is repetative. and I say that as someone who thinks we really should be looking for a replacement sooner rather than letter.

As a mate said to me last night, as we discussed the pros and cons of Johnsson (Junior) for the umpteenth time, whether we like it or not he is going to be part of Citys plans for the forseeable future and I think I've come to the conclusion that I just have to continue to support the shirt and put my personal view to one side.

I know where you coming from, but I don't beleive in having anything that is considered off topic provided its debated properly and not going to cause a law suit. But I tend to agree some of the stuff concerning this particular player is repetative. and I say that as someone who thinks we really should be looking for a replacement sooner rather than letter.

As a mate said to me last night, as we discussed the pros and cons of Johnsson (Junior) for the umpteenth time, whether we like it or not he is going to be part of Citys plans for the forseeable future and I think I've come to the conclusion that I just have to continue to support the shirt and put my personal view to one side.

....and that is pretty much how I feel. As long as GJ is manager LJ will be part of his plans, so we might as well get behind him, otherwise it is just negative wasted energy, not to mention it gets massively boring discussing the same things over and over again. Let's just give him a break, however we feel about him and remember that he is out there trying to do all he can to help us move up the league.

It does make me laugh when i see that people have counted how many times he gave the ball away, i bet they don't have the same stat for Marvin or louis do they???

His game has and will continually be closely anaylised by the for and against camps in this on-going debate. When he has a "good" game" you will quickly see a "well done LJ" thread likewise when the reverse happens (dependant on viewpoint of course) the opposite happens.

Guest wheres your caravan??
He tries his best.

Always available.

Runs everywhere. That does ot warrant selection, surely?

Great Fitness levels.Does not warrant selection

Takes the team forward (although not all that fast)Better players to do that

Picks the ball up from defence trying to stop us to woosh it.Agree

Gets involved more than all our players arguably.Agree to a certain extent

Good from set-pieces.Too inconsistant for me, one good, folloowed by one bad. IMO better options within the squad

He's a top bloke.Agree

Who else are you going to play there?Williams was awesome against Charlton when he played in the centre, Hasn't played there since........

I think alot of people have forgot that he is a BRISTOL CITY PLAYER and a human being.

He can't help his second name but he definitely isn't playing badly.Oh come on

Get behind him!!!

my opinion, yesterday he was shocking for the first 60 mins and should have been taken off. few bad passes could of easily lead to a wolves goal.

after we got it back to 2-1, johnson showed what he can do. always on for the pass and plays sensible balls. quite often he kept popping up on the right wing. if he could play more consistantly as he did for the final 30 mins yesterday, it would stop most people moaning.

I cant believe there is another LJ thread, i honestly cant.

He has positives, he has negatives. I, like others see both, many see only negatives.

There is only one MAJOR reason his game is scrutinised so meticulously, and we all know why that is. Yes there would have been disscussion about his performances anyway, BUT it would have been nothing like on the scale it has been, nor would he have been scapegoated as he has been. We have had far worse players playing for this club in the past BUT i cannot recall such nagativity levelled at anyone else in such a 'witchhunt' type manner.

There are better players in his position yes, but they don't play for Bristol City, so untill they do get over it.

I just find it a shame that the ferocity of a players tackles seem to warrent the admiration of City fans, yet they seem blind to all other areas of a midfielders game. Some of the best MF's in the world have not been hard tacklers. I would sacrifice one or two 'tommy doc' tackles a game for the running and ground LJ covers anyday, as it brings back possession for the team on a much wider scale than the odd 'tough' tackle that results in an over exagerated roar from the crowd, but the ball ends up going out of play anyway.

Its seems to me that City fans have a strange delight in and need for MF's at this club to have to make 'hard' tackles and players in the past seem to have been cult here's for doing so, even if they bring very little else to the side, this is probably the reason Tommy Doc was so over rated and popular.

I cant believe there is another LJ thread, i honestly cant.

He has positives, he has negatives. I, like others see both, many see only negatives.

There is only one MAJOR reason his game is scrutinised so meticulously, and we all know why that is. Yes there would have been disscussion about his performances anyway, BUT it would have been nothing like on the scale it has been, nor would he have been scapegoated as he has been. We have had far worse players playing for this club in the past BUT i cannot recall such nagativity levelled at anyone else in such a 'witchhunt' type manner.

There are better players in his position yes, but they don't play for Bristol City, so untill they do get over it.

I just find it a shame that the ferocity of a players tackles seem to warrent the admiration of City fans, yet they seem blind to all other areas of a midfielders game. Some of the best MF's in the world have not been hard tacklers. I would sacrifice one or two 'tommy doc' tackles a game for the running and ground LJ covers anyday, as it brings back possession for the team on a much wider scale than the odd 'tough' tackle that results in an over exagerated roar from the crowd, but the ball ends up going out of play anyway.

Its seems to me that City fans have a strange delight in and need for MF's at this club to have to make 'hard' tackles and players in the past seem to have been cult here's for doing so, even if they bring very little else to the side, this is probably the reason Tommy Doc was so over rated and popular.

I'll make one final comment on this subject (oh joy I hear you shout). I will go into enforced self excile on this topic because I have nothing new to add.

As far as I'm concerned it is the Championship level that this player is being asked to perform consistantly week in week out that is his main failing. He is not a "rubbish" player in fact he has many good facets to his game but the week in week out physical nature of Championship football and especially the key area of the field he is asked to play is the main point, I beleive City would further develope their Championship cradentials with a more physical player in this role. To be a good little un you need a very high level of technical ability unfortunately for Lee Johnson (in my view), this doesn't quite reach the necessary level on a consistant basis. As his contribution again consistantly off the ball is limited in effect.

All that said as I posted above he his here until the manager decides otherwise, he is waring a red shirt and therefore we really should get behind the player.

This is an example of what happens with LJ.

2nd half; That quick bit of thinking by him at a corner' he got McIndoe to take the corner short to him before Wolves were set. He stepped into the penalty area and got away a good shot that the defender managed to block away, I'm not sure Hennessey would have got to it.

a guy behind me had been screaming at him to shoot before, now shouts "what did you shoot for you ######ing C***?

The guy can't win in so many peoples eyes and I get so fed up with the blinkered attitude of so many people. He made some poor passes with the wind behind us in the 1st half but he used the conditions better than anyone in the second, I honestly think people look the other way when he does anything right.

a guy behind me had been screaming at him to shoot before, now shouts "what did you shoot for you ######ing C***?

This is exactly what annoys me - I'm not an LJ 'fan' or an LJ 'basher' - I take every game in turn when I judge him. But there's people around me that tell him to get stuck into tackles then moan if he doesn't stay on his feet, or yell at him to challenge for a header then moan if he attempts it as he's "too short and should stay on his feet in order to catch any loose balls".

Incidentally, I think he didn't do fantastically well yesterday.

Does anyone know any good points for Lee Johnson?

Subsituted When bad - no

Good passer - no

Crunching Tackles - no

Scores loads of goals - no

What does he actually give to the team?

comments please

Well his passing is ok, albeit sideward and backward. He's not the sort of player that will ever score an abundance of goals

and really doesn't have the physical presence to make any real crunching tackles.

All together we could have a better player instead of him but we don't. Life goes on.

Archived