IGNORED

Gj /lj ... This Father / Son Thing

headhunter

• Admin
who knows the Hearts situation was a funny one, but any manager who signs a player then plays him, but signed him and then barely played him and only gave him 90mins once and shortly afterwards sacked, he barely played again and was then allowed to leave promptly.

either way, every club he's been at so far, he's either been released or allowed to leave promptly when a new manager took over.

Great use of hyperbole there.

He was "allowed to leave" Yeovil in the same way Murray was allowed to leave us, for a fee, to a club playing at a higher level when an ever present in the side under the current manager.

As much as you want it to, that doesn't automatically mean the manager didn't rate him. Indeed the fact that he featured in every game under that manager in the 4 months leading up to that move actually suggests he did.

Good post. The thing that surprises me though, is why LJ would want to play for his father for exactly the same reasons. He will never know whether he could have made it elsewhere, without his dad running the side, and surely his professional conscience would demand he find out?

I don't imagine that GJ would stand in his son's way if an offer came in for LJ and the player wanted to go.

I'm unsure if anyone has ever come in with a bid or expression of interest.

LJ will always play if fit , and is very comfortable with the situation I think.

Fans getting on a players back must have some effect on form eventually, but what really causes anxiety surely is the thought that the manager may share their views and ship them out which will effect their livelihood, which evidenced by the facts isn't the case- I really think that's the end of it because whilst we are competitive in this league GJ is fireproof, and clearly can put together a team which does the business.

Lee Johnson will never play for another Championship club as he's not good enough, he may posibably play L2 football with his dad not in charge but any higher than not, I think not.

Also Lee ain't stupid and knows his limitations so see's he's on to a winner here, first name on the team sheet every week, in fact the team sheets have his name printed on with the other positions left blank for Gary to fill in.

When you think how poor he was on Tuesday how on earth did he not get subbed? This is a question all you PC people sticking up for the under dog should ask yourselfs.... I'm glad so many of my fellow supporters are happy that Gary is using our club to give his lad a career at a level way way above his abilitys.

Lee Johnson will never play for another Championship club as he's not good enough, he may posibably play L2 football with his dad not in charge but any higher than not, I think not.

Also Lee ain't stupid and knows his limitations so see's he's on to a winner here, first name on the team sheet every week, in fact the team sheets have his name printed on with the other positions left blank for Gary to fill in.

When you think how poor he was on Tuesday how on earth did he not get subbed? This is a question all you PC people sticking up for the under dog should ask yourselfs.... I'm glad so many of my fellow supporters are happy that Gary is using our club to give his lad a career at a level way way above his abilitys.

Thats bullshit. If he was that bad we would never have finished in 4th last season and pushing for the play-offs this season. Unless you think the rest of the side are all Premier League quality?

Wow. How amazing must the rest of the team be to have reached the Championship playoff final last season whilst carrying a player in one of the most important areas of the pitch? To have won enough matches to finish 4th in the league with, effectively, 10 players on the pitch must make the rest of our boys absolutely world class and capable of walking into any Premier League team.

Or maybe you're just talking complete and utter nonsense. If it's a league two midfielder you're after, try Tommy Doherty.

Anything else you've said has lost all credibility with that comment, I'm afraid.

It's nothing short of a pathetic and insulting comment aimed at the best manager this club has had in a generation.

Oh, and Lee scored a goal after the time you'd have subbed him on Tuesday. Perhaps that why he's left on, because he can continue to affect a game for 90 minutes through his determination and fitness, regardless of a dip in form.

Lee didn't just arrive at this level. He has won promotion through every level from the conference upwards to arrive at this point in his career.

Wow. How amazing must the rest of the team be to have reached the Championship playoff final last season whilst carrying a player in one of the most important areas of the pitch?

Not that amazing clearly, as without LJ in the team towards the end of last season we tended to struggle.

Describing LJ as a L2 player is just embarrassing. For starters his return in terms of goals and assists at L1 level was very respectable and I wonder how many of his fellow players would agree with that statement?!

Anything else you've said has lost all credibility with that comment, I'm afraid.

No it doesn't.

It's nothing short of a pathetic and insulting comment aimed at the best manager this club has had in a generation.

And this is what this is all about, because Gary is so good at his job people are willing to over look the fact that Lee isn't! What are people scared that Gary will leave if we're honest about his boy?

Oh, and Lee scored a goal after the time you'd have subbed him on Tuesday. Perhaps that why he's left on, because he can continue to affect a game for 90 minutes through his determination and fitness, regardless of a dip in form.

Yes a tap in after great work from Williams. About he only positive contribution he made in 90 minutes football. Some are easily pleased I guess Edson.

Lee didn't just arrive at this level. He has won promotion through every level from the conference upwards to arrive at this point in his career.

Yes under his Dads management. Why ignore whats right in front your nose?

Because his father does not hold his hand whilst he is playing or play for him. He was a part of 3 promotion winning sides.

Why do YOU ignore most of the facts. For example, LJ got player of the year 3 years running at yeovil. Does not sound like a player ONLY in the side cos of his dad does it.

Now, come on Seend. Please tell us your joking and that your not THAT thick?!

No it doesn't.

Well, I wouldn't expect you to agree on that point. But it does.

And this is what this is all about, because Gary is so good at his job people are willing to over look the fact that Lee isn't! What are people scared that Gary will leave if we're honest about his boy?

No, I'm not scared of that at all.

It's just insulting to suggest a successful manager shoehorns a crap player into his team, just because he's his son.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making such an ignorant and pathetic remark. You won't be, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you should be.

Yes a tap in after great work from Williams. About he only positive contribution he made in 90 minutes football. Some are easily pleased I guess Edson.

Well, yes. I don't think anyone is suggesting Lee would score goals playing on his own against 11 players.

If you think that was his only positive contribution in 90 minutes, I suggest you watch the highlights again and ponder how 10 men manage to continually carry a player in a key position in the team whilst winning matches and challenging at the top of the division.

I'm not ignoring what's in front of my nose. I'll leave that to you. Presuming you can see that far.

Seend Red;

So to sum up your beliefs, it is your genuinely held opinion that Gary Johnson compromises the team as a whole, each individual player in the side, the chairman and the football club in general, whether it be from a financial or 'stature' point of view, by accomodating his 'League 2' standard son in a Premier League aspiring team?

A simple yes or no will be fine.

I don't think you understand that football is all about keeping the ball, LJ is probably one of the best in the Championship for doing this. He keeps the ball moving, nothing flashy but he does the job for the team.

We have other players who do different jobs, our balance is spot on.

Marvin/Skuse arent able to keep the ball but they give us the things LJ doesnt, its creating the right mixture in midfield.

Just enjoy the football, isnt it great to be where we are.

Gerrards quality?? run around like a headless chicken for 90 mins you mean. Cant get away with it in international football can he.

Zidane is quoted today as saying that he thinks that Gerard is the best player in the world.

But then, what would Zidane know about international football or indeed about midfield play?

I don't think you understand that football is all about keeping the ball, LJ is probably one of the best in the Championship for doing this. He keeps the ball moving, nothing flashy but he does the job for the team.

We have other players who do different jobs, our balance is spot on.

Marvin/Skuse arent able to keep the ball but they give us the things LJ doesnt, its creating the right mixture in midfield.

Just enjoy the football, isnt it great to be where we are.

So you think Elliott and Skuse are incapable of doing what LJ can do, Johnson is the master of ball retention yet on Tuesday I witnessed him give ball away under little to no pressure 4 times in the first 10 minutes! I think If I passed the ball back to the goal keeper from 60 yards I could retain the ball also!

Fact doesn't support your post Portland. All you are doing is reiterating the same old line and myth that LJ is our creative midfielder when in actual fact he creates and retains very little.

Also to suggest that Gerrard is a 'headless chicken' confirms you don't know a good footballer when you see one,undoubtedly one of the best footballers in the world at the moment and if he became available every club in the world would be clambering for his signature.

Funny how the Pro LJ mob don't pull you up for making that outrageous comment.

It's just insulting to suggest a successful manager shoehorns a crap player into his team, just because he's his son.

Why is that so unbelievable? Gary has done a job on you with his spin over the years. At L1 level he could get away with it as we were so much better than our rivals but now in the Championship he stands out like a sore thumb and it needs to be addressed. What he did at Yeovil is irrelevant as we are now in the Championship and looking to push on . Gary needs to face facts and realize Lee can take us no further and do the right thing for the club and stop looking out for his own.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making such an ignorant and pathetic remark. You won't be, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you should be.

Get a grip and don't be so silly.

Why should I be ashamed? Ashamed for being honest and failing to find any other reason why he plays week in week out even though he struggles to 'effect' the game. I think if he was in the squad and was dropped and treated like the rest I could deal with it but it's the fact his place in the 11 is rock solid regardless which just contradicts Johnson's so called policy for selection of his side.

If Skuse, Elliott, Noble(If not excluded) or McIndoe would of played like Johnson has over recent matches they would not be starting the next match and would find themselfs on the bench. You know thats true.

To claim I should be ashamed is quite frankly ridiculous , I expect better from you Edson.

So you think Elliott and Skuse are incapable of doing what LJ can do, Johnson is the master of ball retention yet on Tuesday I witnessed him give ball away under little to no pressure 4 times in the first 10 minutes! I think I f Ipassed the ball back top the goal keeper from 60 yards I could retain the ball also!

Fact doesn't support your post Portland. All you are doing is reiterating the same old line and myth that LJ is our creative midfielder when in actual fact he creates and retains very little.

Also to suggest that Gerrard is a 'headless chicken' confirms you don't know a good footballer when you see one,undoubtedly one of the best footballers in the world at the moment and if he became available every club in the world would be clambering for his signature.

don't bracket me in any kind of group, i just happen to support our team and players. I am more than happy with our team and the players in it. Your the one with the problem it seems.

As for Gerrard, vastly overrated IMO.

So you think Elliott and Skuse are incapable of doing what LJ can do, Johnson is the master of ball retention yet on Tuesday I witnessed him give ball away under little to no pressure 4 times in the first 10 minutes! I think If I passed the ball back to the goal keeper from 60 yards I could retain the ball also!

I personally don't much rate Gerrard either but I can at least recognise that he must be doing something right to be the star player at one of the best clubs in Europe, not to mention a key member of his international side.

I don't like the way Gerrard plays and I'd rather see a different type of player in his position, but I can't argue with the facts and the facts suggest that he's really very good and fits well into Liverpool's system.

Likewise you might not like the way Lee Johnson plays but you could at least recognise the fact that he's been a key part of the most successful City side for 30 years.

the key thing people seem miss is he fact that LJ covers a huge amount of ground and is always available. As such he is a key to the way we play and while his goal may have been a simple finish the fact is he was there to finish it!!

As for nepotism please grow up, as for dressing room discontent there clearly isn't any, lj is in the side on merit and gj's comments on stern john could equally be applied to LJ who comes in for similar and unwarranted criticism.

Why is that so unbelievable? Gary has done a job on you with his spin over the years. At L1 level he could get away with it as we so much better than our rivals but now in the Championship he stands out like a sore thumb and it needs to be addressed. What he did at Yeovil is irrelevant as we are now in the Championship and looking to push on . Gary needs to face facts and realize Lee can take us no further and do the right thing for the club and stop looking out for his own.

Get a grip and don't so silly.

Why should I be ashamed? Ashamed for being honest and failing to find any other reason why he plays week in week out even though he struggles. I think if he was in the squad and was dropped and treated like the rest I could deal with it but it's the fact his place in the 11 is rock solid regardless which just contradicts Johnson's so called policy for selection of his side.

If Skuse, Elliott, Noble(If not excluded) or McIndoe would of played like Johnson has over recent matches they would not be starting the next match and would find themselfs on the bench. You know thats true.

To claim I should be ashamed is quite frankly ridiculous , I expect better from you Edson.

As I said, you won't be. Thanks for fulfilling my expectations.

Again, how have we finished fourth in the Championship carrying a League Two player in a key position? And how are we once again challenging for the play offs with the same handicap?

Explain.

As I said, you won't be. Thanks for fulfilling my expectations.

Again, how have we finished fourth in the Championship carrying a League Two player in a key position? And how are we once again challenging for the play offs with the same handicap?

Explain.

Trying browbeat me in to submission isn't going to work Edson, I ain't the sort to buckle and just follow the crowd because it easier.

I genuinely fail to see how anyone could think he's good enough to play in our midfield against Cardiff on Sunday and be the driving force in the engine of our side, the man to push us to the promised land... but you're entitled to your opinion and I wouldn't be so rude as to insult you personally for holding a different opinion to me.

I really have made my feeling perfectly clear on this I don't feel I need to explain again.

Trying browbeat me in to submission isn't going to work Edson, I ain't the sort to buckle and just follow the crowd because it easier.

I genuinely fail to see how anyone could think he's good enough to play in our midfield against Cardiff on Sunday and be the driving force in the engine of our side, the man to push us to the promised land... but you're entitled to your opinion and I wouldn't be so rude as to insult you personally for holding a different opinion to me.

I really have made my feeling perfectly clear on this I don't feel I need to explain again.

I'm not browbeating you or asking you to 'follow the crowd'.

I'm asking you to explain how it's possible to carry a League Two player in a key midfield position in the Championship and be in the position we are in now and in the position we finished in last season.

If you've already explained it elsewhere, please point me to it, as I missed it. Or simply paste it in here as a reply.

I genuinely fail to see how anyone could think he's good enough to play in our midfield against Cardiff on Sunday and be the driving force in the engine of our side, the man to push us to the promised land

To be fair Seend, I think it is questionable, based on this seasons form, that he is a good enough player to help us push for the prem.....

But two points. Firstly we almost did it last season.

Secondly. Your not saying he isnt good enough to help us win promotion, you saying that he's not good enough FULL STOP. Which is bollox.

Your feeling is that he's a league two standard player who is somehow holding down a place in one of the most crucial areas of a team that reached the Championship playoff final last season and is looking a decent bet to make the playoffs again. We're simply asking you to explain how the team can possibly be doing so well if what you say is true.

Why is that so unbelievable? Gary has done a job on you with his spin over the years. At L1 level he could get away with it as we were so much better than our rivals but now in the Championship he stands out like a sore thumb and it needs to be addressed. What he did at Yeovil is irrelevant as we are now in the Championship and looking to push on . Gary needs to face facts and realize Lee can take us no further and do the right thing for the club and stop looking out for his own.

I'm sure we came second to S****horpe, so you believe that Gary played his son risking a chance to go up or even going up as champions!

I'm sure Gary thought "you know what ###### the chance of a league 1 champions winner title, i'll play Lee and if the players and fans don't like it tough, what would I do with a champions medal, won't mean nowt if my Lee ain't in the team." yeah right. :blink:

I agree that in order to improve we need a more creative/ attacking midfield, but to slate LJ as league 2 standard is rediculous

Two things. One: How, exactly is it 'PC' to support a player?

Two: Given that you think Johnson is guilty of nepotism, the extent of which would certainly be gross misconduct, do you think he should be sacked?

I'm sure Gary thought "you know what ###### the chance of a league 1 champions winner title, i'll play Lee and if the players and fans don't like it tough, what would I do with a champions medal, won't mean nowt if my Lee ain't in the team." yeah right. :blink:

Yes, just like he deliberately weakened the team when Orr got injured at Wembley to 'give his lad a run out.' I seriously wonder whether some of these peopel think that Johnson (Gary) is some malevolent moron, deviously promoting his son ahead of all others in order to bring the club to its eventual ruin.

Archived