IGNORED

'big' Clubs

gater2

Will somebody please put Ashtonyate out of his misery. Its getting beyond a joke now.

I am ashamed that you "support" the same club as I do.

Dolly,

Saab Driver is right, I'm afraid. There is sometimes only one way to deal with certain people - and that is not to deal with them, full stop. As long as forum members keep taking the bait and responding, your frustration will continue.

A while ago, I started a thread here on a similar theme to one initiated at about the same time by AY. Posters on AY's topic were getting very irate about the negativity, and I pointed out that there was a perfectly civilised and sensible thread where the same issues could be debated without all the aggravation, if people were indeed as cheesed off with it as they claimed. The fact was, though, that after a day or two of this, there were at least twice as many responses to AY's thread as the other one. (That's not a complaint, by the way: it's simply what happened).

Draw your own conclusions. Members moan like hell about some quite outrageous stuff that gets posted, but then still insist on perpetuating the most petty and worthless arguments by engaging with them. Can't have it both ways. No responses means no thread, means it would all just die a death if only we could bring ourselves to give this stuff the attention it deserves - which is to say absolutely none at all.

Dolly,

Saab Driver is right, I'm afraid. There is sometimes only one way to deal with certain people - and that is not to deal with them, full stop. As long as forum members keep taking the bait and responding, your frustration will continue.

A while ago, I started a thread here on a similar theme to one initiated at about the same time by AY. Posters on AY's topic were getting very irate about the negativity, and I pointed out that there was a perfectly civilised and sensible thread where the same issues could be debated without all the aggravation, if people were indeed as cheesed off with it as they claimed. The fact was, though, that after a day or two of this, there were at least twice as many responses to AY's thread as the other one. (That's not a complaint, by the way: it's simply what happened).

Draw your own conclusions. Members moan like hell about some quite outrageous stuff that gets posted, but then still insist on perpetuating the most petty and worthless arguments by engaging with them. Can't have it both ways. No responses means no thread, means it would all just die a death if only we could bring ourselves to give this stuff the attention it deserves - which is to say absolutely none at all.

People, lets not turn this into a witchunt.

Surely we should all welcome peoples opinions, however barmy people think they are....at least it provokes debate.

....and it wouldn't seem like bcfc without the wacky old Williams brigade represented, would it?

I would have to say I disagree with this. I think for long term prospects history has quite a bit influence simply because it will mean a bigger fanbase and prestige about the club. I would probably think that Leeds' 30 year prospects are probably better than Hull's and Wigan's. I know you can then get into a debate: what is football about, the present, future or past? The fact that Leeds have a big history means they have a big ground with lots of fans.

But that was my point: with all due respect to Hull City, they never distinguished themselves previously, but there they are in the Premier League- and good luck to them.

Similarly Wigan: noted only for its Rugby League team hitherto, are suddenly up there with the elite.

Which goes to prove that you don't necessarily need an illustrious history to be in the big time.: the possession of a distinguished history and culture did not prevent the decline of Leeds United

It's potential that counts.

And you can be sure that Chairman Lansdown and his minions have done a SWOT analysis of CITY's possibilities and believe we can be up there as well : hence the push for a more competitive squad and the new stadium.

(For the uninitiated: SWOT analysis= a business tool used to forecast trends and potential: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats ).

I noticed after I posted. Never mind.

The fact is showing 5 years of who's played where means little. Historically Division 2 hasn't seen sides grw crowds like spells in Div 1.

Like posted above, despite a play off final recently, people up north consider us tin pot.

Perhaps the new "Championship" format may change this trend. So far it hasn't

I noticed after I posted. Never mind.

The fact is showing 5 years of who's played where means little. Historically Division 2 hasn't seen sides grw crowds like spells in Div 1.

Like posted above, despite a play off final recently, people up north consider us tin pot.

Perhaps the new "Championship" format may change this trend. So far it hasn't

So we should care that people up north consider us tin pot ?

I'm down south and I don't consider us tin pot.

Archived