IGNORED

Hartley Transfer Listed Rumour.

screech

I really don't believe that Paul Hartley is stupid enough to start questioning selections when he's only been here five minutes.

Yes, he should have been playing, but he would know that he doesn't need to say a word - the manager can't leave him out long.

I think this rumour is just malicious crap.

That is far to obvious and sensible to be posted!

Sarcasm warning (for those of you that don't get it)!

Why not post that you heard that LJ actually put in a transfer request because he wants to play for Roy Keane who is actually his dad and the whole GJ being his dad is one massive cover up. No sorry that wouldn't work as LJ couldn't sensibly be held responsible for that - actually its not his fault GJ plays him sometimes but that does seem to stop some people so hay go for it if you want.

ph has put a request in.

he aproached carey 1st and put is point to him.

its genuine, fact is hartley is better than lee j, his problem is city play through the middle and ph is well suited, needs less time, quicker feet ect ect, noble was far better than lee j in this role and hes gone.

If true will he suffer the same fate as Basso :noexpression:

Does anybody know for sure that he's put in the transfer request(if he has at all) because certain players are starting in front of him,or could it be he just hasn't settled in the area.I read somewhere on here that he travelled back to Scotland for his sons birthday,so i'm presuming his family haven't moved with him which could be a huge factor if he hasn't settled

Could he of asked GJ for a transfer for personal reasons,saying that he will give his all till the january transfer window hence why he was part of the squad saturday.

Alot of ifs and buts,just don't think he comes across as the type of bloke to chuck his toys out over player selection could be wrong though.

IMO, Sno is not the sort of player needed in the Championship, dont believe the hype, hes not actually that good.

I thought I was alone in thinking that he is not that great. A decent enough player, but he does get caught in posession far too easily, and far too often.

Did Carey get dropped (plymuff game) for questioning GJ team selection?

that was the other part of the rumour, apparently speaking on Hartleys behalf...

that rumour and the transfer request is nonsense. there are ten players every game with the hump when they dont start ,there is no anarchy trust me

Guest Red Cell
Absolute bllox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no transfer request end of

It's lovely that you come on here and tell us stuff that Johnson's told you to say, now take a message the other way and tell Johnson to pull his finger out and select our best 11, which should never include his son or mccombe. cheers for that.

No he wasn't.

Hartley isn't fit enough to play 3 games a week. If he was he'd have kept his place.

As such, LJ started and was MoM at Barnsley.

So why should GJ drop the MoM when he is fit?

If you're going to rotate Hartley out after a very good game against Plymouth it is extremely inconsistent to then immediately revert to "player keeps shirt" for the next game. It was Hartley's shirt from the start of the season, he was ill for two games, and GJ has not in the past allowed a situation like that to result in a lost shirt.

When? Up until Saturday, LJ had been playing consistently well for about 5 games. In comparison, Hartley has had a couple of duffers.

When has Hartley played worse than LJ? I've not seen that myself. Or do you mean LJ has played well for him and Hartley had a couple of duffers against higher expectations we might have? In that case I'd perhaps agree but that's not how I think a team should be picked.

LJ has been dropped this season and probably will be for Forest. Hartley never has. If GJ is following this semi-rotation policy, that's a bit unfair to Hartley as he's more likely to lose his place than other players. But he can't complain about losing his place to someone who got MoM and has been playing consistently well before that. Especially when he got on at half-time.

Not sure if Marv has been dropped but I can't see Skuse being dropped so the former probably will be.

Edit: Sno HAS proved his superiority IMHO. As such he's guaranteed a starting place even when not fit.

I do not think LJ has been consistently having a positive affect on the side to anything like the same level Hartley does, he's just been doing well by his average standard at this level and I believe Hartley has a far bigger impact on any game.

If you think rotating Hartley out and then not rotating him back in isn't dropping him that's a definition I don't agree with and I suspect the player will consider that to be dropped - that's what counts.

Marvin would be on the bench for me and my three would be Hartley, Sno and Skuse. I'd actually pick Williams before LJ to cover for either Hartley or Sno because his all round game is far better IMO and Elliot to cover for Skuse on form at the moment.

I can't believe there is any real case to be made for LJ starting ahead of Hartley in the future.

I have one worry about the gathering "Hartley to start" campaign.

On Saturday he had 20 minutes after half time where his passing, delivery of the dead ball (hello McAllister...), encouragement and all round general play was so superior to the guy he had replaced that even GJ must have been embarrassed.

Then we scored. And then...and then....

And then Hartley disappeared. Went AWOL (perhaps not for the first time in a fortnight?). MIA.

The entire team reverted to defending their own penalty area which meant that breaking out tended to involve long hoofs upfield and hopeful chases, after the equaliser we were playing even more directly. Hartley could have probably exerted more influence there and I think the whole team could have done better. In what way would LJ have been better though?

I've said it before but I don't believe Hartley is fit. I especially think he will struggle in a three man midfield that might be swamped with 4 or 5 opponents.

I'd love to see Hartley in a 4 man diamond type midfield with Elliot at the base of the diamond, Skuse and Hartley in the middle and Sno at the point. If need be the diamond can flatten to provide a traditional 4-4-2. As a 3 man midfield I think Hartley will struggle for 90 minutes.

On top of this I don't think that Sno is fit. I've seen all but one of his games at AG this year and I haven't seen him sprint once. I suspect he has hamstring/achilles type problems.

I disagree with you on fitness because I think GJ definitely wouldn't play him if he wasn't fit. I've seen him still have energy in the closing stages of a game and though he may be older his legs haven't gone.

I think Hartley has never been quick and his quality on the ball, playing passes that nobody else in our squad can and most of all being a real leader make much more difference than him being able to run faster.

that rumour and the transfer request is nonsense. there are ten players every game with the hump when they dont start ,there is no anarchy trust me

Cheers for clearing a couple of things up here yessir.. good job.

Probably a long shot but can you shed any light on David Clarkson? Why has he not had a look-in since his illness, and will he be getting a chance?

Good, now all the rumours can be put to bed. In a way, this whole episode can be looked at in a positive light, as yessir said, if we have players that are annoyed when they don't start, this at least shows we have players committed to the cause, are wanting to play games and aren't content to stay on the bench and pick up their wages.

Guest zider_head

I would imagine Clarkson must be well fed up, didnt do alot wrong before he got the bug, scored a hatrick in the reserves and hasnt had a kick since, guess the positive thing is we are picking up points, but I must admit this is the more boring defensive team I have watched play in a city shirts I think, we have the players to do even better, we just need to pick a formation and a starting 11 and try and stic k to it using the back up players as and when required

I know the midfield is a real issue

I look at this as buckets of players

Defensive midfielders :-

Elliot

Skuse

Attacking Midfielders :-

Johnson

Williams

Verstatile (i.e can play both roles)

Sno

Elliot

Hartley

On paper I would play a diamond as we dont have any natural wingers (sproule is shocking in my eyes) something like

Skuse

Sno Elliot

Hartley

You have then got good cover for the nech in the shape of the above left out

I would imagine Clarkson must be well fed up, didnt do alot wrong before he got the bug, scored a hatrick in the reserves and hasnt had a kick since, guess the positive thing is we are picking up points, but I must admit this is the more boring defensive team I have watched play in a city shirts I think, we have the players to do even better, we just need to pick a formation and a starting 11 and try and stic k to it using the back up players as and when required

I heard on here a couple of days ago that the reason why he isn't playing is because in his illness he lost over a stone of weight, and is not anywhere near 1st team regular football because of that. This would explain his absense.

It's lovely that you come on here and tell us stuff that Johnson's told you to say, now take a message the other way and tell Johnson to pull his finger out and select our best 11, which should never include his son or mccombe. cheers for that.

GJ has just told me to say why bring lee into this, now boom boom :innocent06:

I heard on here a couple of days ago that the reason why he isn't playing is because in his illness he lost over a stone of weight, and is not anywhere near 1st team regular football because of that. This would explain his absense.

He recovered from the illness a good few weeks back and played full games for the reserves soon after, surely he must be match fit by now. Clearly losing over a stone in weight would be an explanation... but it does sound improbable that he lost that much.

Guest AJ Sylvester

LJ had played well in previous games. He started.

He didn't play well against Wednesday. He got subbed.

So you got what you want. Now perhaps back the team and stop stirring? Just a thought, like.

Good, now all the rumours can be put to bed.

Why? None of us know who yessir is, so why should we believe him/her/it?

And if yessir really is "close" to the Johnson family, their posts are bound to paint them in a good light! Yessir's posts saying there's no behind-the-scenes problems are unconvincing, as far as I'm concerned.

It was a rumour on here a couple of days back, taken from a steward who was in the know apparently. He was the worst hit by the illness by all accounts, although a stone does sound unlikely, the way Johnson was talking about him (being worth 3 million + in a couple of years) he obviously really rates him. If that's true, and he did lose a stone, it'll take him ages to recover. Should be on the road to recovery now though. I'd like to see him playing, but it's better for clarkson, if his illness was as bad as the rumour suggests, if he isn't rushed back.

On the bright side, when we do get him back at full fitness, it'll be like having a new player.

Yessir,

If you got the ear of GJ ask how many leaders we have on the field when Hartley and Carey arent playing - because my main problem is that without Carey in the defensive unit we look "vulnerable" as GJ put it and without Hartley in midfield we look like 4 midfielders doing their best but not being coordinated and looking like a unit like it does when Hartley plays.

Guest AJ Sylvester
Yessir,

If you got the ear of GJ ask how many leaders we have on the field when Hartley and Carey arent playing - because my main problem is that without Carey in the defensive unit we look "vulnerable" as GJ put it and without Hartley in midfield we look like 4 midfielders doing their best but not being coordinated and looking like a unit like it does when Hartley plays.

Carey started and came off with injury. I think he's not started one game when fit and ended up coming on very early in that game anyway.

Why? None of us know who yessir is, so why should we believe him/her/it?

And if yessir really is "close" to the Johnson family, their posts are bound to paint them in a good light! Yessir's posts saying there's no behind-the-scenes problems are unconvincing, as far as I'm concerned.

So you're you believe a rumour that came from no verified source, but you won't believe the explanation.

I can almost see the logic there, honest.

Guest AJ Sylvester

This rumour is rubbish.

At the end of the day someone has totally made this rubbish up and someone else has decided to put it out on in the public on the radio.

It was always totally unfounded, has ended up with City fans worried that a good player is about to leave, has put that player in an awkward situation, made his teammates worry that there may be a problem and it's just because a couple of fans can't help but pretend to know something that they don't.

Those fans can take 5 minutes now to ask themselves:

- is it really fair that I mess with and create rumours about someone elses career?

- would I want my work colleagues and boss to hear that you'd asked to leave even if you haven't?

- do you think you've helped the club in any way by talking such rubbish?

Archived